Away following tomorrow? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Away following tomorrow?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Hi been out and about this week and the only question I've had is how many tickets have you sold? I think Rovers are hoping we bring a few so there ground doesn't look embarrassingly empty on TV again when they are top of the league as against Pompey earlier on the season. I've said I wouldn't expect many being on TV and a Sunday but don't really know. Anybody got any ideas on away ticket sales for this one?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Well if it is 1000 then it's a pretty good effort by everyone, hoping for a big following so to back up my claims that we are a big club and should be championship at least. Donny actually has a greater population than Plymouth as the largest MBC in the country yet can only get 6 or 7k at best not just Janners that are apathetic! Although the amount of owls, blades and Leeds in the town is unbelievable!

May 8, 2011
edengreen":15fcw0gt said:
Well if it is 1000 then it's a pretty good effort by everyone, hoping for a big following so to back up my claims that we are a big club and should be championship at least. Donny actually has a greater population than Plymouth as the largest MBC in the country yet can only get 6 or 7k at best not just Janners that are apathetic! Although the amount of owls, blades and Leeds in the town is unbelievable!

The population of the town of Doncaster is about half that of Plymouth.
Doncaster Borough Council covers a much wider area and has a population of 300,000. But like you said there is a lot of support for the two Sheffield teams and Leeds in the towns and villages especially.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
HC Green":1e7d3bfp said:
edengreen":1e7d3bfp said:

Doncaster Borough Council covers a much wider area and has a population of 300,000. But like you said there is a lot of support for the two Sheffield teams and Leeds in the towns and villages especially.

Yes, Doncaster's wider borough picks up a number of pit villages [probably now closed] like Rossington and Armthorpe. I cannot recall the others, but I recall they all had great swimming pools, when I travelled in the area.

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Anything near 1000 would be a great turnout. I was going to go until they changed the date to a Sunday. Buzzing it's on the TV.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
HC Green":32hl2xlq said:
edengreen":32hl2xlq said:

Yep, I call this the Wakefield Syndrome. Apparently Wakefield is actually the biggest city not to have had top flight football. In reality, Wakefield is nowhere near the size of Plymouth, and what's happened is that the authorities have thrown a blanket over half of Yorkshire's towns and villages and called the area the City of Wakefield.

Similarly, the 'metro area' of Southampton includes.... Portsmouth. And vice versa. Just ridiculous.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
1,000 was around the figure I was thinking. For a club we've not played for quite some time we can normally take that many this distance, especially for a game with some kind of significance. Obviously the date change will work against some people, especially fans who might follow England of which I think we have quite a few. But somewhere between 750-1,000 is what I'm expecting to see tomorrow.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":25xgxipz said:
HC Green":25xgxipz said:
edengreen":25xgxipz said:

Yep, I call this the Wakefield Syndrome. Apparently Wakefield is actually the biggest city not to have had top flight football. In reality, Wakefield is nowhere near the size of Plymouth, and what's happened is that the authorities have thrown a blanket over half of Yorkshire's towns and villages and called the area the City of Wakefield.

Similarly, the 'metro area' of Southampton includes.... Portsmouth. And vice versa. Just ridiculous.

A bit like the amalgamation of Plymouth, Devonport and East Storehouse, not to mention Keyham, St. Budeaux, Ernesettle, Honicknowle, Crownhill, Eggbuckland, Effort, Plymstock, Elburton, Plympton, Estover, Whitleigh, Southway and Woolwell

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
I think there would be a few surprised faces if residents of Rossington, Armthorpe, Thorne, Hatfield and other former pit villages were now told they don't live in Doncaster

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Lundan Cabbie":3s1wqcv4 said:
Biggs":3s1wqcv4 said:
HC Green":3s1wqcv4 said:
edengreen":3s1wqcv4 said:

A bit like the amalgamation of Plymouth, Devonport and East Storehouse, not to mention Keyham, St. Budeaux, Ernesettle, Honicknowle, Crownhill, Eggbuckland, Effort, Plymstock, Elburton, Plympton, Estover, Whitleigh, Southway and Woolwell

Not at all, they're suburbs which are clearly now part of the city of Plymouth as its expanded. A bit like how Islington or Hammersmith are clearly now parts of London despite being villages 150 years ago.

Pontefract and Castleford, on the other hand, are entirely separate towns with their own sporting teams, and with vast swathes of countryside and villages in between them. Yet they are part of the City of Wakefield :crazy:

That area makes up 130sq miles, while Plymouth is 30sq miles. Again, all they've done is thrown a blanket over a massive area of Yorkshire and pretended it's a city. It isn't.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":1bayc1oq said:
Biggs":1bayc1oq said:
HC Green":1bayc1oq said:
edengreen":1bayc1oq said:

Nonsense Lundan, you are being mischievous I think. The city of Plymouth is almost 100 years old and covers an area of just 30 square miles. The "city" or rather metropolitan borough of Wakefield covers over 130 square miles taking in neighbouring towns like Featherstone, Pontefract, Osset and Castleford up to 14 miles away and some with populations of 30,000 and 40,000 in their own right.