Big Green Lottery tonight | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Big Green Lottery tonight

greenplumber

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Jun 10, 2015
What a complete farce it is, l am one of the lucky 10 selected and very pleased to be so, but only found out 3days ago that l was in it. There were no calls made to me nor an email to say that I was selected so l had to contact Argyle to find out what was happening, l get the final details today at 1030 indicating that I have to be at Home Park for 1730 tonight it is just not going to happen, such a shame, l feel for all the others that cannot turn up tonight as they live far and wide and not in the local area. Itā€™s late night shopping in Plymouth as well the traffic is awful. I know what the format is for tonightā€™s draw but will not say as it might spoil it for others. Just wish it was organised better and on a 1st team match day, so that we could alll enjoy the Day irrespective of who wins. Good luck to all the participants tonight. Rant over. Good luck to the team for tonight.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That really isn't good enough.

I'm not sure what it is about this competition but the running of it leaves a lot to be desired, for whatever the reason.

Someone needs to sort it out.

greenplumber

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Jun 10, 2015
It does Ian, such a shame, it seems it has been all done at the last minute and the format for the draw is rubbish. I feel for the people that have been selected who cannot go for a variety of reasons tonight, I enjoyed meeting the people the last time I was in it. It should be held on 1st team match day at the weekend so the majority of people can attend. I suspect there may be only 4 of the ten there tonight.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
It is such a brilliant concept but it is such a shame that the running of it has been a shambles from day one.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
greenplumber":1oa8uf1q said:
What a complete farce it is, l am one of the lucky 10 selected and very pleased to be so, but only found out 3days ago that l was in it. There were no calls made to me nor an email to say that I was selected so l had to contact Argyle to find out what was happening, l get the final details today at 1030 indicating that I have to be at Home Park for 1730 tonight it is just not going to happen, such a shame, l feel for all the others that cannot turn up tonight as they live far and wide and not in the local area. Itā€™s late night shopping in Plymouth as well the traffic is awful. I know what the format is for tonightā€™s draw but will not say as it might spoil it for others. Just wish it was organised better and on a 1st team match day, so that we could alll enjoy the Day irrespective of who wins. Good luck to all the participants tonight. Rant over. Good luck to the team for tonight.

I feel for you to feel excluded almost before you knew you had a chance.

What is wrong with drawing 1 number to win? Why the afters which could lead to one being at an advantage over the other 9. Even getting there it seems will be too much for most.

Jul 28, 2017
I am one of the finalists as well. Like green plumber I had no idea I was a finalist until I had a phone call from Argyle two days ago.

Apparently details were posted on the Argyle website late last month but no-one contacted me until this week!

I would have tried to get to the game with a bit more notice but canā€™t get up there tonight as I am working until late.

Sadly another case of the Argyle communications department messing up.

Good luck to tonightā€™s winner.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Devon General":1842su2c said:
I am one of the finalists as well. Like green plumber I had no idea I was a finalist until I had a phone call from Argyle two days ago.

Apparently details were posted on the Argyle website late last month but no-one contacted me until this week!

I would have tried to get to the game with a bit more notice but canā€™t get up there tonight as I am working until late.

Sadly another case of the Argyle communications department messing up.

Good luck to tonightā€™s winner.
I feel for all the finalists but lets not blame this on the communications department. It's a lack of communication from the BGL department.
Good luck to you all (although I suppose it's been drawn by now??)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Iā€™ve rejected quite a few phone calls from an Unknown number this week... Probably a marketing call, but I now have a bad feeling about it reading this thread! :shocked:

I havenā€™t been entirely confident in this for a while now. I was reassured that everything was OK a few months ago, but the complete lack of wins or info (other than that very helpful response from Davie Nine passed onto Tim Herbert) for about a year doesnā€™t feel right.

There were bank account issues where members were asked to redo their direct debits around the same time as the rebrand to BGL... I donā€™t know if that has anything to do with possible problems?

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":1xlikoq3 said:
Iā€™ve rejected quite a few phone calls from an Unknown number this week... Probably the usual marketing calls, but I now have a bad feeling about it reading this thread!

I havenā€™t been entirely confident in this for a while now. I was reassured that everything was OK a few months ago, but the complete lack of wins or info (other than that very helpful response from Davie Nine/Tim Herbert) for about a year doesnā€™t feel right.
The concept itself is fine Biggs, it just need improving communication wise. I've been in it since it started as it was a way of helping the academy and feel chuffed to bits that my little contribution every month has helped towards achieving such a fantastic result as tonight's for the youth team.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Oh yeah, I obviously donā€™t care about not getting the wins. Just adds to a feeling I might not have been in the system.

To be fair, Iā€™m sure everything is fine in that regard after the reassurance from Tim et al.

This thread and the missed calls just made me nervous, but a check of the BGL site says I wasnā€™t on the list, so ignore me!

Apr 6, 2009
I often wonder if I'm on the list! But I think I just don't have the luck to ever win!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":kocset7t said:
Oh yeah, I obviously donā€™t care about not getting the wins. Just adds to a feeling I might not have been in the system.

To be fair, Iā€™m sure everything is fine in that regard after the reassurance from Tim et al.

This thread and the missed calls just made me nervous, but a check of the BGL site says I wasnā€™t on the list, so ignore me!

Having only recently joined, isnā€™t it the case that there used to be Ā£10 wins which have now been scrapped so instead of 10 winners per week and 1 raffle winner each month itā€™s now only 5 winners instead of 41 winners (average) a month?

Itā€™s never very clear where money is concerned at Argyle and I did question once about the numbers of Grandstand winners in the 50/50 but thatā€™s more likely to be the way a tombola works and the last tickets in will always stay at the top of the pile.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":3qnqfikd said:
Biggs":3qnqfikd said:

Having only recently joined, isnā€™t it the case that there used to be Ā£10 wins which have now been scrapped so instead of 10 winners per week and 1 raffle winner each month itā€™s now only 5 winners instead of 41 winners (average) a month?

Itā€™s never very clear where money is concerned at Argyle and I did question once about the numbers of Grandstand winners in the 50/50 but thatā€™s more likely to be the way a tombola works and the last tickets in will always stay at the top of the pile.
Taken off their website:

AS part of numerous improvements to the Big Green Lottery in recent months, we are now delighted to announce a brand new weekly rollover to replace the 10 x Ā£10 winners drawn out each week.

The rollover amount will now start at Ā£100 and increase by Ā£100 each week, with the first draw this week.

On the mechanics of the draw, each member already has a combination of 4 numbers from 1-32. For example, Mr Smith may have 5, 12, 19, 23 and Mr Jones 2,10, 22, 29.

Each week, we will draw out four numbers and the system automatically tells us if those numbers are matched by a BGL Member. This process will be repeated 10 times (unless matched earlier), so ten chances to win each week.

If there is still no match, the draw will rollover to Ā£200 on week twoā€¦and so on until there is a winner.

Given the amount of members currently in the Big Green Lottery, it is estimated we will have a winner once every four to five weeks.

As well as the weekly rollover, members of the Big Green Lottery are entered into a monthly draw for Ā£500, the grand annual draw for Ā£12,000 and monthly money canā€™t buy prizesā€¦plus a discount in the Argyle Superstore and big match ticket priority.

Apr 27, 2009
Its not been perfect over the years and there were many times in the past I had to point out that they had stopped taking my payments .

The last 12 months however have been fine, had to setup a direct payment but can't fault it now. Great cause and potentially a few quid in it for the end of year winner.