Grimsby fans well done | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grimsby fans well done

May 3, 2016
Just left the Green Taverner's tent having had a few beers with the Grimsby fans.

What a pleasant bunch of lads and lassies, no boasting just happy their team won.

New manager new tactics, just happy to be in this division, if you think our division is bad listen to what they said about the lower division.

Explained our bubble was going to burst, and I am glad it was against a good team, they come here with a plan and on the day played better than us and deserved their win, we were rubbish today in every area.

The defeat will hopefully bring us back to reality, nobody said it was going to be easy.

Hope the Grimsby fans enjoy their steak in the "Lockyer's Quay" and a pleasant journey home.

See you on in May as champions.

Even our stewards acted normal when the gate opened giving access to the pitch.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Well said.

Fully deserved the victory and they can go home tonight feeling very satisfied

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Yeah and "is there a fire drill, is there a fire drill" when people were leaving with 10 mins to go.
"top of the league and you don't sing "

Fair play to them

Nov 4, 2012
The Grimsby fans were outstanding and are a credit to football. It's a shame our players put in without doubt the worst performance of the season and gave us absolutely nothing to shout about.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
Did someone say there was a minute silence or a 90 minute silence??

That for a 10000 attendance was the worst atmosphere ever. Are we top of the league or bottom? Any other club would have their home ground bouncing after a run were had. Not Argyle though. Great turnout but one fan was watching a premiership match during the second half on his phone. I mean come on. Let's see a bit more singing and getting behind the players on Tuesday.

Argyle might have to improve first Tuesday but so does the vocal support.

Grimsby fans were class today. Credit were it's due.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
samjones":2r3vambs said:
Yeah and "is there a fire drill, is there a fire drill" when people were leaving with 10 mins to go.

Fair play to them

Let's not get too carried away, they've done nothing the GA don't do every week have they?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
IJN":3bj5pqj3 said:
samjones":3bj5pqj3 said:

Fair play to them

Let's not get too carried away, they've done nothing the GA don't do every week have they?

The green Army is great away but a bit like the team at home we are poor. Dead as a dodo today.
So bad even DA had a swipe at us

May 3, 2016
Don't worry normal service will be resumed Tuesday back to the loyal 7,000. The extra 3,000 obviously did not know the songs??? It was the same at Wembley.
Lets hope argyle give them something to sing about!

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
area51":2hcji3ce said:
Don't worry normal service will be resumed Tuesday back to the loyal 7,000. The extra 3,000 obviously did not know the songs??? It was the same at Wembley.
Lets hope argyle give them something to sing about!

'Same as Wembley'. Spot on, the same dreadful performance!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Lets hope it not "Pancake " Tuesday.

Night games are usually better for atmosphere under the floodlights. Been a while since Home Park has been rocking at as we are top of the league that's not really right

As the Cod army sung "Your top of the league and you don't sing ?!"

Feb 2, 2007
I was in family zone when I normally sit about half way back in block 3. Not known for its singing and even Pilgrim Pete seems half hearted ATM. Even in block the 3 I feel like the only one singing when immediately round me no one joins in with the singers at the back.

In the family zone all we could hear was the Grimsby fans- they were excellent but it was embarrassing! Think our crowd expect us to win.