SWPL game at Saltash (game off) (merged) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

SWPL game at Saltash (game off) (merged)

Feb 9, 2013
Argyle's South West Peninsula League team are in action next on Wednesday evening (March 22) when they meet St Austell in the Semi-Final of the League's Walter C Pearson Cup competition at Kimberley Stadium, Callington Road, Saltash (PL12 6DX), ko 7.30pm.
I have no idea who will be playing in the Argyle team. However, it is noteworthy that Nauris Bulvitis, Connor Smith, Craig Tanner and Paul-Arnold Garita were all given run-outs in last Saturday's 6-0 victory over St Blazey last Saturday. With no first team game until Sunday's match at Doncaster, it is possible that Derek Adams may include several senior professionals in the squad on Wednesday.

May 8, 2011
Also the U18s are due to play Orient away on Saturday 25th at the Whitbread Playing Fields which is near Roding Valley tube station, with a 2:00pm KO for anyone in London on Saturday looking for a game.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I will be there along with a few more anoraks.

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Looking forward to it come on Green Army lets give the lads great support.

May 16, 2016
I saw bits of the 2nd half of Saltash at home to Falmouth live last night on Facebook. It looked a bit wet and windy. I'd have been surprised if the pitch was played on again today.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Guiri Green":19w0fo7y said:
I saw bits of the 2nd half of Saltash at home to Falmouth live last night on Facebook. It looked a bit wet and windy. I'd have been surprised if the pitch was played on again today.

Last night's game was the Cornwall Senior Cup semi-final, so was played at a neutral venue, Poltair Park St Austell.
It was pretty wet and windy, wasn't it? :)

May 16, 2016
kernow19":wv6q6dkb said:
Guiri Green":wv6q6dkb said:

Last night's game was the Cornwall Senior Cup semi-final, so was played at a neutral venue, Poltair Park St Austell.

Ok cheers. Didn't realise that. I was watching with no sound ! I thought it looked a little different. Assumed it was my memory letting me down. It did look rough.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
kernow19":2i3tl39f said:
Guiri Green":2i3tl39f said:

The other semi final is Bodmin v Newquay at Wadebridge Town kicking off at 7.30pm tonight. It should go ahead which is a blessing as they've been trying to stage it since earlier this month.

Feb 28, 2016
I really hope that in the rearranged fixture our "Reserve" or "youth" side get the chance to take these on.

The game at coach road was, understandably met with some disappointment on their behalf, that they had to play against a team stuffed with professionals whilst their title rivals didn't. I'm still sympathetic towards that argument, however I always maintained that, I believed our youngsters could have easily beat them anyway. I think with, in particular the home result against Saltash they have proven they can beat anybody on their day.

The return fixture was a tasty affair, Ben Steer was chock slammed by their keeper, in something you would expect to see in the WWF, not on a football pitch, after Aaron Taylor's enthusiastic challenge seen him sent off. It was a very close game and we were still unlucky not to win in my view. For that, a big part of me really wants to see that group of players, take them on over 90mins, XI v XI (and hopefully beat them!) They are not a team I want to see first team lads play against because they will use that as an excuse.

Talking of Aaron Taylor, I'm acutely aware, he is a name I don't mention nearly enough, whilst talking about the youth team. I believe he is currently out injured but he is one of the unsung heroes of that side the last two years. Always solid, always dependable, adaptable, a real utility player, you can play him across midfield, or across defence you could probably put him in goal if need be and know he would do a proper, solid job. The other unsung hero for my money is Connor McAuley who is an energetic, never say die, type character, always runs his socks off, his engine and his fight are massive. I've spoken to both of them and they are both, well articulated decent, likeable lads, off the pitch as well.

I know that people probably wont be as excited by those two names as: Battle, Fletcher, (Dan) Rooney, Rose, and Bentley, (I've always talked Richards up, though you probably wouldn't have him in that grouping, amongst the fan base's conscience at the moment and Sam Ryan is in a different situation to them all.)

I would love to see Taylor and McAuley offered some sort of deal, be it pro or pro development, even as the two I've probably talked about the least, I still think they have bright futures given the right breaks and could both make it as pros, if they had been born in any other year you would be probably talking about them as the stand out two of their year!