Comparison to Previous Seasons | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Comparison to Previous Seasons

Aug 5, 2005
We currently have 51 points from 25 games.

Last season we had 52 points from 25 games, but having won the previous four games it was from this point that the rot set in.

In the final 21 games of the season our record was

Won 8
Drew 5
Lost 8

Giving us 29 points from the last 21 games, an average of 1.38 points per game.

Coincidentally, in 2001/2 and 2003/4 we were also on 52 points after 25 games. We went on to gain another 50 points in 2001/2 and 38 points in 2003/4.

J

Jambo

Funnily enough I was looking at those same stats from last season earlier this evening. I'm quietly confident we'll get the points we need this time. There are a number of reasons for this. I believe this team has more heart and character and despite the injuries we have a deeper squad with more options available to mix things up. I also feel Adams has learnt a lot from our shortcomings during the second half of last season and won't make the same mistakes again. The return of Spencer and Brunt will be huge too

Apr 30, 2011
I think the big factor that could work in our favour is the tightening of emergency loan signings. Smaller squads will struggle with injuries and suspension, inspite of picking up a few injuries recently we should have money to bring a couple more players in and enough depth in the squad to avoid being significantly weakened should we suffer injuries and suspensions during the run in. Smaller clubs won't be able to afford to have this luxury.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Jambo":1qm0iz2t said:
Funnily enough I was looking at those same stats from last season earlier this evening. I'm quietly confident we'll get the points we need this time. There are a number of reasons for this. I believe this team has more heart and character and despite the injuries we have a deeper squad with more options available to mix things up. I also feel Adams has learnt a lot from our shortcomings during the second half of last season and won't make the same mistakes again. The return of Spencer and Brunt will be huge too
We won't see Spencer and Brunt until March at the earliest.

If we are serious about promotion we have £1 million of unbudgeted income and we have to strengthen now; I'm sure Adams and Brent know that.

Extending Tanner and Garita is not strengthening, it's just consolidating what we already have.

We need 2 more quality signings as well.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
33 points from 21 games will do it. I think Doncaster will win the league but we'll finish in the top 3 above Carlisle.

Aug 18, 2015
Quizmike":26v5e1du said:

Last season we had 52 points from 25 games, but having won the previous four games it was from this point that the rot set in.

Won 8
Drew 5
Lost 8

Coincidentally, in 2000/1 and 2003/4 we were also on 52 points after 25 games. We went on to gain another 50 points in 2000/1 and 38 points in 2003/4.
2000/01? Come on , get the right season.

Aug 5, 2005
greencard":3fetipdf said:
Quizmike":3fetipdf said:

Won 8
Drew 5
Lost 8

Coincidentally, in 2000/1 and 2003/4 we were also on 52 points after 25 games. We went on to gain another 50 points in 2000/1 and 38 points in 2003/4.
2000/01? Come on , get the right season.

Yep my mistake. I meant 01/02. Thanks for the heads up on the error. Now corrected In the original post.

Aug 5, 2016
mervyn":xuorw6ir said:
Can't see this squad folding like last year.

At quarter past 3 yesterday I could! A strong feeling in the gut area of 'here we go again'....

The boys rallied back brilliantly though with a number of standout performances.

Hopefully an indication that this season we have more ability, spirit and mental strength in the ranks.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Undoubtedly a stronger squad with much better options off the bench, the manager will have learnt from last season, hopefully the board will have too reference strengthening in January, the new loan rules will help us as well compared to most other clubs, so all in all I am confident about that top 3 spot at the end of the season, joining Donny and Pompey in League 1.