2: Doncaster - 85 - 31
3: Portsmouth - 84 - 34

Saturday 6 May, kick-off 5.30pm.
Grimsby v Argyle
Hartlepool v Doncaster
Portsmouth v Cheltenham

Sunday 30 April

Derek Adams on previously conceding the title to Doncaster:
"Of course I didn't believe that but I had to say it because it then put pressure on Doncaster.
"That's what you have got to do, and Doncaster have slipped away, but they have still got a chance of winning the title, as well as Portsmouth.

"Time will tell. We need to go to Grimsby and win – that's what we have got to do."
"It will be interesting to see who Sky choose for the match. We will wait and see."
"It's great that we are top of the table. It's in our own hands now and that's a fantastic position to be in." The Herald.

Doncaster manager Darren Ferguson says Argyle will win the title:
"I'm bitterly disappointed. Gutted."
"To have worked so hard to get to this point, top of the league for four months and in the penultimate game we've had the worst result of our season.
"At the moment it's very raw and we're very disappointed.

"To take one point from four games is bitterly disappointing at any stage of the season, but particularly this one. You don't get it back because there's not enough games left.
"It's an incredibly disappointed dressing room. We might never get in the position we've had to be champions of a league.
"That has gone now because Plymouth will win the league. Plymouth will not be as kind as we were today." Club Call

Portsmouth manager Paul Cook spoke after the win against Mansfield:
"Today we were a little bit fortunate to win the game and I am sure we will accept that.
"For me as manager, we have very good players at this club, I am very proud of them and I’m proud of the club, so to get 12 away wins is an achievement by the players.
"It’s a shame we haven’t got another away game!

"We’ve been looking for Doncaster and Plymouth’s results for that long another week won’t make any difference.
"Great credit to those teams above us – and we are delighted to be in with a chance of the title on the final day." The News

Latest betting to win the title - Sky Bet: Argyle 8/11, Doncaster 9/4, Portsmouth 7/2.

Sky confirm Hartlepool v Doncaster as the live game for TV.

Limited tickets for the Grimsby match are on sale on the club website, if there are any left they will be available at the ticket office on Tuesday. The ticket office is closed on Bank holiday Monday.

Portsmouth midfielder Carl Baker talks about winning the title:
“I was always confident we had a squad that could win promotion and wanted to be a part of that. It’s a great feeling and something I’m very proud of.

“It’s fantastic that the title is still alive going in the final day – we looked miles off it a few weeks back.
"We’ve just got to keep doing what we’ve done in the past few weeks and hope that Plymouth and Doncaster slip up.” Portsmouth club website.

Argyle have been top of League Two for 16 games and been in the top two since September, Doncaster have been top for 22 games and Portsmouth have never been in top spot and have only been in the top two for two games - both times were in September.

There is no prize money related to finishing position, all League Two clubs receive the same financial payments regardless of where they finish.
Teams receive a "basic award" of ÂŁ472,000 each plus a solidarity payment from the Premier League of ÂŁ430,000 each.

Monday 1 May

Grimsby manager Russell Slade will hold contract talks with his players after the game against Argyle:
"We want to deal with the Plymouth game properly because that's our last home game of the season and one against good opposition, as well. So we'll shelve the individual discussions until after that game.

"The picture will be very, very clear after then, but with me coming in so late in the season, I wanted to give myself the best possible opportunity to look at everyone and so I don't think we should dismiss it simply because it's the last game of the season." Grimsby Telegraph

Portsmouth manager Paul Cook would rather be in Argyle's position:
‘I’m looking forward to the week now, although I wish we were in Plymouth’s position where if we win we’d take the title. ‘We’re not, though, but we still have a chance. It’s going to take a lot for us to win the league, but you never know." The News

Hartlepool have reduced ticket prices to ÂŁ5 for home fans only for their game against Doncaster.

Doncaster captain Andy Butler is looking for a win against Hartlepool and hope Argyle slip up:
“We have to beat Hartlepool- that is the main objective now. Stranger things have happened, you only have to look at the season where Rovers got promoted at Brentford and how it can change instantly.

“We cannot influence Plymouth’s result, but they have become the hunted now and it will be a hard game for them at Grimsby.

"We want to win the league, with the pressure we have put on ourselves and the standard we have set.
"It has been an incredible season for us, we have been to places like Newport and battled on pitches like that and all around the league and faced different battles. We have been promoted at the first time of asking, when a lot of teams have struggled in this division and have not come back straight away and everyone has to take huge credit for getting back to League One.

“Everyone at the football club should be incredibly proud of themselves - the staff, the players and the fans.” Doncaster club website.

Sonny Bradley talks about the Grimsby game:
"In December/January time, I said we only wanted to win the title and that’s always been our attitude. We haven’t taken out foot off the gas and it’s on now. It’s in our hands; we have just got to make sure we do everything right this week and then go and get the win at Grimsby.

“Everyone will be fit and everyone will be looking forward to it. We’ll try to get the three points and get back down the M1 with the league title.”

“We’ve had a couple of setbacks, but we’ve always played with the attitude that we can go on and win it, and we have put ourselves in a great position now.

“One more shift to go, now. All the boys are fully fit and we’ll be leaving everything out on the pitch at Grimsby; if we do that, we will win the league title.” Argyle club website

Former Portsmouth keeper Alan Knight talks about winning the title:
"Wouldn’t it be something if we were to go to the top of the table for the first time on the final day! That would top things off fantastically if it was to be the case. Stranger things have happened here. It’s a long shot, and I don’t think we should look back and think ‘what if?’ if we do come up a point or two short.

Plymouth manage to keep going and that’s been a hallmark of their success. Two quick goals over the latter stages on Saturday gave them their win over Crewe. They have nicked a lot of wins late and that can’t be an accident.

"What will be, will be and our objective has been achieved. If we can top things off now with a trophy that would be quite something." The News

Tuesday 2 May

Doncaster manager Darren Ferguson apologises to the fan he had a verbal altercation with during Saturday's defeat against Exeter:
“You’ve got to be careful as a manager because obviously I don’t want to be arguing and frustrated with my fans.
“But I think also to shout at the players that they’re a disgrace, I think ‘come on’, I’ve got to protect my players and I wasn’t very happy with the comment.

“Whoever the gentleman was I apologise to him, but I think that’s a bit harsh saying the players are a disgrace." Doncaster Free Press

Argyle sell out their allocation of tickets for the Grimsby game.

Grimsby put out a statement to stop Argyle fans buying tickets in the home stands:
Due to the high volume of away fans attempting to book in home stands, we can only take bookings with those who've booked previously.
New telephone accounts will only be created for those living within a DN postcode

Derek Adams is not concerned the Grimsby game will not be screened live by Sky:
"I didn't think our game would be on. I thought it would be Doncaster against Hartlepool because there is one team that can win a championship and one team that can either be relegated or stay up." The Herald

Grimsby have launched a "Best Family Friendly Inflatable" competition for home fans for Saturday's match.

Sonny Bradley’s favourite referee Ross Joyce will take charge of the game against Grimsby. Joyce was the man in the middle when Argyle won 2-1 at Stevenage earlier this season where Bradley scored all three goals and also officiated in Argyle’s 2-1 win at Cheltenham in January where Bradley scored both goals.

Grimsby fans on their forum The Fishy want Argyle fans to have more tickets:
Give them more. They are a proper club with a decent fan base and if we were in their shoes we would want the opportunity to see our side potentially clinch the division. Can we really afford to turn down a couple of grand from the amount of money they will make in tickets and food and drink sales.
You're never going to please everyone, but surely season ticket holders from either the lower findus or the main stand can accept a seat in another area for this one game. It's not as if the game actually has any meaning to us. Even if they only sold a couple of hundred extra tickets, at 18 pound a pop, that's still nearly 4 grand extra in the coffers. But you'd imagine they'd probably sell at least double that extra, considering the supposed demand, which puts it closer to 10k. Surely that's worth the club making an exception for. It's the sort of game too, were they could sell lots of extra programmes, with plymouth fans probably wanting mementos from the day. Let's take as much advantage of their glory as we can.
If they really are bringing stacks down, the club should consider them green temporary seats for open corner.

This stand will be packed on Saturday...
3159376411_8ef03e7470.jpg

Argyle release a statement regarding tickets for Grimsby:
We are told that police will be using their powers to send back Argyle supporters who do not have tickets that travel on the day. If you do not have a ticket, please DO NOT travel to Grimsby for the match.

Wednesday 3 May

Chris Sarginson is named as the referee for a Portsmouth game for the fourth time this season.

Cheltenham have been given an extra 200 tickets for the game against Portsmouth after selling out the initial allocation of 500.

Grimsby v Argyle will be screened live in the Tribute Lounge at Home Park.
The cost will be ÂŁ10 which includes a pint and a pasty, there will be no commentary for the game.
Details here

Portsmouth City Council have scrapped the open top bus parade to celebrate Portsmouth winning promotion, instead an event with a stage will be held at Southsea common on Sunday afternoon.

Hartlepool have sold 5000 tickets for their crucial game against Doncaster. Tickets were reduced to ÂŁ5.

The EFL confirm the League Two championship trophy will be at Blundell Park and will be presented to Argyle if they win the title.
An alternative trophy presentation will be arranged at a suitable time should Doncaster or Portsmouth win the title.

The screening of the Argyle game in the Tribute Lounge at Home Park sold out of tickets within four hours of going on sale.

Thursday 4 May

Grimsby info:
Sat Nav DN35 7PY

Food on offer inside the ground include a range of Pukka Pies; Steak, Chicken Balti and Cheese and Onion (all ÂŁ3). Pukka Pasties (ÂŁ3), Jumbo Sausage Rolls (ÂŁ2.50), Cheeseburgers (ÂŁ3.50), Burgers (ÂŁ3.20) and Jumbo Hot Dogs (ÂŁ3.20).

Argyle fans are sure of a warm welcome in the dedicated bar in the away end which is run by the Mariners Trust.
Although an old the room it is full of character and is decked out in flags, scarves etc from a many different clubs who have been kind enough to donate them. Please feel free to add an Argyle scarf to the collection.

The Osmond Stand is allocated seating, please sit in the seat number stated on your ticket.

Darren Ferguson reflects on the last four games where since winning promotion Doncaster picked up just one point:
“Perhaps I’ve been a little too intense with them in the sense of us needing to win the league.
“Maybe that is something I can look at within myself. I always want to look at where I could have done better.

“It’s in my nature to be relentless in the sense of ‘promotion has been won, we need to win it.’ It’s something I maybe need to look at there.
"I look at the approach I wanted to take into the last few games and thought hard about the title after we won promotion against Mansfield.
"It was how I do believe it should be done, ‘look, that’s gone, let’s go and win the league.’ “I was very demanding of that. “Then again, I maybe should have assessed that. Maybe looked at it and thought about it a bit longer. “I just expected the players to go with it. “I’ve got to remember they’re human beings and sometimes they cannot cope with the intensity.” Doncaster Free Press.

Gary Sawyer looks ahead to the Grimsby game:
"The fans always travel away, but this one has obviously got a little added extra.

"It is a long way. It's a shame it's not a close one for everyone, but if we can just get that result we can make them all go home happy."
"It has been 100 miles an hour from start to finish, which happens if you are going to get promoted I think.

"It would be massive for the boys to be able to get on the coach, knowing there is not any more games left, and you have got a trophy. That's what we want all." The Herald

Derek Adams talks about the Grimsby game:
"We would like to win the game and if we win the game we are champions. We know what we have to do. We’ve done exceptionally well, but we have one more 90 minutes to go to make it a terrific season. We just want to finish it off.

"We don’t need to look to anyone else now. There is a likelihood that Doncaster and Portsmouth will both win their games. We will have to win at Grimsby. If we win, we take care of ourselves.
"We have a lot to play for on Saturday, with a lot of travelling supporters coming with us. We want to finish as champions now." Argyle club website

Doncaster midfielder James Coppinger is still hopeful of winning the title:
“It’s not ideal after being in control for so long but we’ll look forward to the game and see what happens.
“Everyone has got an opportunity to write themselves into the club’s history, those opportunities don’t come around too often so it’s important we grab it with both hands.

“There has to be some perspective, we’ve had an amazing season and if we were to go there and clinch the title it would be the icing on the cake.” Doncaster club website

The Grimsby v Argyle match day programme is available for download at ÂŁ1.50 here

Grimsby team news.... The Mariners could be without Zak Mills and James Berrett for the final fixture of the season after they missed the game at Barnet with hamstring injuries, whilst Akwasi Asante will certainly be out after the news that he will miss the start of pre-season after undergoing ankle injury. Gavin Gunning will also serve the final game of his three match suspension.

Grimsby manager Russell Slade looks ahead to the game:
''This is a huge game Saturday, particularly for Plymouth. There's a lot at stake for them in many ways, its gonna be a packed crowd so we're gonna look forward to it so its gonna be a challenge and its one we 've gotta try and embrace and make the best of it because they're not gonna be turning up in their flip flops, and there's still players fighting for a contract here.'' Grimsby club website

Friday 5 May

Portsmouth manager Paul Cook talks about the Cheltenham game and the chance of winning the title:
"It should be a celebratory day and we have to win our match. Will both the other teams slip up? Who knows.

“Football’s a funny game and there’s a script written for someone. I genuinely believe that could be us.
"But whatever happens, when we look back on the campaign after the final fixture, I think we can all have a positive mindset.

“We made our number one target quite clear at the start of the season and being knocked out of the cups early was probably a benefit.
"The squad’s in great shape and everyone’s hungry to play on Saturday, so it’s hard to pick a team. I can only pick 11 and those I choose can only do their best.” Portsmouth club website

Hartlepool have now sold over 6,500 tickets for their game against Doncaster, who themselves have sold 1,000.

Argyle fans are set to beat Doncaster's recent attendance of 1,867 away fans at Blundell Park. Donny beat their rivals Grimsby 5-1 last month.

Portsmouth's Paul Cook has been named League Two manager of the month for April.

Doncaster manager Darren Ferguson is looking for an early goal against Hartlepool to put pressure on Argyle:
"We need to go ahead early and try and build pressure, I’m sure all three teams will be top at different stages so we have to be ready for that.
"I want my players to do themselves justice and show how good a team we are, if they do that then we’ll get the right result and see where that takes us.

“My main message is to just finish the season with a win, if we end up with 88 points then that is a fantastic total – all we can do is put pressure on Plymouth.” Doncaster club website