Jack Stephens | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jack Stephens

C

Cult Of Personality

Quintrell_Green":pdwrd2qx said:
I thought he played well for the majority of the game, but somehow went missing when that cross came over for the Swede to head the winning goal. On the run of play Soton. deserved to win, but that is football.

All about concentration in a young player. He switched off for a couple of seconds and boom Zlatan scores the winner. He will learn you cant do that around world class strikers.

Apr 30, 2015
He did indeed play pretty well. A slightly better directed header (it was by no means a poor effort) could well have seen him score the winner too! I
I did notice him tweak the nipple of football fate at 2-2 though. He appeared to sarcastically "commiserate" with Zlatan when something he tried didn't work out. Tapped him on the chest and had a word or two. Ibrahimovic ignored Jack but pointed out what he had done to the ref, who it looked like had already seen it and duly had a word with Stephens. Zlatan had the last laugh, as I feared (from a neutralish, but Saints leaning perspective) he would - the bloke is 100% a winner.
I could see Jack Stephens making a very big money move one day. In a very big match today he didn't look out of place at all.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The form of Southampton's Jack Stephens will influence the club's decision over Virgil Van Dyke this summer. The young defender has impressed in Van Dyke's absence through injury. Southampton will be keen to hold on to the Dutchman despite interest from Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal but in Stephens they look to have a ready made replacement.
Opinion of Sami Mokbel, a regular Daily Mail reporter after yesterday's game with Chelsea.

If Jack has a 'big money' move would Argyle benefit, having brought him through their Academy?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Under EPPP rules, Argyle would have received payments of up to £150,000 for each ten first team appearances that he makes whilst with a PL club (up to a maximum of £1.3m) whether he stays at Southampton or not. I say "would" because EPPP came in six months after he moved to Saints. The detail that was in the deal would have been negotiable at that time rather than mandatory as it is now.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Guilfoyle's final administration report stated we sold Stephens for £150,000 with a 10% sell on clause.

Southampton have a reputation of developing players before selling them for big transfer fees. Fingers crossed we might get at least £1 million at some point in the future.