Meet the tea ladies (merged) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Meet the tea ladies (merged)

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
What an off the wall feature, not something I'd expect the the nytimes to cover to be honest, which makes the article even more appealing. A good read. Thanks.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
A very nice story and really surprised it's in the NY Times. Great advert for some of the integral parts of a club the are often forgotten.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Very interesting article.

We, at Senior Greens, know that Jane Hallett (Simon's wife) pours a nice cup of tea. As she lives in the USA, I am sure that she would pour a cup for the New York Times journalists ;) ;)

Jan 3, 2013
davie nine":2b1568jb said:
Very interesting article.

We, at Senior Greens, know that Jane Hallett (Simon's wife) pours a nice cup of tea. As she lives in the USA, I am sure that she would pour a cup for the New York Times journalists ;) ;)

:funny:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Sandra Clark :thumbup:

Clark and her partner on match days — also called Sandra — are responsible for keeping the drinks flowing at the tea bar inside Home Park’s so-called Green Room, the semiofficial title of the area where the players’ families, friends and their guests can gather alongside club officials, scouts, coaches and former players.

The club’s goalkeeper, Luke McCormick, often pops by “for a yarn,” as Clark, 75, puts it. And it’s such moments that are her favorite part of the job she has held since 1984. “I like the involvement with people,” she said. “I feel part of Plymouth Argyle.” At their bar, the two Sandras also serve up pasties, a traditional snack in these parts and neighboring Cornwall.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/20/spor ... .html?_r=0

EDIT: apologies, missed it first time! :facepalm: