BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE - ANOTHER TWIST | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE - ANOTHER TWIST

A

Anonymous

Things are getting very tense.

TOMORROW IS MASSIVE!

1130, Plymouth Pavilions.

Bishop International Limited have today (August 12) assured administrators for Plymouth Argyle Football Company Limited (in administration) that they will complete the purchase of the club next week.

Joint administrator Brendan Guilfoyle said: “Bishop International Limited have categorically confirmed that they will be in a position to complete the sale by no later than close of business next Tuesday August 16. We understand that the only significant issue to overcome in order to complete the deal is for Peter Ridsdale to agree the share transfer with Football League. We have given Peter until next Friday in order to do this.”

The announcement follows an agreement by staff and players to waive a claim against the administrators in respect of their August wages. Brendan Guilfoyle said: “I would like to thank the staff, players and the Professional Footballers’ Association for this decision which now enables the administrators to extend the deadline for completing the sale of the club.

“We are assured by Bishop International Limited that they can complete the deal in the new timeframe.”

Ends

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Chris Webb":v3mtv3ks said:
Things are getting very tense.

TOMORROW IS MASSIVE!

1130, Plymouth Pavilions.

Bishop International Limited have today (August 12) assured administrators for Plymouth Argyle Football Company Limited (in administration) that they will complete the purchase of the club next week.

Joint administrator Brendan Guilfoyle said: “Bishop International Limited have categorically confirmed that they will be in a position to complete the sale by no later than close of business next Tuesday August 16. We understand that the only significant issue to overcome in order to complete the deal is for Peter Ridsdale to agree the share transfer with Football League. We have given Peter until next Friday in order to do this.”

The announcement follows an agreement by staff and players to waive a claim against the administrators in respect of their August wages. Brendan Guilfoyle said: “I would like to thank the staff, players and the Professional Footballers’ Association for this decision which now enables the administrators to extend the deadline for completing the sale of the club.

“We are assured by Bishop International Limited that they can complete the deal in the new timeframe.”

Ends

Was the statement signed in blood (and DNA'd)?

:lol:

C

Charlie Wood

Why is tomorrow massive, Chris? Seems to me all is done and dusted and we'll only receive more of the same reassurances tomorrow. I really can't see we'd be given any straight answers over the FL share transfer queries. Is it a pointless exercise?

M

Marcus The Green

So, it's all down to the football league.

One things that does slightly confuse me.......Heaney said he won't release funds until the Football league have approved the takeover. Takeover should be completed by Tuesday 16th.....but Guilfoyle gives Ridsdale till Friday 19th to gain their approval....anyone else confused :crazy:

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
It's the bit about the FL share transfer that concerns me most in that statement.
If they haven't OK'd it by now, what likelihood is there of them doing so by the end of next week? And if it were me, going on the FL regulations, I wouldn't grant the transfer!
Sounds a bit like Brenda's holding a gun the the Fl's head with that statement as well - "If you don't say yes immediately the club will fold and it'll all be your fault!".

L

lostinleeds

Marcus The Green":2150n55j said:

One things that does slightly confuse me.......Heaney said he won't release funds until the Football league have approved the takeover. Takeover should be completed by Tuesday 16th.....but Guilfoyle gives Ridsdale till Friday 19th to gain their approval....anyone else confused :crazy:

Exactly what I was thinking - but then BG has never been that good with deadlines.

All up to the Riddler/Heaney to see if they can con(vince) the FL of the validity of their plan.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Marcus The Green":1ft7wr4c said:

I think it means they'll be in a position to complete by Tuesday, but can wait until Friday to actually do so if necessary.

T

Tim Chown

So it's imperative the Trust reaffirm to the FL that there *is* another option in Brent. They don't have to bend over for Ridsdale.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Even though these sound like tough words I think they should be taken with a large handful of salt. The Football League haven't approved anything and as far as we know they haven't yet been given all the information they want have they? Even if they get it I think they ought to throw the bid out anyway. It's obvious to all and sundry that Heaney's involvement means he will have serious influence over (interest in) two clubs. If there is a consortium of legitimate businessmen trying to buy the club then why is he even involved? Still a ridiculous situation.

A

Anonymous

Tavypilgrim":2gldt17b said:
tonycholwell":2gldt17b said:
Tavypilgrim":2gldt17b said:
I'll believe it when I see it.

It would appear not long now Tavy, all down to the FL, or so it seems.

Good. As much as anything I just want all this to be over, one way or the other.
omg
im so shocked.
i cant believe the deadlines been moved!
wow this is really weird stuff. what a trip!

Mar 2, 2008
Call me an old cynic, but I think its telling that this has been released a day before tomorrow's big meeting at the Pavilions. A press release to fan the flames a bit?

Didn't they release another bit of 'good news' just before the last meeting in the Guildhall?