The Argyle Family | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Argyle Family

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
There is an 'On this Day' function on Facebook and a lot of the memories popping up from 6 years ago on my profile are not pleasant. I have taken time to read through the 'Our Story So Far' thread on PASOTI and it brought back how close we were to folding.

From Heaney to Buttivant, BIL to PandA, we stood strong and the last 2 seasons have been our reward. There were fans who held vigils, letters delivered in Japan and everything in between.

I have had the pleasure over the last few years to start attending Argyle regularly again as my Grandad passed away 10 years ago who took me to every game and it did not feel the same without him. I know, now, how proud he will be of me keeping the Green flag flying high for him. I thank Miles Bidgood, a family friend, for getting me back into it, although with not much persuasion. Putting numerous names to faces, including Ian Newell, Chris Webb to Rick and Dave, Frank Harper, Gary McGuire, the late Steve Pirie and Warren Bowden, thank you all and those who I have not mentioned - it's been the best 3 years since my Grandad was alive.

I can now say again, with pride, I'm fully back with the Argyle Family, although I was never really gone!

We're on our way... :scarf: :scarf:

Jan 3, 2013
That's very kind Leon, good for you, you irritating lazy fellow .......
Only joking, I'll miss you now I don't attend fanfests anymore

Sep 20, 2003
I'll let you buy me a beer on Saturday.

In fact it's my money anyway as you get paid out of my council tax.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
Leigh Rapson":39cusfxp said:
Leon, buy him a pint because of his theory about council tax is correct then it will be the first time Woz has brought a beer in a bout ten years.

Leigh, that is amazing!! :greensmile: :greensmile: :lol: :lol:

Sep 20, 2003
Leigh Rapson":2b75iln2 said:
Leon, buy him a pint because of his theory about council tax is correct then it will be the first time Woz has brought a beer in a bout ten years.

10 years?