Matty Kennedy | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Matty Kennedy

Jan 27, 2012
I have been very impressed with Kennedy so far. Together with Graham Carey, he looks like one of the few quality players in the team capable of unlocking defences.

He is a player that would be very useful to have in League One. However, do you think there is any chance of Argyle either signing him permanently or at least getting him back on loan next season ?

I'm afraid that he could be well outside our budget.

Mar 14, 2009
He started off so well. Exeter, Leyton Orient and Hartlepool he contributed.

Yet until Newport, the few weeks & games before I felt Slew deserved to have his place back in the side.

He seemed lost against Blackpool for example. Unwilling to take Mellor on. Always wanting to cut back inside. Similar story against Morecambe. Doncaster he was pretty poor and didn't really help Sawyer out much defensively.

You can see he likes to go either way on the wing. You can see he likes to roam about the pitch and have a free role. They lad has a good shot on him and some silky skills. I just question where that player disappeared to for the last 3-5 games before the Newport performance.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You never know, Colin might let us have him for the whole of next season. It would be great for him and us.

May 16, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":lj71zrrc said:

Yet until Newport, the few weeks & games before I felt Slew deserved to have his place back in the side.

He seemed lost against Blackpool for example. Unwilling to take Mellor on. Always wanting to cut back inside. Similar story against Morecambe. Doncaster he was pretty poor and didn't really help Sawyer out much defensively.

You can see he likes to go either way on the wing. You can see he likes to roam about the pitch and have a free role. They lad has a good shot on him and some silky skills. I just question where that player disappeared to for the last 3-5 games before the Newport performance.

Probably the traits that saw him loaned out from a higher league in the first place. Most young loanees are far from the complete package.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":he7eyk60 said:

every player seemed lost against blackpool mate.

Jul 3, 2013
I am led to believe that he had been carrying a injury for a number of weeks, if that has now cleared up I have no idea.

Aug 5, 2016
Knarf Reprah":2akm6ojh said:
Colin has already stated that Argo have no chance of signing him

Well I don't see Colin playing him in the Championship, so I think the prospect of a season long loan at League One level might be attractive to all parties. All rests on how much the young Scotsman has enjoyed his time here, and whether he wants another twelve months of it.

Feb 8, 2005
Knibbsworth":1vjvsvds said:
Knarf Reprah":1vjvsvds said:

Well I don't see Colin playing him in the Championship, so I think the prospect of a season long loan at League One level might be attractive to all parties. All rests on how much the young Scotsman has enjoyed his time here, and whether he wants another twelve months of it.

AND whether Adams wants to take him!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Kennedy is not a typical winger who supplies crosses for others, the cross for Taylor to score against Newport was a rarity.
He prefers to cut inside and get a shot away and I'm sure four of his five goals were identical where he cuts inside the right back and shoots into the far corner.

At times during some games he would have acres of space near the touchline to run into but he would slow his run and look to run inside.

The better teams quickly worked him out and showed him down the outside onto his weaker left foot and he wasn't so effective.

Kennedy fits the bill for Adams who likes his wide players to play on the side of their weaker foot, apart from Jervis.

We were lucky to get Kennedy and if there was a different manager at Cardiff we wouldn't have got him on loan.

Aug 5, 2016
jimsing":4m8j4i27 said:
Knibbsworth":4m8j4i27 said:
Knarf Reprah":4m8j4i27 said:

AND whether Adams wants to take him!

Adams has shuffled wingers like a deck of cards in his two seasons at Argyle.

Wylde, Jervis, Tanner, Carey, Slew etc. have been interchangeable.

I haven't seen a winger get a straight run of games like Kennedy has for Argyle. Adams clearly likes him.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":2vx4onkn said:

I agree. Too many mediocre performances for me. Looked great V Newport but didn't they all. A flat track bully?