🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
What is it, Argyle10 says
Good news for them is that Argyle are back in the Central Reserve league, so they won't be relying on the South western league games to bridge the gap between the 1st team

Who is in this league, will it be better quality than SWPL.

I assume this will be announced on the OS..... soon, drectly.

Jun 10, 2017
It is a league made up of professional clubs, Exeter, Portsmouth, Luton, Oxford to name a few,, So yes it will be better than the SWPL,, the games will be played on a Wednesday and they will be played at Home Park, I think this is a positive move by the club and will be better for our fringe and 1st year players, aswell as the players coming back from injury

Jul 29, 2010
This is a recurring old chestnut this one. Clearly we benefit from being in this league, playing local adult sides is a good back up but for youth development it doesn't aid skill development so well.

The problem has always been money, other clubs don't like travelling to us and previously to gain entrance we've needed to cover their travel costs. We come in for a bit, they get the arse with the travelling and we either get voted off because of that or because we can't afford/justify paying their costs.

In one way therefore this is a good sign, I reckon we may have used some of the windfall for last season to invest in this good development opportunity for the fringe players/kids.

On t'other hand it rankles having to give money to other clubs just to play us.

I know not why the sudden change, how we're now admitted to this league again, but from a historic POV that would seem why.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I haven't come across any concrete information about Argyle being admitted into the Reserve League and I did a fair bit of research on all the Argyle teams as I needed too in order to create the Fixture Calendars.

Having said that, I would love it, absolutely love it (Kevin Keegan style) if Argyle did play their Reserve games at Home Park. I, for one, can't always afford to go to the Argyle 1st Teams games so I relish the opportunity to watch some reserve games if they were at a lower cost/free.

Feb 28, 2016
I'm also of the understanding we are joining it. Its run by the Football League (although I believe they do let former FL play in it as well.) Surely we have every right as full members, to join any competition of theirs on the same terms as everyone else?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Adam":11pbkicj said:
I haven't come across any concrete information about Argyle being admitted into the Reserve League and I did a fair bit of research on all the Argyle teams as I needed too in order to create the Fixture Calendars.

Having said that, I would love it, absolutely love it (Kevin Keegan style) if Argyle did play their Reserve games at Home Park. I, for one, can't always afford to go to the Argyle 1st Teams games so I relish the opportunity to watch some reserve games if they were at a lower cost/free.
Same here. Travelling to Newton Abbott has certainly put me off going to watch the youngsters.

Feb 28, 2016
Keepitgreen":1lvi9cyu said:
Adam":1lvi9cyu said:

Same here. Travelling to Newton Abbott has certainly put me off going to watch the youngsters.

I would imagine for this we would use HP or Harpers Park. We used to use HP for Final Third Development games a couple seasons ago which I believe is this same competition. Difficult for them to play SWPL games at Home Park, its a full season worth of weekend fixtures and in the SWPL Prem you need floodlights, (this is only about half a dozen or so home games I think and unless it has changed from the Final Third era will be played in the day time) so playing SWPL games at HP would be an heavy burden to place on the main Home Park pitch, fixture clashes would need to be avoided and reorganised between two different governing bodies.

The set up at coach road is certainly good for supporters, has good public transport links, good parking and from a spectators point of view we are made to feel very welcome: fully stocked, reasonably priced bar, there is always hot and cold food on sale, all the staff are really friendly. I've never been in the changing rooms but the building looks modern and Ive certainly never heard any complaints from any players (ours or the opposition regarding their facilities.) I get it is not ideal but I think we have made the very best of the situation.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Adam":3fyr1pg6 said:

If they were played at HP, I would pay to watch them for the right price, sure.

May 9, 2017
Adam said:

Having said that, I would love it, absolutely love it (Kevin Keegan style) if Argyle did play their Reserve games at Home Park. I, for one, can't always afford to go to the Argyle 1st Teams games so I relish the opportunity to watch some reserve games if they were at a lower cost/free.well must say your research is pretty poor ,lol .as this is happening , its concrete as you say ... :thumbs:

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
viking":3u0i6a23 said:
Adam":3u0i6a23 said:

Having said that, I would love it, absolutely love it (Kevin Keegan style) if Argyle did play their Reserve games at Home Park. I, for one, can't always afford to go to the Argyle 1st Teams games so I relish the opportunity to watch some reserve games if they were at a lower cost/free.well must say your research is pretty poor ,lol .as this is happening , its concrete as you say ... :thumbs:

I'm glad it is! Especially if they do play at Home Park.

However that does mean I need to make another Calendar for those fixtures too :doh:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Don't know exactly how it works, but we'll play Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham Town, Forest Green Rovers and Swindon Town home and away, and then play the South East sides (AFC Bournemouth, AFC Wimbledon, Leyton Orient, Milton Keynes, Southend United) once, either home or away