Big Green Lottery ticket priority? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Big Green Lottery ticket priority?

Does anyone know definitively if being a member of the Big Green Lottery gives members priority of booking tickets.

I ask as I was sure it did, in fact that was one of the selling points for me (along with discount on season ticket, which has now stopped).

I've just been up to buy Cambridge away tickets from the box office and enquired where the Big Green Lottery members would come in the pecking order (same time as green, or along with white etc) and was told they would be at the same time as General sale (call me stupid but that's no priority right?).

The lady behind counter said that although they did it for Liverpool, Big Green Lottery members get no enhanced priority normally.

Is this correct, as I'm not sure that's how I read it on signing up?

I'll give them a call, but to be honest I've not found them the most dynamic department for responding to enquires, hence also asking here.

P.S, whilst on the subject, are the 'money can't buy prizes' still happening for our home wins (think that's what it was), the match day experiences, etc. I often see the £10 winners announced but haven't heard anything about these other prizes.

TIA

Tewkesbury Green

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 21, 2006
I certainly thought it gave priority. We were able to purchase Liverpool home tickets in advance of general sale (although you had to do it in person which made it impossible for me).
I also remember getting Wembley tickets online ahead of general sale.
Maybe the person you spoke to isn't aware of this or perhaps they have changed it? I hope not as this was an important factor in me signing up, behind helping the academy of course.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I am a BGL member.

For Anfield tickets, I was told members had same priority as White Members. I purchased mine on Boxing Day morning.

Others will know better than me, but yes there are the non cash prizeso too.

zakbrown96

✅ Evergreen
Mar 22, 2013
I'm also a big green lottery member they said you have too go in person and have same rights as white member with regards to getting tickets. Um I'd also like too know what the one of a kind prizes are after we win home games as i swear they don't do them.

Just to clarify, I did indeed have priority for the Liverpool game (on same tier as Green and white members).

However I've been told today at the box office this is the exception to the rule and there is no enhanced priority for tickets on a weekly basis.

Obviously this is disappointing as I was sure this was advised as the case and away games always prove more popular this time of year.

Hopefully clarification on the situation will be forth coming soon.

Its a great scheme and I love supporting the Academy, however do feel a little short changed currently

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Davie nine usually is in touch with all things BGL Leeder. He might know.

I, too, will be disappointed if the T & C's have been changed.

Apr 6, 2009
I would also like to know the answer to some of these questions. I felt sure there was a priority

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Their website is still under the old name of the Argyle Foundation, however all the benefits are listed on the join up page:

Argyle Foundation

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
katkin":30y20u8d said:
So should we be getting a 5% rebate on our season tickets?
Yes, they've done that since day one. I think it was a case of letting them know when you buy your season ticket and then the refund comes from the lottery department.

I was told in the Seniors Greens meeting a few months ago by the guy who runs the BGL but name currently escapes me that they've scraped the season ticket refund (despite it still being mentioned in my season ticket paperwork when I received it).

Apr 6, 2009
Oh I've never received the rebate. I forgot about free travel club membership. Perhaps I need to email the club

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The guy you have mentioned is Tim Herbert who also reports on the Academy website relating to under 18 and SWPL games. 'Cheshire Green' is right that I try to keep in touch with BGL matters. I have advised Tim that Leeder is concerned, as I am, about the ticket priorities for BGL members. Hopefully, he will respond and I will report back.

I also referred to the BGL in my feedback email to the club.

Tim that's it, a very nice chap.

Thanks for passing it on, hopefully he can clarify so we all know where we are at and if need be this information can be passed onto the ticket office, as the current confusion isn't helpful for anyone.

I was going to feed back to the club that it would be great if BGL lottery members could have their membership/priority status added to their account, so they could purchase tickets online (particularly important for exiles), however seems I was a step too far in front.

Kat, I've never received a rebate and was definitely told by both Ellen Shine and Tim Herbert that this has been stopped, I think they should consider removing the old Argyle Foundation website tbh.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
This message just received from Jon Back, Club Secretary :-

I can answer one point quickly; definitively BGL members have the same privileges as White Members.
I'll email the ticketing team to clarify / remind of this tonight.
You're welcome to quote me!
Cheers
Jon