Please, not at Argyle (pitch side adverts) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Please, not at Argyle (pitch side adverts)

Been to a number of games in the sarf east over the past month, and surprised how many clubs are sporting moving ads around the perimeter of the pitch throughout the game. Annoys me intensely. Distracting, and occasionally the ball merges with a similar colour ad background.

I've not kept up with all the discussion on our stadium development, but really hope it doesn't happen here.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
If it brings in a few hundred thousand a year...bring it on.

Aug 10, 2006
they had it at wigan Tuesday night game bloody annoying must be distracting for the players.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Money talks so can't see it being very long before we have it installed.

Jan 6, 2007
We have had them in the past on the lyndhurst side, watching from the grandstand they got right on my wick, very distracting especially under floodlights where they appeared brighter. Only really used for tv games so hardly likely to affect us for a while.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
That's one reason we are regarded as a footballing backwater, resisting change and not moving with the times. I'm sure the board will or have already looked into many commercial ventures to increase revenue. Bring it on I say.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
I watch a lot of European games live and they truly are bleddy distracting :(

Jan 6, 2007
lilcol":3f39nr0k said:
That's one reason we are regarded as a footballing backwater, resisting change and not moving with the times. I'm sure the board will or have already looked into many commercial ventures to increase revenue. Bring it on I say.
Like a scoreboard lol
They have to be commercially viable and I doubt they are if you're not regularly on tv. We had them for the Liverpool game last year because of the potential live audience (the reason they were only on the lyndhurst side). Can't see us getting big bucks for a league 1 game at home to Bury. I'm not opposed to them if the revenue is good, I'm just saying they don't improve the experience for attending supporters, in fact they are distracting.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Mark Jenkin":25r5yra4 said:
lilcol":25r5yra4 said:
Like a scoreboard lol
They have to be commercially viable and I doubt they are if you're not regularly on tv. We had them for the Liverpool game last year because of the potential live audience (the reason they were only on the lyndhurst side). Can't see us getting big bucks for a league 1 game at home to Bury. I'm not opposed to them if the revenue is good, I'm just saying they don't improve the experience for attending supporters, in fact they are distracting.

Wouldn’t have been a bad idea to be distracted for most of the season so far.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
mervyn":1s1qla3l said:
Been to a number of games in the sarf east over the past month, and surprised how many clubs are sporting moving ads around the perimeter of the pitch throughout the game. Annoys me intensely. Distracting, and occasionally the ball merges with a similar colour ad background.

I've not kept up with all the discussion on our stadium development, but really hope it doesn't happen here.

I bet they were mostly Championship and Premiership? If games are not consistently televised these moving ads lose their commercial effectiveness. We did experience them for the first time at Argyle during the Liverpool FA Cup replay earlier this year.

Whilst we talk of advertising hoardings, I just wonder how they will effect the aesthetic front facade of the reformed new grandstand as and when it is constructed. I know the current advertising brings good revenue, but some of them are beginning to look dated IMHO

May 16, 2016
Didnt we have some on the Lyndhurst side for a while ? Not the televised game type ones, but a fixed orangey coloured pair. I'm sure I read that they were a distraction .

Any form of revenue should be investigated. I've seen games on TV where they superimpose virtual advertising banners either side of the goals. A bit like the current Sky 'Trompe L'oeil' ones.

Aug 5, 2016
Watching Match of the Day, I always think a dog is on the pitch with that one advert. How the players avoid getting distracted by it is a mystery.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I didn't like it at first but it doesn't bother me anymore. You eventually become so use to it, you don't notice it (but don't tell the advertisers)