Exeter City Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
7 on the bounce and the division's form team. Suppose we are almost going in to the game as underdogs. Their run can't last forever and we need to take the wind out of their sails and put them 12 points behind us with several other teams. I hope somebody sorts out the seating fiasco soon as demand for this game must be huge now.

Mar 14, 2009
nick_PASTIE":3us5o4ix said:
Start early- it's only 6 days and 21 hours away!

COYG

Be interesting to see what DA's tactics with Wheeler is. Impressive to score in the last 8 games and get 9 goals. The last 8 clubs couldn't stop him from scoring and yet his performances must of been highlighted by other mangers. They must of had plans. Which makes his goal scoring run even more impressive. My concerned is Sawyers lack of pace might be exposed.

Someone said Reid was injured in the warm up. Also that Watkins went off injured. Impressive then to still win 4-0.

However, looking forward to see what problems we cause them.

Should be a sell out. Should be a good game. Yet will worry about that next week. Gonna enjoy tonight's cracking result first... :scarf:

Nov 4, 2012
We must be due a draw in this fixture. When was the last time we shared the points? I think I'd take a point. A promotion 6 pointer!

Jul 29, 2010
We've gotta pray the injuries to Sonny and Ryan Taylor are minor and the injuries to Reuben and Watkins are not. That would even things up a bit, more disruption for them than us.

Huge game.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
They are the form team in the league and scoring for fun now.

Bare in mind their dreadful home form at the start of the season to be in the playoff positions seems astonishing.

We need to deal with them and put the run to an end next week which will be hard given their away record. They must have a set game plan so hopefully DA can counter it.

Want to smash them at home but TBH I would take a draw to halt their progress at this stage

Feb 2, 2007
Just spoke to a city fan who had been at their game today. Reckons Reubs was sick not injured but very worried about Watkins injury. Wheeler can't stop scoring. Crewe were awful though.

T

Tim Wallace

They might be the form team right now and are scoring goals a plenty, so we need to be on our very best to counteract that. The attitude of the players in the home game against Livetpool springs to mind. All players working for each other, and us as fans getting behind the team, creating a memorable atmosphere. 3 points is a must, nothing less.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
GreenArmy1984":2glyck7v said:
Ready for the biggest game of the season

Massive Devon Derby vs Exeter City

Bring it ON :scarf:

The next "biggest" game of the season. We've had quite a few this year and more to come before the end of the season. No need to treat this as anything other than 3 points on offer to the winner. Neither ours or their season will be ruined by losing on Saturday.

Oct 31, 2015
Ade the green":3fgl4zb6 said:
GreenArmy1984":3fgl4zb6 said:
Ready for the biggest game of the season

Massive Devon Derby vs Exeter City

Bring it ON :scarf:

The next "biggest" game of the season. We've had quite a few this year and more to come before the end of the season. No need to treat this as anything other than 3 points on offer to the winner. Neither ours or their season will be ruined by losing on Saturday.

Agree with this. Just another game on Saturday. I suspect there are more important games coming up probably in March

Status
Not open for further replies.