Ainsworth | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ainsworth

Sep 25, 2010
Sky have got Gareth Ainsworth as the studio pundit for this game.

Blimey, who decides on these people

Oct 14, 2015
He'll stretch the 2 hour program out to about 4 hours I imagine.....just trying to think how he'd waste time whilst being a pundit??

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
He is actually highly respected throughout the game and judged on his words to the press after our recent draw there, he could not have been fairer. On very meager resources he has to do whatever he can to make Wycombe competitive. If he was our manager and was employing what we interpret as cheating/gamesmanship, there would probably be less than 1% of the current condemnation of him if it led to success. He will be very well informed on League Two matters, a lot more so than some of the regular pundits. Lets be fair, he is a far better option than that horrible clown Steve Evans from Mansfield.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He has been quite complimentary about us this season.

"He [Carey] is one of the best players in the league so you are not going to let him have a free run," said the 43-year-old.

"Plymouth is a game that I want to win and I think we have got enough to win it, but they are a really good side.
"They are second in the league for a reason, so that will be a tough game for us.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
memory man":1wsenaru said:
He is actually highly respected throughout the game and judged on his words to the press after our recent draw there, he could not have been fairer. On very meager resources he has to do whatever he can to make Wycombe competitive. If he was our manager and was employing what we interpret as cheating/gamesmanship, there would probably be less than 1% of the current condemnation of him if it led to success. He will be very well informed on League Two matters, a lot more so than some of the regular pundits. Lets be fair, he is a far better option than that horrible clown Steve Evans from Mansfield.
Well said memory man.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He's a very personable man.

The football he produces is truly terrible though.

He's got a reasonable team there at the moment, their game against us at Home Park proved that but the away game showed his natural instincts, cheat and high ball. He can't help it.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
He has to work with what he has at his disposal and find ways to get the best out of his players. I certainly don't have any issues with him. Apart from the fact he could do with a haircut. Long hair is so not cool :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
My point is Col, that's not correct. He's a decent side there but plays that way because it's in his DNA. All the anti football people are the same, use an excuse (budget) or deny totally they don't pay long ball etc, Big Sam, David Kemp, Pulis and Ainsworth just have it as their fall back.

Aug 5, 2016
memory man":3mi7gqhf said:

I can't have that mm. You sound like Ainsworth bleating on about how tough he's got it as if it justifies cheating. Accrington had naff all budget and were cheated out of automatic promotion last season, due to that goal they scored which was disgracefully disallowed. Accrington played quality attacking football all season. They didn't outright cheat, roll around on the floor, feign head contact, trying to get opponents red carded by intimating elbows that didn't happen, feigning cramp, taking minutes out through phantom injuries, then running back on the pitch fresh as a daisy and no blood to be seen after they have got their stoppage.

Having a small squad or a small budget doesn't excuse their cheating gameplan, which initiates itself every match as soon as they take the lead.

However I do agree with you that Ainsworth is usually articulate and informed, and none of the above affects his ability to give a decent insight for the TV cameras.

Sep 23, 2005
Knibbsworth":36yywhwz said:
memory man":36yywhwz said:

I can't have that mm. You sound like Ainsworth bleating on about how tough he's got it as if it justifies cheating. Accrington had naff all budget and were cheated out of automatic promotion last season, due to that goal they scored which was disgracefully disallowed. Accrington played quality attacking football all season. They didn't outright cheat, roll around on the floor, feign head contact, trying to get opponents red carded by intimating elbows that didn't happen, feigning cramp, taking minutes out through phantom injuries, then running back on the pitch fresh as a daisy and no blood to be seen after they have got their stoppage.

Having a small squad or a small budget doesn't excuse their cheating gameplan, which initiates itself every match as soon as they take the lead.

However I do agree with you that Ainsworth is usually articulate and informed, and none of the above affects his ability to give a decent insight for the TV cameras.
Spot on. I'm sure he will be a very articulate pundit but I hope I never have to see another match featuring a team managed by him.

May 16, 2016
Probably a good booking as a pundit but lets not forget the Wycombe fans quotes seen on here bemoaning some of his tactics. Not all Wcombe fans subscribe to his 'style'. (Regardless of budget envies).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm surprised at that I must admit. Everyone I speak to connected with WWFC seem to revel in their dark arts.

I think the attendances speak for themselves.

Nov 10, 2010
IJN":3uqcxkw8 said:
My point is Col, that's not correct. He's a decent side there but plays that way because it's in his DNA. All the anti football people are the same, use an excuse (budget) or deny totally they don't pay long ball etc, Big Sam, David Kemp, Pulis and Ainsworth just have it as their fall back.

Who said that is the wrong way to play football? These seems to be an ideology off playing passing football. This is not always effectictive. I'm sure if you ask any Arsenal fan they would trade passing football for winning any day of the week.