Hourihane!!!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Hourihane!!!!

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Old Gunner":2r2c0bmo said:
I must confess that I do struggle with the negative comments about Hourihane--they are clearly nonsensical. Chances are he will be playing in the Championship sometime in the next couple of years and yet there are still those (presumably living in some sort of parallel universe where black is white and up is down) who genuinely and passionately believe he was not good enough for Argyle.

I see the useless, sideways passing waste of space scored------again.

Jan 7, 2013
Just seen his goal on sky, what a peach, even better than last week's! I do hope we have a sell on clause because I can see a championship team coming in for him in January if he continues like this.. absolutely STUNNING goal!

Apr 15, 2008
London
Paven":1hd64agn said:
Laughable. Genuinely laughable.

That's our Steve... genuinely laughable.

Conor was the best player we've had since the championship days. You can tell he is flourishing now he's playing with better players

B

Ben Gifford

All we can hope for now is that he carries on this early form and has an absolute blinder of a season at Barnsley, and a Championship/Premier League club decide to take a punt on him. Let's hope Barnsley hold out for a good deal!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
And . . . . . . . .

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I would be more impressed if the apparent limited amount of praise available were heaped on the current squad.

Sep 15, 2012
That is Perhaps no members of our current squad are good enougth
to be nominated for player of the month.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Surprised Reid wasn't nom'd at least for player of the month, but I do think it's rare that these nominations are awarded from people attending games. O'toole seemed to be nominated a lot at Rovers, despite feedback from their fans that he was generally underperforming. He did however score goals. Thats all they really consider with these nominations, goals > actual performances - which player is popping up on the feed below Stelling on Super Saturday.

Though from the sound of it, it wouldn't be unjust for Conor to win it. I don't think he got a single nomination last season with us though, despite performing brilliantly throughout the season. The validity of the award in general is weak imo, like most awards really (avatar and the Oscars for example...), but Hourihane is a terrific player and it's nice that he's being recognised for that.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Qoo3939L":37bdsc2r said:
That is Perhaps no members of our current squad are good enougth
to be nominated for player of the month.

After the Exeter game the Football League named Tyler Harvey in the Team of the Week which included players from the Championship, L1 and L2.
This news disappeared under the radar, it wasn't a monthly accolade but still decent recognition. The club didn't even mention it.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
spowell92":283ptizd said:
Surprised Reid wasn't nom'd at least for player of the month, but I do think it's rare that these nominations are awarded from people attending games. O'toole seemed to be nominated a lot at Rovers, despite feedback from their fans that he was generally underperforming. He did however score goals. Thats all they really consider with these nominations, goals > actual performances - which player is popping up on the feed below Stelling on Super Saturday.

Though from the sound of it, it wouldn't be unjust for Conor to win it. I don't think he got a single nomination last season with us though, despite performing brilliantly throughout the season. The validity of the award in general is weak imo, like most awards really (avatar and the Oscars for example...), but Hourihane is a terrific player and it's nice that he's being recognised for that.

I don't buy into the footballer thing that the most valuable award is the the one voted by fellow footballers. It might work in the Premier League where all games get decent coverage but players in the lower leagues will be voting for fellow professionals who they have probably only seen/played against twice in a year.

The most valuable should be each players club's Player of the Year award where those voting will have seen most performances.