Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
They won today and is in The FA Cup first round proper, what is the first time in the history of the club and 48 years on since a team from Cornwall made the round.

Congratulations and a big well done

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Argyleloyal87":3j9yua65 said:
They won today and is in The FA Cup first round proper, what is the first time in the history of the club and 48 years on since a team from Cornwall made the round.

I do believe that 48 years ago it were Falmouth Town in the FA Cup first round proper. Even back then I am sure there were a few ex-Argyle apprentices, who failed to make the grade in the team.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Quintrell_Green":981sfqm4 said:
Argyleloyal87":981sfqm4 said:

I do believe that 48 years ago it were Falmouth Town in the FA Cup first round proper. Even back then I am sure there were a few ex-Argyle apprentices, who failed to make the grade in the team.

Yeah it was Falmouth Town

P

Perran Green

Tyler Harvey, Ben Gerring, Sam Richards, River Allen, Aaron Bentley, Billy Palfrey and Stewart Yetton. Not sure if they all played yesterday but they have all played this season

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Quintrell_Green":1lhweqpb said:
Argyleloyal87":1lhweqpb said:

Saturday 15 Nov 1969 at Bickland Park, a 4-1 reverse against Peterborough. Falmouth team was Neale; Gray, Richardson: Knapman, Buckingam Shrewbrook: Ashe, Pedrick, Ewings, Thompson and Rogers. Richard Gray was a part-time pro at Argyle and was released at the end of 1960-61 when Vic Buckingham got rid of every part-time pro. Colin Buckingham was also at Argyle and played 16 times for the first team, making his debut towards the end of the 1962-63 season. I think he then went to Exeter or Weymouth (or both). I am pretty sure that Norman Ashe played a handful of games for Villa and a few for Rotherham or Rochdale (always got them confused!) too.

Nov 18, 2011
Charlton is just down the road from me, think I may pop down to the Valley to cheer on Truro. It's certainly a shorter trip then the one back to Home Park!

Feb 28, 2016
Perran Green":22ijv5ym said:
Tyler Harvey, Ben Gerring, Sam Richards, River Allen, Aaron Bentley, Billy Palfrey and Stewart Yetton. Not sure if they all played yesterday but they have all played this season

Aaron is at Parkway now. Think Fletcher Williams is there too but might be out on loan at the moment.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
memory man":3jhwrgr6 said:
Quintrell_Green":3jhwrgr6 said:
Argyleloyal87":3jhwrgr6 said:

Saturday 15 Nov 1969 at Bickland Park, a 4-1 reverse against Peterborough. Falmouth team was Neale; Gray, Richardson: Knapman, Buckingam Shrewbrook: Ashe, Pedrick, Ewings, Thompson and Rogers. Richard Gray was a part-time pro at Argyle and was released at the end of 1960-61 when Vic Buckingham got rid of every part-time pro. Colin Buckingham was also at Argyle and played 16 times for the first team, making his debut towards the end of the 1962-63 season. I think he then went to Exeter or Weymouth (or both). I am pretty sure that Norman Ashe played a handful of games for Villa and a few for Rotherham or Rochdale (always got them confused!) too.

Hi Memory Man,

Do you happen to have a photo of Richard Gray? I am just wondering if he was my PE teacher at school. Would have been around 1983-1986 ish.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
memory man":1vsbr6x4 said:
Quintrell_Green":1vsbr6x4 said:
Argyleloyal87":1vsbr6x4 said:

Thanks for the full team names. The name Knapman rings a bell with me. He might never have been offered/ signed a full contract, but I feel he may have been an apprentice at Argyle?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Quintrell_Green":2eywgk58 said:
memory man":2eywgk58 said:
Quintrell_Green":2eywgk58 said:
Argyleloyal87":2eywgk58 said:

Thanks for the full team names. The name Knapman rings a bell with me. He might never have been offered/ signed a full contract, but I feel he may have been an apprentice at Argyle?
Either Dave or Graham Knapman sticks in my head as one of the decent players who never made it to the first team. Historically I still think the best player I saw who never made it to the first team was a chap called Dudley Barry. When I put that to him he was too modest to comment but he did point out that as a reserve in those days he played at Highbury, White Hart Lane, Upton Park, Filbert Street and Craven Cottage.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Whilst we are touching on Argyle's old boys at Truro City, I note Tyler Harvey was selected on the sub's bench yesterday. I think he managed to 'get on' in the second half.

Dave Knapman was indeed an Argyle apprentice in the late 60's. I played against him in a school match and had an interest in his progress afterwards as I think he was the only Argyle player I ever played against!

Feb 28, 2016
Quintrell_Green":1mwk6l55 said:
Whilst we are touching on Argyle's old boys at Truro City, I note Tyler Harvey was selected on the sub's bench yesterday. I think he managed to 'get on' in the second half.

And scored!