✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
A quote from Derek in an interview published on BBC Scotland's website this morning. Personally I would have said higher League 1 and Championship teams would have been the standard.

BBC

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It's almost impossible to tell. The SPL is such a lopsided wide ranging league. On one hand you've got players who could easily play top ten football in the English Premier League, while on the other hand you've got players who couldn't get into a league 2 side. For example you've got players like Jamie Reckord going up against players like Sinclair and Dembele. The reason is that there simply aren't enough teams/people in Scotland to have a competitive balanced league system so every club and player are just bundled into one, I imagine this is the case in a lot of small countries.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":1fd8x7um said:
This interview was from last year.

Leon Horn":1fd8x7um said:
Dated 2016.

Well spotted guys.

Happy birthday Derek.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Imagine Argyle were drawn against say Ross County or Motherwell or someone home & away in a competitive tie. I'd say that was a pretty balanced match.

Scotland is identical to other European countries with a similar population, like Sweden, Denmark, where a couple of teams always dominate. I would hate to be watching a league so uncompetitive, and would even prefer our league two for excitement over the Scottish premier.