Floodlights/Kit Clash | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Floodlights/Kit Clash

Mar 14, 2009
Tamar":1hldxh10 said:
I was sat watching last night getting completely frustrated at our ability to keep the ball. The ball retention was awful, That got me thinking about why this might be case. One conclusion I came to was the dark shade of green against the colour of the lights at Home park. They always seem more orangey and the crowd always looks really dark on tv. So
I'm wondering if the players are having trouble picking each other out during the evening games due to these two factors.

Has anyone had any thoughts along these lines?

We played in burgundy against Yeovil and were as equally as poor. This was a Tuesday night game.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tamar":1l7u63za said:
I was sat watching last night getting completely frustrated at our ability to keep the ball. The ball retention was awful, That got me thinking about why this might be case. One conclusion I came to was the dark shade of green against the colour of the lights at Home park. They always seem more orangey and the crowd always looks really dark on tv. So
I'm wondering if the players are having trouble picking each other out during the evening games due to these two factors.

Has anyone had any thoughts along these lines?

As good an excuse as any I suppose!

Dec 17, 2016
Maybe by playing in green kit Argyle are camouflaged against the green turf (could that be the problem)??

Whilst on the subject of visibility, perhaps we'd score more goals at home if bright flashing red fairy lights were attached to the opposition goal-posts and cross-bar to give our strikers a better idea of where the goal is??? :funny:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Actually, I agree completely with the OP. The dark green is a terrible colour for night games. I've always thought this. The white socks helped a lot last night.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
bizzay1":1sydxgqa said:
You are sir Alex Ferguson and I claim my £5 :)

Close Bizzay - he is a fergie wannabe so you can have 50p!

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
This is a hoary(sp) old chestnut been around for ages.
We have the best away kit in football , why can't we wear this for our home games under lights.

Dec 3, 2005
Who would make the decision at Argyle as to which kit we use?

We briefly wore the green shirts - with white shorts - that appeared to be much better than the green shirts and green shorts - already said the white socks v orient was better then the green socks :)

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
khennes_904":3i2aw46u said:
Or for every game for that matter.. :coat:

Hurrah!! I've been saying this for years! (and if I've been wooshed I don't mind)

White at Home Park!! Classic kit.

If football kits were pieces of music, our current home one would be the Funeral March!

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Sturrock tried tangergreen V brum at home about 8/9 years ago it almost worked, we were fantastic that night but lost one nil

Just checked it was dec 9th 2008 (Thanks Greens on Screen)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
djg145":1x4m6pic said:
Who would make the decision at Argyle as to which kit we use?

We briefly wore the green shirts - with white shorts - that appeared to be much better than the green shirts and green shorts - already said the white socks v orient was better then the green socks :)

We wore white shorts in the Liverpool replay at home. I just do not understand playing in an all dark colour for an evening match.

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
Thought the kit looked really good yesterday at Hartlepool. Home shirt, with white shorts and green socks. Looks much better than green shorts with white socks

Jul 7, 2006
It isn't the green pitch that is the problem it is the dark areas of hoarding on the Mayflower side.
Also, when one looks across the pitch from lower down on the Lyndhurst side(i.e. near enough player level) it is sometimes quite difficult to discern between the players and others standing close to the respective benches. For some reason the trainers, assistants all wear very dark clothing which against our dark green kit could make some confusion to a player passing across from Lyndhurst to Mayflower.
Just wearing white shorts would help.
It isn't that the players(or myself) have bad eyesight but just having to delay for a few seconds to distinguish where a player is must make a difference.
Just take note next time we play against a team that has a majority of white kit and one can see that they really stand out in the floodlights.