Derek Adams is fantastic | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek Adams is fantastic

Aug 24, 2011
We don't realise what we have i really don't think we do.

After last year's heartbreak he brings in all but 3 new faces and put us back to the top end of the table for the whole season.

Tactics are brilliant, yes we give away good chances at times but 2 or 3 a game isnt enough for many league two sides to get a goal and that's proven with how many games we have won.

All teams of all levels have terrible results in a season. Just find a few mins and look at every team in every league that are at the top and see there results. To name a few off the top of my head, Newcastle beaten at home by Blackburn, Everton 4-0 man city. Burnley 2-0 Liverpool.....The list goes on and on and those clubs have all had more that that also.

We are getting promoted now and winning the league has to be the aim, it will be fantastic if we manage it, anyone saying after beating top of the league on there Turf with 7 games to go and 3pts behind that we shouldn't be concentrating on winning the league doesn't have a competitive bone in there body. Football is about winning, winning, winning and it always has been. I don't remember being pumped or extatic with a draw before in any league we have ever played in?

Adams has brought in real good quality for this league and most are capable of league 1 as well because frankly there isn't a big difference and all promoted teams are proving that.

Well done Derek and your team, we can't​ ask for anymore and we are absolutely delighted with how this season has gone.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I'm glad you've started this thread. Yes, Luke and the defenders were brilliant today but DA had a game plan and the lads carried it out. Credit where credit is due. Well done Derek.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
:iagree:
Well said that man.

Majesticmacc":3gpai6y7 said:
We don't realise what we have i really don't think we do.

After last year's heartbreak he brings in all but 3 new faces and put us back to the top end of the table for the whole season.

Tactics are brilliant, yes we give away good chances at times but 2 or 3 a game isnt enough for many league two sides to get a goal and that's proven with how many games we have won.

All teams of all levels have terrible results in a season. Just find a few mins and look at every team in every league that are at the top and see there results. To name a few off the top of my head, Newcastle beaten at home by Blackburn, Everton 4-0 man city. Burnley 2-0 Liverpool.....The list goes on and on and those clubs have all had more that that also.

We are getting promoted now and winning the league has to be the aim, it will be fantastic if we manage it, anyone saying after beating top of the league on there Turf with 7 games to go and 3pts behind that we shouldn't be concentrating on winning the league doesn't have a competitive bone in there body. Football is about winning, winning, winning and it always has been. I don't remember being pumped or extatic with a draw before in any league we have ever played in?

Adams has brought in real good quality for this league and most are capable of league 1 as well because frankly there isn't a big difference and all promoted teams are proving that.

Well done Derek and your team, we can't​ ask for anymore and we are absolutely delighted with how this season has gone.

Feb 2, 2007
lilcol":2uszfdqb said:
Shame he can't find a winning formula at home. Fantastic is stretching it a bit imo.

Some people aren't happy!

Still have joint third best home record in the league, the Tuesday night run has been annoying but overall we still have a promotion candidate record at home. I predict we won't lose another at home this season ending with a record of 14-3-6.

Unbelievable to find fault but then some people weren't happy at United when Fergie was going strong or Shankley at Liverpool or Pep at Bayern.

Derek has done a fantastic job.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
A brilliant job. He has seen what is required to get us up out of this division and produced a team and system to achieve it. The criticism he's had to endure from a few regular posters on here all season on here has been laughable.

Fortunately of course I'm sure he couldn't give two hoots about all that.

Well done Derek Adams. Now let's win the title and get us up through League One too.

Aug 5, 2016
You cannot help but applaud the job DA's done. Regardless of budget, to replace a squad of 25 with about 15-20 new faces and deliver success is incredible. Give any manager in the world a blank chequebook and they can't get success (Chelsea/Man City/PSG) due to the overhaul in personnel, but DA has somehow managed it.

The James Brent board has to take some credit too. For the first time in long memory, the board backed the manager (after the empty promises of last season). To bring Ryan Taylor, Marty Kennedy and Antoni Sarcevic in were three eye catching signings at League Two level, and Sokolik has also played a huge part. The Liverpool games obviously helped the finances, but the board didn't hesitate to back the manager this time.

Very happy supporter tonight.

Nov 9, 2013
York
Living up north, i have to confess to not having been to Home Park for a couple years. However, this season i have managed to get to 12 away games this season. At times I've sat there shaking my head at the performances, wondering if there was any plan or tactic afoot. And it's all suddenly become clear. An emphatic YES. Admittedly it's not always been pretty to watch. At times it's frustrating and not good for my health. But it can't be denied that DA has had a game plan all season. To sit back and absorb what the opposition throw at us. And then to hit them on the break or to make the most of set pieces. It's by no means an example of Ruud Gullits sexy football....But it works. Time and time again. And it is going to achieve what we have been yearning for since 2010. To get out of the basement and push towards the Championship. Surely that is the over riding factor? DA knows that and he has conducted a tactical masterpiece this season. IMO we should all be extremely proud of him.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I think a number of supporters are suffering with what is commonly known as Sister in Law syndrome. When your up there but you know you shouldn't be.

I don't think that's the case we are second on merit.

Wexford Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
✅ Evergreen
Jan 20, 2005
Ballygarrett, County Wexford, Ireland
He's doing a great job for us after the Sheridan era, and some nice comments by him in the Herald this morning to get back at Darren Ferguson :greensmile:

We are now in League 1 barring a miraculous decline. Well played Derek

Nov 9, 2013
York
I've walked out of away grounds several times this season shaking my head in disbelief that we took 3 points. To such a point i should be putting in a claim against Argo for whiplash. Once or twice could be deemed as good luck. But it's happened so often that even the pessimists will eventually have to accept (well, most of em) that it was all part of the gameplan. Certainly it's been painful to watch at times. I'm surprised Mansfield didn't ring the old Bill to report a theft of 3 points. But its that gameplan that has got us to where we are. Enjoy it!

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
I agree that Adams thrives best in these sit back and counter attack type games. To not concede at Liverpool, end Doncaster's 1 year home run and also get so many away wins is a fantastic accomplishment in the season.

Personally I think he is adopting these tactics as this is what he can get out of players at this level and also many teams are strong and direct. Doncaster certainly looked sharp, fast and skilful yesterday, but I think the majority of their players are L1 quality, and they are the exception to the rule. I expect Adams will finesse our tactics as we go up the leagues!

Oct 14, 2015
I remember leaving Readings ground in August after being beaten 2-0 in the League Cup or whatever it's called this season when to be honest we were completely outplayed and we couldn't have complained if we'd lost by 5 or 6. I was thinking we are "fudged" if that's the best we can do. However after a lot of critisism by many regarding some of his signings it would appear we may have been proved wrong by Mr Adams. Some performances have been disappointing but 12 away wins and 13 points clear with 7 to go proves he and the players are doing something right. Often his tactics have been called into question by some, why is Tanner not getting into the squad, what does Spencer bring to the team, only playing one up front for example and calls on here for Luke to be replaced throughout the season. However he's stuck by his decisions and it seems it's paid off. However being seen as " fantastic" by your supporters can last a short time (Leicester City for example) so I hope the club enjoy yesterday's win and continue the performance into the next game..

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I think Prutton's comments yesterday about the wholesale rebuilding of the squad were very well made. It was a mighty gamble and one that many criticised after the first two or three games of the season. He must take great credit for that - not only in the respective quality he brought in but also the team ethic.

I think we are very good for this level in playing our system, but during gameplay we can struggle to adapt when things go wrong.

Overall though I'm very glad to have him here.