Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   IJN Payments
End of Season:

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:30 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:03 pm
Location: Spitting distance from Sid James Park
Or perhaps the council have privately told the trust that it's quite likely that something can be arranged, but would rather not have to confirm that to all and sundry for political reasons? I only say that in the interests of fairness, because the good people of Pasoti on the whole cannot be trusted with an ambiguous sentence.

The suggestion that the Trust have misled the FL is just as plausible, although I personally find it slightly harder to believe.

_________________
I think he's a decent chap.
It's times like this when a chap needs to be decent.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:44 am
Location: Launceston
Brian Rix would have had a field day with this script! (Apologies to younger readers!)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:05 pm
Location: Dorset
KeithB wrote:
Brian Rix would have had a field day with this script! (Apologies to younger readers!)


But who'll be the first to lose their trousers?

_________________
Chris


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:44 pm 

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:06 am
Since receipt of your letter we have also spoken with the City Council who expressed the view that whilst they do not entirely agree with the position you attribute to them in your letter,

Will VP or at least a representative for her from PCC be involved in the teleconference of the committee this evening ?
As I believe she was unable to attend the last meeting due to diary commitments..

In order to make the Contingency Plan realistic, it is widely acknowledged that their (PCC) support is not only vital but has to surely be 100% committed to the cause, agreement in principle is not on the menu as far as I am concerned if / when KH/BIL are removed from this process. We have all had enough of fudging the issues now.

_________________
Pay him up and thank him JB.. Mr Reid will always be an Argyle Legend.


Last edited by Arch Stanton on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Online
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:06 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:17 am
Good to hear noises coming from the Football League that are NOT the sound of a tabby cat purring as it rolls over to have it's tummy tickled. It's either a small glimmer of hope that all is not entirely lost with the morals of footballing authorities or a bit of a tease, not exactly showing teeth but implying they have some, before they capitulate and give this shambolic set-up and even more shambolic administration process the green light.

_________________
Keep calm and support Argyle


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:12 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: Somerset
ScratchyMattress wrote:
Or perhaps the council have privately told the trust that it's quite likely that something can be arranged, but would rather not have to confirm that to all and sundry for political reasons? I only say that in the interests of fairness, because the good people of Pasoti on the whole cannot be trusted with an ambiguous sentence.

The suggestion that the Trust have misled the FL is just as plausible, although I personally find it slightly harder to believe.

In which case it would have been extremely nieve of the Trust to quote them in a letter to the FL wouldn't it? I don't think the Trust would have deliberately set out to deceive anyone.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:22 pm
Location: Plymouth
ScratchyMattress wrote:
Or perhaps the council have privately told the trust that it's quite likely that something can be arranged, but would rather not have to confirm that to all and sundry for political reasons? I only say that in the interests of fairness, because the good people of Pasoti on the whole cannot be trusted with an ambiguous sentence.

The suggestion that the Trust have misled the FL is just as plausible, although I personally find it slightly harder to believe.




Yes,that is true.

_________________
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: Somerset
X Isle wrote:
Good to hear noises coming from the Football League that are NOT the sound of a tabby cat purring as it rolls over to have it's tummy tickled. It's either a small glimmer of hope that all is not entirely lost with the morals of footballing authorities or a bit of a tease, not exactly showing teeth but implying they have some, before they capitulate and give this shambolic set-up and even more shambolic administration process the green light.

Don't get your hopes up X-Isle. Bear in mind this is only a letter to a Fan's Trust and the FL appear to have only set out the basics of their policy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Online
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:07 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:17 am
BALDY-OG wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Good to hear noises coming from the Football League that are NOT the sound of a tabby cat purring as it rolls over to have it's tummy tickled. It's either a small glimmer of hope that all is not entirely lost with the morals of footballing authorities or a bit of a tease, not exactly showing teeth but implying they have some, before they capitulate and give this shambolic set-up and even more shambolic administration process the green light.

Don't get your hopes up X-Isle. Bear in mind this is only a letter to a Fan's Trust and the FL appear to have only set out the basics of their policy.


It's more potent than the letter I got a couple of weeks ago, I choose to take that as a hardening of resolve. I had low hopes anyway mind Baldy, and they won't rise much.

_________________
Keep calm and support Argyle


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:56 pm 
BALDY-OG wrote:
ScratchyMattress wrote:
Or perhaps the council have privately told the trust that it's quite likely that something can be arranged, but would rather not have to confirm that to all and sundry for political reasons? I only say that in the interests of fairness, because the good people of Pasoti on the whole cannot be trusted with an ambiguous sentence.

The suggestion that the Trust have misled the FL is just as plausible, although I personally find it slightly harder to believe.

In which case it would have been extremely nieve of the Trust to quote them in a letter to the FL wouldn't it? I don't think the Trust would have deliberately set out to deceive anyone.


Right, Lets clear up this one and a couple of others reference the Councils position v Trusts letter.

The Trusts letter was neither misleading nor naive. Thats for the vote of support though!

What we did was to push the point that the Council were bought into the contingency plan and would, if it was a last resort consider buying the ground. The Football League have gone to them and said "would you buy the ground?" They have (as all politicians would ans also as they have to whilst a PB is in place) that "we would consider all options".

This is the difference. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone expecting the CC to come out in the open and say they will buy the ground is barking up the wrong tree. They have repeatedly stated that if the PBs failed they would consider all options. We are not at that point yet.

The FL letter does not mean that the Trust and CC are singing from different hymn sheets. It means that politians are being politicial - surprise, surprise!

Right back to the Conference call report!


Top
  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:57 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Plympton
Chris - forgive me if I am being thick, but I have just heard what Brenda had to say on the radio this morning, and now I have just read the Football League's response to you.

Brenda specifically said that the deal with the PB's was conditional on the PBs getting the 'share' - so, they won't pay up until that share is there's! Ok, but the League is saying that it requires total transparency from the PB's on who will own the club (and they have yet to received that).

So, my reasoning is that -

1. The Football League is not able to move forward because of BIL's secrecy, and BIL appears in no rush to step down from its perch (why only they know);

2. BIL will not move forward until the Football League gives them the nod (which the League will not do until it gets the info it needs).

We therefore have a perfect stand-off!

Meanwhile, Heaney has apparently told Brenda he has other sources for the estimated £5M, but would rather use the sale of land (that has yet to go through).

Brenda tells us he is contracted to BIL, but surley BIL has killed that obligation already by failing to meet deadlines and failing to meet the fully agreed exclusivity payment.

What a complete and utter farce Brenda has created. Surely he is finished! He must be an extremely worried man!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:49 pm 

Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:20 pm
Chris Webb wrote:
BALDY-OG wrote:
ScratchyMattress wrote:
Or perhaps the council have privately told the trust that it's quite likely that something can be arranged, but would rather not have to confirm that to all and sundry for political reasons? I only say that in the interests of fairness, because the good people of Pasoti on the whole cannot be trusted with an ambiguous sentence.

The suggestion that the Trust have misled the FL is just as plausible, although I personally find it slightly harder to believe.

In which case it would have been extremely nieve of the Trust to quote them in a letter to the FL wouldn't it? I don't think the Trust would have deliberately set out to deceive anyone.


Right, Lets clear up this one and a couple of others reference the Councils position v Trusts letter.

The Trusts letter was neither misleading nor naive. Thats for the vote of support though!

What we did was to push the point that the Council were bought into the contingency plan and would, if it was a last resort consider buying the ground. The Football League have gone to them and said "would you buy the ground?" They have (as all politicians would ans also as they have to whilst a PB is in place) that "we would consider all options".

This is the difference. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone expecting the CC to come out in the open and say they will buy the ground is barking up the wrong tree. They have repeatedly stated that if the PBs failed they would consider all options. We are not at that point yet.

The FL letter does not mean that the Trust and CC are singing from different hymn sheets. It means that politians are being politicial - surprise, surprise!

Right back to the Conference call report!


From another thread -As back up plan, contingency for the contingency(!) could the Trust look at the University to invest. Wrexham are in a similar mess to us and their Trusts plan is for their local Uni to buy their assets, rent back etc. I just cant see the Council agreeing to buy the ground with a Tory majority but the Uni is loaded. Could use the land for student accommodation for example.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:52 pm
There are other options of course council buy ground short term and sell on to fans via the Trust perhaps guarantee a mortgage or sell part of ground to fans say the pitch...recouping some of the money

It doesn't have to be all or nothing


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abbotsway, Ade the green, Alex, Allan, Andy Holland, andyplym, Argy1e, arrythewurzel, BenPAFC96, Biggs, bringonthemilkman, BudeGreen73, Caribou, chichestergreen, Chip green, Chobham Green, Cobi Budge, come on, crownhillpilgrim, Cult Of Personality, Cussbagz, David Doidge, David_Fisher, Deacster, dennis the menace, dje49, Dreamgreen, Duncan Rice, Eddie, elburtontrev, FergfromStow, Fergy, finegreen, Floyd_Pepper, freddie2greens, Gary_Wills, GM Vauxhall, Google Adsense [Bot], gordon bennett, Graham Evans, Green Armchair, Green as Grass, green eyed monster, Green_Matt, green_pants, greenarmy68, greencard, greendan47, Greenheart, greenmarc, greenplumber, Greenrod, GreensOnScreen, Guiri Green, guzzvaliant, halforddale, Ham Green, HC Green, Herts_Green, honicknowle_pete, Ian Coath, ivordewdney, jespafc, jimsing, jlm, jollygreenjohn, jont1974, justanotherfan, Keepitgreen, Ken Beale, keyser soze, khennes_904, Knarf Reprah, landons forehead, leamgreen, LeonTheGreen, Lesley Somerville, Liam Vercoe, lipsonlad67, Lord-Of-The-Realm, loyal1970, Lundan Cabbie, Lustymike9, lyndhurst green, Majestic-12 [Bot], Marco_Polo, Mark Jenkin, Mark Pedlar, Martyn, McQ, meetoo, mercedes, Metal_Green_Mickey, MH1, Mick_Wing, mikegreen'smoustache, ming the merciless, Mister Green, moles40, Nannygreenthing, ninjamissile, Ollieargyle9, PAFC150479, pearces greens, Penlee, Phil50006, PicassoPigeon, PilgrimZ1R, ping_g5, Piran-Pilgrim, PL15 Green, plymade, Plymouth1963, PlymouthCasual, Plymstock808, Poolepilgrim, porkchop, Purbeck pilgrim, Quizmike, raffertymariner, Ray the Aviator, robbieB, rongreenblood, rsp4, samjones, Sean, skynet, slingsby_pobble, soccerpilgrim, Steve Evans, Steve Wooldridge, Steve.PAFC2012, Stuart_Bloye, swendies, Swillyboy, SwimWithTheTide, The Doctor, The Duke, themightykeithfear, Tom Cobbley, Trevor_Scallan, Tugboat, up_the_line, Welwyn Pilgrim, wemburygreen67, West_Norwood_Green, Westbury Green, widdeboy, WidewellGreen, Willis88 and 828 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Specialist Vehicles




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.