Kits next season | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Kits next season

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Following on from Derek suggesting the kit can't be seen on a Tuesday night (A fact firmly put to bed by Blackpool) what do you think would be the best combination for argyle going forward? I think it's a given we will be wearing white shorts and socks going forward personally I would like a Hibs style white sleeved effort again ideally away from puma
The kit supplier Doncaster Rovers use was one I beleive Ian managed to engage a few years ago to give fans more choice and I think there kits have been quite successful so maybe we could give them another chance?

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Whoah... there were no facts put to bed against Blackpool. We were carp on the night and Blackpool were very good. I still think we should wear white at home, not just because it is more visible but because it is a far nicer, more stylish kit!

That is my opinion. However, I expect Argyle to go ahead with green and, if it is a lighter shade, I would also be happier with that. The current kit is a dirge.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Have they not said already that the kit problem has been addressed ahead of next season? If that is so, I wonder when they plan on having the launch.

B

bizzay1

Skins next season with numbers written in thick black marker pen

Jul 29, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":uf32tdgr said:
Have they not said already that the kit problem has been addressed ahead of next season? If that is so, I wonder when they plan on having the launch.
I recall at the time of the unveiling of this season's kit someone connected to the fans group dropped a hint akin to "wait 'til you see next seasons kits :wink:"

It suggested it was already chosen.

Maybe Derek's "too dark" excuse, for that's what it is, has prompted a change.

So long as both kits have no other colour than green, black and white I will have no objection (although they have to look nice for me to consider buying one) but don't kid us there's any science in them assisting performance.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
I've heard a rumour that the home kit is dayglow pink and the away fluorescent yellow :whistle:

No excuses for DA then. Well actually he will probably say the players were blinded by them :coat:

Have a feeling it will be stripes, oh no :doh:

Jul 29, 2010
GreenArmy1984":1im0js7v said:
Hoping to see Proper Argyle Green Home Kit next season and Yellow Away Kit would be my choice

Proper Argyle Kits :thumbs:
And you're in some way surprised when people think you're a troll :roll:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
GreenArmy1984":mmbfadqf said:
Hoping to see Proper Argyle Green Home Kit next season and Yellow Away Kit would be my choice

Proper Argyle Kits :thumbs:

Wait... What? Yellow??

Can i ask why?

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
GreenArmy1984":pbriq2ru said:
GM Vauxhall":pbriq2ru said:
No away kit at all because we don't need one!

I think we do

No we don't. We never used to have one. What's changed?

People quote Yeovil as the reason, but (i) hopefully not a problem next year and (ii) we had to get a third kit for that game anyway, so it can be done if necessary.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Don't be ridiculous. There's not one club in professional, semi professional and probably amateur football that doesn't have an away kit. I assume it's actually a legal requirement by the Football League too.

That's leaving aside the obvious commercial benefits of having two shirts for fans to buy.

If i have issues it's 1) the cost, though 40 quid seems reasonable next to the 80+ the big clubs now charge and 2) the recent trend to change kits every season rather than every two seasons.