Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   IJN Payments
Start of League One Season:

It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:52 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Jim McAnearney RIP
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:14 am 

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:22 pm
My 1st game was 66-67 so didn't see Jim play, but clearly remember my Uncle Will (8th Army 'desert rat' - but that's another story!) recounting all the great Argyle teams and players he had seen and mentioned Jim McA as a 'lovely player'. Maybe in the new grandstand we can have a real hall of fame and give due reverance to the players of our past?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Jim McAnearney RIP
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:01 am 

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:09 pm
harbourgreen wrote:
My 1st game was 66-67 so didn't see Jim play, but clearly remember my Uncle Will (8th Army 'desert rat' - but that's another story!) recounting all the great Argyle teams and players he had seen and mentioned Jim McA as a 'lovely player'. Maybe in the new grandstand we can have a real hall of fame and give due reverance to the players of our past?
There are people interested in doing that and more "harbourgreen". There are a few supporters with unbelievable memorabilia collections who are willing to donate items to a proper Argyle museum. There are also a number of supporters who would be able to bring that history to life with talks and tours of any exhibition. Unfortunately I probably won't now see First Division (PL) football at HP but a decent museum would be a good consolation prize.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Online
 Post subject: Re: Jim McAnearney RIP
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:36 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 17/18
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:26 pm
memory man wrote:
harbourgreen wrote:
My 1st game was 66-67 so didn't see Jim play, but clearly remember my Uncle Will (8th Army 'desert rat' - but that's another story!) recounting all the great Argyle teams and players he had seen and mentioned Jim McA as a 'lovely player'. Maybe in the new grandstand we can have a real hall of fame and give due reverance to the players of our past?
There are people interested in doing that and more "harbourgreen". There are a few supporters with unbelievable memorabilia collections who are willing to donate items to a proper Argyle museum. There are also a number of supporters who would be able to bring that history to life with talks and tours of any exhibition. Unfortunately I probably won't now see First Division (PL) football at HP but a decent museum would be a good consolation prize.


Blimey your not that old are you.

_________________
Plymouth born Janner
Member of all things Argyle since 1948


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Jim McAnearney RIP
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 pm 

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:09 pm
dunlop wrote:
memory man wrote:
harbourgreen wrote:
My 1st game was 66-67 so didn't see Jim play, but clearly remember my Uncle Will (8th Army 'desert rat' - but that's another story!) recounting all the great Argyle teams and players he had seen and mentioned Jim McA as a 'lovely player'. Maybe in the new grandstand we can have a real hall of fame and give due reverance to the players of our past?
There are people interested in doing that and more "harbourgreen". There are a few supporters with unbelievable memorabilia collections who are willing to donate items to a proper Argyle museum. There are also a number of supporters who would be able to bring that history to life with talks and tours of any exhibition. Unfortunately I probably won't now see First Division (PL) football at HP but a decent museum would be a good consolation prize.


Blimey your not that old are you.
Approaching 70 and a realist!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Specialist Vehicles




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.