Jimmy Spencer | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jimmy Spencer

Dec 22, 2015
Has he managed to convince anyone yet he is a good player? Cause I have watched him in every game he has played at home and all of pre season and I am still not convinced he is actually a footballer.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Not of his best performances today but he was pivotal before his injury. I still think Taylor's the better option though.

Jul 18, 2011
This is what I love about PASOTI, one of our best and most significant wins of the season and someone has to start a facile thread having a go at one of the players FFS.

Mar 23, 2008
Thought he struggled today, except for about 20 mins at the start of the second half. Taylor is a far superior player, Jimmy battled hard but didn't hold the ball up well enough which could have cost us.

Aug 5, 2016
He didn't have a lot to play with today, horrible scrappy balls hit nowhere near him. I do think Taylor is the better option at present though.

Dec 22, 2015
I am delighted with the win today, but it isn't made easy when players like spencer can't hold up the play to allow the team to join him, score goals, tackle, read the game or if all else fails run his legs off. He is a dreadful player and how the like of Blissett or even Tanner are not ahead or in the squad before him is well beyond me. I just pray he doesn't win a contract for next season.

Mar 14, 2009
I am a big fan of his.

I don't think he had a good game today. His decision making was slow at times.

When Argyle pump the ball upto him 7ft in the air, he challenges, but often unsuccessfully never wins the ball. Give it to his feet or below the upper body and you can play off him. He has very good awareness of others and his link up play is good. If you look for the Crewe game away on YouTube have a look at the part he plays in one of the goals when he holds & then play a good pass out wide to Jervis and sets him on his way.

That's what he is about. Unfortunately, at times, he looks awakward and cumbersome. Plus Argyle don't play to his strengths.

Nov 4, 2012
Not been impressed since his return but was doing well prior to his injury. Taylor should be 1st choice though.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I heard the commentator say 'looking for Spencer' several times. Wondered if it was Pixar's new mushy animated blockbuster about a man lost on a football pitch.

Apr 1, 2009
Metal_Green_Mickey":2bzoj0hj said:
I am a big fan of his.

I don't think he had a good game today. His decision making was slow at times.

When Argyle pump the ball upto him 7ft in the air, he challenges, but often unsuccessfully never wins the ball. Give it to his feet or below the upper body and you can play off him. He has very good awareness of others and his link up play is good. If you look for the Crewe game away on YouTube have a look at the part he plays in one of the goals when he holds & then play a good pass out wide to Jervis and sets him on his way.

That's what he is about. Unfortunately, at times, he looks awakward and cumbersome. Plus Argyle don't play to his strengths.

I agree with you about the moment at Crewe - that's my best "Spencer moment". I struggle, however, to find many more.

I appreciate that he had some pretty meagre scraps to deal with today, but he doesn't have enough to his game, and life's only going to be tougher at the next level. I'm not convinced either that he'd score loads if played off a target man - there's precious little evidence that he's a natural finisher. Anyway, that's not the way DA sets us up.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Nice to have some negativity on here tonight. Good grief - let's enjoy our successes.

Surely 98% of us believe that today has eroded any fear that we will not go up automatically.

COYG.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
I struggle to remember a worse performance up front. Didn't run didn't challenge won nothing and on the odd occasion he got the ball lost it immediately.