Is it really their cup final | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Is it really their cup final

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Quote from a Donny mate
"We score loads of goals but always let a daft goal in at home and end up chasing the game."
They are treating it as a cup final - a win puts them 9 points clear and secures promotion and the Championship they believe!
Can't seeing it being nil nil, we will need to score...

Oct 31, 2015
I kind of agree with them. Win today and they are promoted and more than likely champuons because us and Pompey wont catch them. For us its all about promorion first. We will need goals today as they van score for Britain and have not lost at home since last March!!

COYGs

D

Doncastervisitor

No, it is not our cup final..

It is a game same as any of the other 45 in the league where we can get 3 points. It IS important however as we are the top two and a Rovers win puts us closer to becoming champions.

If it is a cup final, it is just as much going to be yours as ours. A draw for us still maintains a 6 point gap, and with 6 points (maybe less depending on what other teams do next weekend) to guarantee promotion (we would have 84) it is not necessary for us to win today.

However, with our game next weekend at Grimsby kicking off at 1pm, we could be promoted before any of the likes of Stevenage and Luton etc play again,

Plyomuth need 12 points (probably less) from 8 games - so even if you lose today you should go up..

An important game - yes. Our cup final - no..

Mar 23, 2008
Think it's more important to us, as a win gives us hope of being champions whereas a defeat will end that hope.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Deacster":26hgnmz9 said:
Think it's more important to us, as a win gives us hope of being champions whereas a defeat will end that hope.

Champions shmampions! Do we need to go up as champions? After the last two seasons I want us up without having to go through the playoffs, if that means we're third on goals scored I'll take it.

Whoever wins today (if there is a winner) will be decidedly happier than the loser.

Mar 23, 2008
Ade the green":6hhfzrqr said:
Deacster":6hhfzrqr said:

Champions shmampions! Do we need to go up as champions? After the last two seasons I want us up without having to go through the playoffs, if that means we're third on goals scored I'll take it.

Whoever wins today (if there is a winner) will be decidedly happier than the loser.
Promotion is ultimately the goal and whatever position we finish in, as long as we are in league one it doesn't matter BUT wouldn't it be nice to have a push for top stop?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
From a selfish viewpoint, we need to win.

Two of my pals, who don't go to Argyle, asked me to put £5 on with Skybet last September. I decided that I'd better join them, so we've all got £5 at 18-1. Skybet are still offering 9-1 against Argyle being champions now but, obviously, that will change if we win today.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":2cxn927w said:
Deacster":2cxn927w said:

You have to wonder whether winning a divisional title actually counts as winning something. The media still talk about Newcastle United having not won anything since they triumphed in the Inter Cities Fairs Cup in 1969 yet I seem to remember a lot of Geordies on the Home Park pitch in 2010 singing and dancing for some reason or another.

I also think back to 1994 when my own team won the Football League title but only a die hard Palace fan would word it that way. THE 1994 Champions were Manchester United of course. My lot just won a "best of the rest" title.

Promotion is the most important factor.

May 16, 2016
On the odd occasion I've checked the progress of the 4 teams promoted from L2 last season, I never gave a seconds thought to who was 1st, 2nd or 3rd, to be honest, top of my head I can't remember.

Promotion is the goal, final position inthe top 3 just a bit of icing really.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
davie nine":2x41rk1m said:
From a selfish viewpoint, we need to win.

Two of my pals, who don't go to Argyle, asked me to put £5 on with Skybet last September. I decided that I'd better join them, so we've all got £5 at 18-1. Skybet are still offering 9-1 against Argyle being champions now but, obviously, that will change if we win today.

Skybet are now offering only 4-1 against Argyle being champions.