Potential Shopping List | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Potential Shopping List

Apr 30, 2017
Taylor and Blissett are great options but we need to improve up front. We cannot afford to go into next season with our existing group of strikers.There doesn't seem to be any belief in Derek that youth are the so Fletcher is unlikely to be a factor in next seasons side. Granted JJ can play up there but I feel he is much more suited to the wing rather than down the middle. Another target man option and a fox in the box kind of striker.

Shopping List: minimum of two strikers.

If Carey stays, great, but he needs more help from his midfield teammates. It is great that he is involved in most of our goals, but what happens when he misses a game or has an off day, do we have anyone on the team that can step up in the same way? Not really. We need more goals and assists from our midfielders. As it stands we are too reliant on Carey, we need others to step up more often. If he leaves [which I think he will], then we need to make sure that our midfield is well balanced and everyone can continue chip in with goals and assists, since it is unlikely we will get a like-for-like replacement for Carey.

We ideally need to look for another David Fox. Someone that can hold the midfield, break up opposition attacks, set up our own attacks, and essentially dictate play. I don't think we have that player on our team and we need to find someone to fill that role. The fashionable term these days is we need a Kante like player, possibly Hiram Boateng. It would be nice if we could find someone of that calibre, but essentially what we need is to find someone to play that role.

We are in desperate need of wide players. We only have one winger on our books and that's Jervis. On the left we definitely need at least one. Personally I'd have another out and out left footed winger and then one who can play on either side with equal abilities on either side. 

Shopping List: 1x creative midfield, 1x defensive play making midfield, 2× wingers

Obviously the defence needs to be improved. Sokolik and Bradley are quality options, but we need players to push them and give Derek dillemas. I don't believe Songo'o is a league 1calibre centre backs, even in L2 I didnt feel comfortable with him starting. We need to look at improving our CBs - Bentley and Rose are options but id look for another one with a turn of pace to compliment Sokolik, Bradley and Songo'o.

I think our right backs are pretty much ok at L1 level - but only just. Miller has come in and done a workmanlike at best performance and Threlkeld is only getting better. The same can't be said about our left backs. Sawyer is steady eddy but at the very least we need to add someone to push him or ideally succeed him so he can be the backup. I love Sawyer, but he's a useful squad member, but we need somene capable of pushing or succeeding Sawyer. 

Shopping List: 1x CB, 1xLB

Our goalkeeping situation is fine. DA prefers to have 3 goalkeepers rather than just 2 and relying on short term loans. With that said, if no one leaves we don't need to address this position massively.

Shopping List: 1x Goalkeeper

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
lots of clubs in division one are shopping like mad...just saying like.......

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
oddball":1xcm6387 said:
Really? Most players' existing contracts haven't even expired yet. The current domestic season only finishes this weekend. Far too early to have any concerns about lack of signings. There will be plenty of activity behind the scenes.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
jerryatricjanner":blncqudn said:
oddball":blncqudn said:
Really? Most players' existing contracts haven't even expired yet. The current domestic season only finishes this weekend. Far too early to have any concerns about lack of signings. There will be plenty of activity behind the scenes.
A lot of clubs seem to be doing business earlier than usual this season, but I don't think we're too far behind anyone yet in terms of preparations for next season. And as you say, there's probably plenty going on behind the scenes.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would imagine, knowing Derek, he started in late January.

Mar 5, 2012
Well now that excretia are staying in div 4, we should try to tempt wheeler and Watkins to the right part of Devon.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oddball":208zw9mo said:

They are probably picking up players that DA had already crossed off his list ;)

Just saying like.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
early birds catch the worms though and many league l clubs are busy building squads for next season.. exeter will still be in league 2 next season so maybe argyle might put in offers for wheeler and watkins ...that would show intent and ambition and increase season ticket sales

Nov 21, 2012
oddball":2aiw6mh5 said:
early birds catch the worms though and many league l clubs are busy building squads for next season.. exeter will still be in league 2 next season so maybe argyle might put in offers for wheeler and watkins ...that would show intent and ambition and increase season ticket sales
Watkins has been linked to Championship clubs for money we couldn't even dream of.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Argyle have got two million or thereabouts sitting in a bank account....we could afford him......