Brent's philosophy ... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brent's philosophy ...

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
It's interesting that successive managers have praised JB for how supportive he is of them.

DA states in his interview with the Scottish Sun that he has a 'very supportive chairman' and Sheridan, who may not have had the best rapport with the fans/area, also had warm words for Brent on his departure saying how much he enjoyed working under him.

I think, for all of Brent's perceived faults, he is building a new image and ethos for the club and one that I am proud to be fully behind.

Scottish Sun

:scarf: :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think a lot of the decision making is derived from SH and 'agreed' with by JB.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":1i7khe7j said:
I think a lot of the decision making is derived from SH and 'agreed' with by JB.
SH hasn't been on board very long. JB has been making the decisions since 2011. All credit to him.

Jan 27, 2012
I think the running of the club is healthier now that the ownership is split between James Brent and Simon Hallett, with a couple of minor shareholders. Its a shame that Simon Hallett is based in the USA (which is far from ideal) but at least there is a conventional board of directors now who are able to challenge Brent's decisions.

I get the impression that Simon Hallett is a genuine Argyle supporter rather than a speculator, which is great, and we know that Wrathall is a fan. I did have concerns about Brent's motives when he originally took over the club- and his proposed grandstand redevelopment only reaffirmed my suspicions that he was mainly here for commercial land developments. The jury is still out to a certain extent. I'd like to see what the "new" proposal actually entails.

On balance, I feel the club is now in good hands- especially as its not being run by a single person anymore. Brent and the board appear to be steering the club in a better direction and in comparison to some clubs (eg Blackburn, Blackpool, Coventry) the stewardship of Argyle appears very healthy. However, its quite right to challenge the running of the club, and 7 years in League 2 is definitely an under-achievement for a club of Argyle's potential.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Highly unlikely that either DA or JS would criticise JB. Obviously DA under his employment and JS wasn't sacked, as he still works in football, he'd have nothing to gain by criticising JB.

I think this seasons outcome, will go along way in how the majority think about JB.

E

Electronic

gaspargomez":19egly4h said:
I think the running of the club is healthier now that the ownership is split between James Brent and Simon Hallett, with a couple of minor shareholders. Its a shame that Simon Hallett is based in the USA (which is far from ideal) but at least there is a conventional board of directors now who are able to challenge Brent's decisions.

I get the impression that Simon Hallett is a genuine Argyle supporter rather than a speculator, which is great, and we know that Wrathall is a fan. I did have concerns about Brent's motives when he originally took over the club- and his proposed grandstand redevelopment only reaffirmed my suspicions that he was mainly here for commercial land developments. The jury is still out to a certain extent. I'd like to see what the "new" proposal actually entails.

On balance, I feel the club is now in good hands- especially as its not being run by a single person anymore. Brent and the board appear to be steering the club in a better direction and in comparison to some clubs (eg Blackburn, Blackpool, Coventry) the stewardship of Argyle appears very healthy. However, its quite right to challenge the running of the club, and 7 years in League 2 is definitely an under-achievement for a club of Argyle's potential.

Sensible and balanced

Aug 5, 2005
Ave_IT":27pztlfc said:
Shankster":27pztlfc said:
jimsing":27pztlfc said:
Shankster":27pztlfc said:
Scottish S*n

Bile

I don't think my "translate" app is working. Anyone able to decypher?

Bit of dignity, bit of decorum

You can't account for taste... or so it seems
OK - I admit it's quite late and I've had a few. But WTF are you talking about?

Shankster is commenting on the mention of the Scottish Sun. As a Scouser he would have a natural aversion to any paper from the Sun stable.

There was a question on Only Connect tonight which was 'Things that avoid the Sun'. The answers were Vampires, Zombies and Liverpudlians

Oct 16, 2016
Quizmike":2lwj33wa said:
Ave_IT":2lwj33wa said:
Shankster":2lwj33wa said:
jimsing":2lwj33wa said:
Shankster":2lwj33wa said:
Scottish S*n

Bile

I don't think my "translate" app is working. Anyone able to decypher?

Bit of dignity, bit of decorum

You can't account for taste... or so it seems
OK - I admit it's quite late and I've had a few. But WTF are you talking about?

Shankster is commenting on the mention of the Scottish Sun. As a Scouser he would have a natural aversion to any paper from the Sun stable.

There was a question on Only Connect tonight which was 'Things that avoid the Sun'. The answers were Vampires, Zombies and Liverpudlians

It wasn't that difficult.

Abhorant rag that wouldn't know the truth in an empty room. Hillsborough aside why anyone would touch the thing let alone read it is beyond me. Anyway this in an argyle forum and I don't really want to think any further about it