Jason banton contract. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jason banton contract.

Aug 10, 2014
Obviously we know he's signed for Wycombe but from hearing what adams is all about he would've fitted right into his plans I think. Why was sheridan allowed to make decisions on players futures when his was clearly in doubt?

May 22, 2006
Because football clubs are required to submit a retained list within a few days of their final match. It's possible that Sheridan passed that decision over to the club, but someone had to make that decision.

Oct 24, 2014
he was not offered a new contract because he made it very clear he was not going to sign one,he wanted to be closer to london, end of!!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I don't think he would have fit in with Adams' plans either, Adams sounds like a worker as does Brewster and I imagine they're going to expect their team to do the same.

Banton although talented, doesn't strike me as a worker, more a coaster going through the motions and earning contracts on his natural flair rather than his work rate. Of course you need flair players like him in a team but I'd argue that he wouldn't have been a perfect fit with Adams' way of working and they may have clashed eventually.

Nov 18, 2011
I bet he was one of our highest earners and I doubt he would have taken a pay cut so because of this the club maybe decided not to offer him a new contract considering his last 18 months haven't been stellar.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
If he wasn't prepared to stay then there is no case to answer. If his attitude and work rate are spot on at Wycombe, they will have some player. Ainsworth is likely to get the best out of him- it is just a shame that Adams didn't get the same opportunity.
We all wait with interest to see who Adams is going to bring into the midfield- at the moment we have Cox and Wylde, and that's it, in terms of senior football experience.

Jun 8, 2014
He was on a massive contract and had about 3 good games all season. Good luck to him but he was a gonner anyway, wanted to move back up to London.

May 11, 2014
Ivybridge
I can see him doing well at Wycombe, I think Gary Ainsworth is the sort of manager that will get the best out of him... But I don't think argyle should have kept him, he obviously wasn't that happy here and needed a fresh start.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
IvyGreen1886":3uxalodg said:
I can see him doing well at Wycombe, I think Gary Ainsworth is the sort of manager that will get the best out of him... But I don't think argyle should have kept him, he obviously wasn't that happy here and needed a fresh start.

Trouble is - he has had so many fresh starts. Each time he does well for a while then drifts.