Parachute Payments

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
With Newcastle going straight back up, there must be 2 years of Parachute payments to be divided up between the 3 leagues. Does anyone know if Argyle will get a League One Share of this or a League 2 Share. I think the difference is probably significant, although most ends up in the championship.

Jun 2, 2016
Where did you see that the Premier League would continue paying this to any team that was promoted back up? Let alone paying it to other leagues ? I couldn't find anything along those lines...

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
mervyn":3alv7m73 said:
Not intending to hijack the post, but on the subject of efl payments do the top placed clubs in league 2 receive any financial reward from the league, and if so do we receive more as champions than second place?

No, there's no financial reward for getting promoted, all clubs in L2 receive the same payments from the EFL regardless of finishing position.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's quite amazing really. In this football/business day and age you'd think that there would be a higher reward the higher you are up the league.

Strange.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Yup i couldn't see any financial advantage of finishing 1-24.

Finishing Top 3 and being in L1 next year does look like we will now receive £360k of the EPL broadcasting revenue rather than £240k for clubs in L2.

Not sure on parachute payments. I know they changed the rules on eligibility (i.e. if you go up and straight back down you do not get the same payments as those who survive the first season). But as for how it gets distributed for teams who do down and straight back up, i do not know.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
the_corkscrew":6r3fiajp said:
Where did you see that the Premier League would continue paying this to any team that was promoted back up? Let alone paying it to other leagues ? I couldn't find anything along those lines...

I am sure its something that was discussed on this forum a few years ago, I will check and update if appropriate.

Indeed it seems the PL keep it all, so no advantage down the leagues :thumbdown:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/e ... ts-5756658