Sell on Clause - Bolasie | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sell on Clause - Bolasie

Aug 22, 2006
Ollieargyle9":1bozg9ww said:
PL2 3DQ":1bozg9ww said:
Yes, we sold Bolasie for £20,000, there was no sell-on clause. While we were desperate for money at that particular time the words "upon advice from Hart Sports" will haunt us for a few more years yet.

Let's not forget that for us Bolasie was a skinny, young, unpredictable and unreliable player who had pace but was still learning the game.

I never understood why people didn't rate him at the time, yes he had a lot to learn with regards to his end product but bleddy hell the lad had talent. He was a real flair player (to the point where it didn't look like even he knew where his legs were going to take him). He was that extra bit of excitement that we really needed during those dark days and have since failed to replace.

I was actually in attendance for one of his first games at Bristol City where he appeared as a sub; the best line I remember hearing in the crowd that day was: "isn't this the guy who was brought in as a mate for Adomah", the short-shortsightedness of the humble football fan eh? :facepalm:

Sell on clause? :funny:
There's another thread about this and Lundan Cabbie takes us apart and then rubs it in (as we were in admin at the time) whilst mentioning a fee for the overrated Victor Moses (2.5 mill) and 1.2 mill for Fonte when they were indeed in admin (please Lundan butt in here with the full story..of course there was a happier ending for palace.) We had no bargaining power apparently and Ridsdale did the best he could (bless him.) In terms of transfer fees we are a disgrace. I don't care about admin... why wasn't bolasie under a better contract beforehand so we had more room to take advantage or even actually come up with a fair deal? For about the 15th time this season I was watching Bolasie and absolutely in awe of him anyway for the match against Liverpool I had about 4 or 5 mates with me and when I mentioned about the 20k fee they absolutely pi*sed themselves... so much so they fell on the floor in laughter, one guy cut his chin...lol! That must go down as the worst fee ever... I mean even the likes of Portsmouth, Southampton, Wigan, Bristol City, Crystal Palace, i'm sure when they were absolutely failing they sold players for shed loads more.... somewhow.... I still don't get Portsmouth? How did they survive? There's a lot of unexplained poo going on especially with some of our ex star players.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Jose Fonte had already left Palace, a couple of months before the club went into administration.

Simon Jordan had supposedly turned down larger offers for Moses but it was Brendan Guilfoyle who sold him to Wigan and used the money to fund the administration. Guilfoyle did negotiate sell on clauses for Palace though and they later benefited when he signed for Chelsea. The point I was making elsewhere on here though was that when Brenda was at Argyle, he was fully aware that such deals could be attached to the transfer of Bolasie to Bristol City. I doubt no such clauses were omitted for any other reason that he was not in a position to bargain with BC.

As has already been pointed out though, any sell on clauses relating to Bolasie now belong to Bristol City anyway.

Dec 2, 2005
London
MAZZA26":rg9kuisb said:
Sell on clause? :funny:
There's another thread about this and Lundan Cabbie takes us apart and then rubs it in (as we were in admin at the time) whilst mentioning a fee for the overrated Victor Moses (2.5 mill) and 1.2 mill for Fonte when they were indeed in admin (please Lundan butt in here with the full story..of course there was a happier ending for palace.) We had no bargaining power apparently and Ridsdale did the best he could (bless him.) In terms of transfer fees we are a disgrace. I don't care about admin... why wasn't bolasie under a better contract beforehand so we had more room to take advantage or even actually come up with a fair deal? For about the 15th time this season I was watching Bolasie and absolutely in awe of him anyway for the match against Liverpool I had about 4 or 5 mates with me and when I mentioned about the 20k fee they absolutely pi*sed themselves... so much so they fell on the floor in laughter, one guy cut his chin...lol! That must go down as the worst fee ever... I mean even the likes of Portsmouth, Southampton, Wigan, Bristol City, Crystal Palace, i'm sure when they were absolutely failing they sold players for shed loads more.... somewhow.... I still don't get Portsmouth? How did they survive? There's a lot of unexplained sh1te going on especially with some of our ex star players.

Bolasie left 3 months into admin. IIRC he could have walked for nothing as we hadn't paid him, or anyone else, for so long. Bristol paid a nominal fee out of guilt. In that context £20k was a pretty good.

There's a lot of blame to be laid at the doors of Risdale and Guilfoyle but the way Bolasie left shouldn't be part of it.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
There are rumours in Palace circles this morning that part of the deal to sell Dwight Gayle to Bristol City includes City dropping their sell on interest in Yannick Bolasie.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Gayle doesn't want to drop into the Championship apparently.

D

Damon.Lenszner

Green Rhino":36mi7uud said:
LostPilgrim":36mi7uud said:
There's a lot of blame to be laid at the doors of Ridsdale and Guilfoyle but the way Bolasie left shoiuldn't be part of it.

Yes, re Guilfoyle but without Ridsdale we wouldn't exist.

Ridsdale did the job but he is far from being the only man that could have done the job.