• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Kick off at Demport or Barn Park

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Here is one for the statisticians amongst you.

Talk Sport this afternoon had a feature on the fact that if teams get turned around at the kick off ( ie we kick towards the Devonport End in the first half) they do less well than if they kick towards their preferred end in the first half (ie Barn Park for us).

So would anyone like to evaluate how we perform gong one way or the other as a ratio ?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Am I being really dumb here or do we still prefer to kick towards the BPE first in which case uh?

The question being, if we lose the toss and the opponents choose to make us kick towards the DE first half, how much difference does it make.

I'd argue that for the same reason, any away team at HP would choose to attack towards their fans second half as that is where the noise would be supporting their strikers at the business end of the game. For that reason it would make little difference except traditional to the home side. Where it might be different is in cup games when away teams might decide to go all out in the first 20-30 minutes to get in front.

May 16, 2016
At HP, there is also the setting sun in the eyes of thr BP End goalie and his defenders to consider. Depending on the time of year, some away teams might factor that into any coin toss winning decision.

Sep 20, 2003
Makes you wonder if Pedro goes to games. We always prefer to kick toward BPE now and in the past.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Talking of Demport, off topic I know, does anyone know what has happened to 'demportdave'?

He hasn't posted for a month and I am genuinely missing his 'glass half empty' posts.

A

AR09YLE

Dreamgreen, if you want to know so much why don't you work it out? :D

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":8zqln726 said:
Am I being really dumb here or do we still prefer to kick towards the BPE first in which case uh?

The question being, if we lose the toss and the opponents choose to make us kick towards the DE first half, how much difference does it make.

I'd argue that for the same reason, any away team at HP would choose to attack towards their fans second half as that is where the noise would be supporting their strikers at the business end of the game. For that reason it would make little difference except traditional to the home side. Where it might be different is in cup games when away teams might decide to go all out in the first 20-30 minutes to get in front.
I haven't made a note of when and how many times but Luke has occasionally won the toss both home and away and has decided to kick towards Argyle fans in the first half. I haven't noticed if it's anything to do with the sun going down.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
AR09YLE":1t2pcgte said:

I would, but I have this plonk of a son who is either loved up or has exams, so I don't get to every home game to know which way they kick in the first half.

A

AR09YLE

Dreamgreen":365lsbsr said:
AR09YLE":365lsbsr said:

I would, but I have this plonk of a son who is either loved up or has exams, so I don't get to every home game to know which way they kick in the first half.

Touche

Oct 24, 2010
I can't remember when or over what period but someone in the last year or two posted a stat showing we scored more goals playing toward the Barn Park end