League 2 final table calculator/predictor

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A Grimsby forum has a good League Two final table calculator.

You can select one or all teams to predict the results, I just chose the Argyle results and results of other teams are calculated automatically based on current form.
I was conservative with the Argyle results and we finished third on 83 points.

Have a go....
Link

If you want to enter each and every result of each L2 team week by week there's another calculator here....
Link

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Does the first link show a prediction for what position 83pts will get us?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
There are 15 (fifteen) games to go.
Please re post this when there are 5 remaining
So much water to go under the bridge yet

C

Charles Plym

up_the_line":2jzrc3s7 said:
Please remember that fact the next time you post another doom and gloom post . :sigh:

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Nice link, I've just done what I thought was a pretty 'wheels falling off' sort of run, and it still had us finishing top on goal difference with Doncaster on 85 points. I think we're going to really have to implode not to get over the line.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
ChepstowGreen":3ncjwp2w said:
Nice link, I've just done what I thought was a pretty 'wheels falling off' sort of run, and it still had us finishing top on goal difference with Doncaster on 85 points. I think we're going to really have to implode not to get over the line.
We have previous on that count.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Last season the wheels started falling off at a stage we've already passed. It's obviously possible, but I agree with Chepstow green, it's going to take a big implosion not to finish in the top 3.

I had a go at the calculator the OP posted, and it came out with us finishing 2nd and Portsmouth 3rd, I didn't do it through green tinted glasses either, I predicted a few defeats. I'm confident, but obviously cautious at the same time.

Dec 17, 2016
The way I was looking at this was as follows.....
If we assume that 81 points are required for auto promotion, not unrealistic given how open the league is with table position not equating to the likelihood of winning any particular match, so top teams unlikely to accumulate a huge points total, then.......
Argyle will need 20 points from 15 games, that's an average 1.33 points per game!
Compare that with Luton, in currently 4th place, who would need 28 points from 14 games, an average of two points per game (not easy at all)!!
If we can string a few wins together and even beat Luton next weekend and put additional space between them and us, then with other scraped points along the way I think we have a great chance of going up automatically!
This is not a time for the team or fans to lose their nerve......we just all need to keep the faith and continue the way we are going and think positively despite likely setbacks from time to time......
Do that and we'll get there!
ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVES!!! :thumbs:

E

Electronic

Next week's game is a cup final for Luton but not for us. Would take another point.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Had us finishing 2nd on 83, 4 behind Donny with Wycombe in 3rd. The 2 'Counties' to be relegated - pity it wasn't Orient.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Charles.plym":1x3z5kxm said:
up_the_line":1x3z5kxm said:
Please remember that fact the next time you post another doom and gloom post . :sigh:

Won't be too much predicting required with only 5 games to go .

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I just did our results and we finished second on 84 points, crucially five points ahead of fourth place.

Jul 29, 2012
Had us finishing second behind Donny with Pompey third.We have 7 games left at home mainly against sides in the bottom 10. If we can put those sides away and avoid what happened against Orient that should almost get us there. The away games are tougher . A draw next Saturday would be a good result- hopefully Sarcevic will be back. No team is showing great consistency at present with the runs put together by Wycombe and Exeter having been firmly brought to an end.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Cobi Budge":1ns2ybkz said:
Last season the wheels started falling off at a stage we've already passed. It's obviously possible, but I agree with Chepstow green, it's going to take a big implosion not to finish in the top 3.

I had a go at the calculator the OP posted, and it came out with us finishing 2nd and Portsmouth 3rd, I didn't do it through green tinted glasses either, I predicted a few defeats. I'm confident, but obviously cautious at the same time.

It was at this stage last season when it all went wrong, from game 31 to 37 we picked up just 6 points from a possible 21.
I agree that it would take a bigger fall from grace for us to not get promoted this season.