Ryan Edwards (Signed - confirmed) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Edwards (Signed - confirmed)

G

greengiant1886

Won their Player's Player of the Year and Supporter's Player of the Year. Only 23 so could be a good signing.

Jul 29, 2010
More credible than many on the rumours board.

Not only the provenance of the OP but that sort of place is where Derek shops and that sort of age and (relative) obscurity is the sort of player he buys.

Feb 8, 2005
Thank you, SS, something a bit more positive than the rest of the so called rumours on this board, whether it happens or not!

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Out of contract, but been offered one by Morecambe. Is 23 and has been there 3 years, not sure if compensation would be involved. I'm going to make a wild guess and say no.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lobster":5wkgaqdx said:
Out of contract, but been offered one by Morecambe. Is 23 and has been there 3 years, not sure if compensation would be involved. I'm going to make a wild guess and say no.
He's Under 24 and has been offered a contract so there would be compensation. (Assuming his contract matches or betters the previous one). It won't be much though.

Jul 29, 2010
I suspect Oxford thought much the same last summer.

Wouldn't want to be going to a tribunal with anyone, come to an arrangement with the parent club or move on to another target

When you've been able to secure a promotion on just 15K of transfer fee expenditure, you don't need to risk being saddled with a six figure bill having thrown yourself at the whim of a tribunal panel.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
X Isle":2ltqf2f4 said:
I suspect Oxford thought much the same last summer.

Wouldn't want to be going to a tribunal with anyone, come to an arrangement with the parent club or move on to another target

When you've been able to secure a promotion on just 15K of transfer fee expenditure, you don't need to risk being saddled with a six figure bill having thrown yourself at the whim of a tribunal panel.
Or just wait until October when he's 24 and sign him for free.

But either way, Oxford should have known Curtis Nelson would reach a fee like that. Edwards doesn't have for Morecambe what Nelson had here and I think a tribunal would set the fee at 50k if it did go to one.

Jul 29, 2010
Option one would see us with a player who was 3-4 months behind in terms of fitness and match preparedness.

Option two would still be 200%+ our entire transfer outlay this decade.

I am not suggesting we don't have more money to spend than we have had previously, I am not suggesting we must keep transfer expenditure to 15K a season for time immemorial.

However, we have a board and a manager who make the very best use of resources and can get the proverbial quart from a pint pot. £50k could probably go a lot further somewhere else.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
True, although I'm not certain about the 15k being all we've spent in recent seasons. We were told it was the first fee the board had paid for a player, but then a few seasons ago we were told we signed O'Connor and Cowan-Hall for a fee. There probably are better players around available for free though so this might not be the best option correct.

If we did wait until October though, as far as I'm aware, he could always be 'on trial' and be playing in the Peninsular league, though not an ideal situation.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
As in North of Brizzle?