Luton | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Luton

Oct 16, 2016
Onwards and upwards

I was played a blinder by the other half who told me we had her dads 70th bday meal at the Wet Wok on the 25th alas she lied like a hairy egg, went to book a ticket for Luton....sold out

Anyhow, this ain't necessarily a good hunting ground for argyle and they aren't at all a bad outfit at this level.

Thoughts on this one all?

May 22, 2006
There's absolutely nothing I like about Luton. The town, the stadium....or the fact that we never seem to play well there. We've won in our last two visits but we all know what happens to winning runs, even very small ones. I'm slightly encouraged by the fact that we seem to raise our game for the more important fixtures.

Lose and I can see the wheels coming off. Suddenly the chasing pack will be breathing down our necks with an absolute bitch of a month to come.

I'd happily take the dodgiest, ugliest, backs-to-the-wall 1-0. I don't care how we play. Just win.

Feb 2, 2007
Fact check- won at Kenilworth the last three times we have played there in the league. Not lost since 2002, although they were in Non-League for several years of that timel

Anyway, since Jones has taken over we have met twice and they have an aggregate 4-0 at Home Park, and this will be a very tough fixture. They should be feeling the pressure though as they have a lot of ground to make up.

Will be happy with a draw but think we could sneak a win.

Jun 2, 2016
On the road we are ranked #1 defence in L2. Losing would blow a hole in our points gap. Our default position should be to keep it tight, and hit them as and when we get the chance. A draw would be decent result and all the pressure is on Luton. I think the scenario suits us.
Btw, the game isn't sold out.

Oct 16, 2016
the_corkscrew":qa0ypffy said:
On the road we are ranked #1 defence in L2. Losing would blow a hole in our points gap. Our default position should be to keep it tight, and hit them as and when we get the chance. A draw would be decent result and all the pressure is on Luton. I think the scenario suits us.
Btw, the game isn't sold out.

Says sold out on my ticket account....

Jun 2, 2016
My apologies, mate. the website is saying 'sold out' ! I must have been one of the last ones to get a ticket. To be seen whether that's accurate or not ...........

A

Always Faithful

2002 at Luton was quite an experience! From memory an Argyle fan got stabbed and there were about 11 arrests. Think we took about 1700 which was the whole section behind the goal. If it has sold out, I'd assume we've only been given part of this section as has been the case for the last couple of seasons. Maybe around 1200ish. Great result there last season and on the 3 or 4 occasions I've been to Kenilworth Road the atmosphere has always been good. Will be massive if we can get 3pts on Saturday.

Jul 29, 2010
It's a bit like Exeter, expected to be a very tough game.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say the result could well be the same too.

...we'll then go on to drop 'home banker' points again against County :facepalm:

Oct 21, 2015
Luton game will be important and I have got my ticket..... but not as much of an impact on our season as the run of three home games coming up against Notts Co. Carlisle and Blackpool. Get a draw at Kenilworth Road and then rack up another 9 points at Home Park will put us in a healthy position with 10 more points towards DA's target to get us up as we enter a tricky run of fixtures later in March. If we come out of those home games with only 3 to 5 points it may make for a tight finish. Whatever the outcome still believe we will get promoted ...and avoid the lottery called the play offs.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Far more of a must win for Luton than ourselves, I'd be happy for us to go fairly defensive, be gritty and get a point.

Just ordered three Luton tickets from the Argyle Box Office this morning. Was showing as sold out over the weekend but the lady said they've added more tickets this morning, so worth calling up if anybody is still after them!