Next Clean Sheet? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Next Clean Sheet?

Aug 11, 2013
Defensively I'm not at all confident at the moment. We're at Luton next week - a team who've scored 10 in the last 3 home games. We need a Liverpool away defensive display and a nil. If everyone was fit for next week, what's our best 4 and defensive midfielder? I'm not sure? Is DA sure? We've looked weaker, not stronger since Song'o moved out of the centre back partnership. Purrington has been a loss. I think we've missed Miller in a way. So what's our strongest back 4. Personally I think we look stronger with Brandley and Songo'o as our centre back partnership afternoon that I'm not sure ... But we need to get back to clean sheets and not play so open next week. Feels like we need the back 6 with Slew and Jervis protecting the fullbacks too. Time to shake it up.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The two recent successive clean sheets had the same back four with Fox and Songo'o in front of them.

I'm not convinced with Sokolik, yes he's composed and neat and tidy but he's not a dominant centre back.
Maybe move him to right-back, Songo'o to centre-back and Threlkeld into midfield alongside Fox?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Sokolik does not have the pace for a full back, he will be another Miller offering nothing going forward and roasted by any winger with pace. If you move Songo back we have no CDM

Best back four at moment has to be the same as played today

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
We don't have a bad defence. Luke always has errors in him, and Sokolik is not quite up to pace in defensive duties yet, I wouldn't rule him out of CDM but believe he'll be a good CB before too long.

What I wouldn't give for Bradley/Nelson with McHugh in front of them.

Jan 27, 2012
I don't think there is enough competition for the goalkeeping position. There might be 2 other goalkeepers on the books apart from McCormick, but they have very little experience and are not threatening his position.

Argyle's best defenders are Bradley and Threlkeld. The others are pretty mediocre in my opinion.

Mar 14, 2009
McHugh was like Fox and Songo combined.

Great at reading the play and protecting the two CB's but was composed on the ball and passed it well. His only problem was his lack of pace.

I'm starting to think as we always play a 3 in midfield, that we either don't have the right balance of players or the quality. I say this because it's noticeable without Carey playing well, we are toothless at times. Fox is steady player but you need more if you're playing a midfield 3. The same applies to Songo. They are steady players. We are crying out for more dynamic players. That's why Sarcevic might be pivotal to our promotion hopes.

Mar 23, 2008
How about Songo CB and Sokolik CDM? Might work as Songo was playing well at centre back and Sokolik is better on the ball.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Our best back 4 and defensive midfielder is (right to left):

Threlkeld, Songo'o/Sokolik, Bradley, Threlkeld,
Threlkeld