• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

No longer able to get video and Radio Devon on iFollow

MikeD

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Oct 20, 2003
Calgary, Canada
Up to now I have been able to watch all matches with the sound muted on the video stream and listen to the Radio Devon commentary through another tab on my browser. I found the video to be around 7 seconds ahead of the commentary but by pausing the video briefly I have been able to get them more or less in sync.

Today however I loaded the two tabs as usual but received a message on one that reads

"Please note it is not possible to play two streams concurrently. Check that that your account is not signed in on any other device or on a separate tab of your browser."

I contacted iFollow and they said:

"We have updated our system to be in line with our terms and conditions as our subscription is a single sign on subscription. Consequently this functionality will no longer be avalible."

and:

"The choice of whether or not to have commentary or neutral sound/crowd noise is one made by the club. After consultation with fans some clubs to go with a natural sound/crowd noise experience.

Since then there has been a lot of feedback from fans requesting commentary over matches and as such they may decide to change this in the future.

For more information I would suggest contacting the club directly."

Anyone else very disappointed about this?

Grrrrrr! :furious:

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Unbelievable

Jul 19, 2014
Yep very disappointed with this. Another forum member experienced the same and said to keep trying but I still haven't managed to get both playing.

The irritating thing is in the audio options they have "home", "away" or "English" to choose from which don't change anything on the stream at all. Couldn't they have an option for either commentary or stadium/crowd noise there?

Also, the current stadium crowd noise is out of sync too and has been on every stream I've watched on iFollow. Someone will score (not usually us!) and the crowd won't make a sound until 3 seconds later!
There's no option to resync this in any way, at least with the sound playing in a separate tab you could sync them up by pausing one or the other. If they ever decided to carry the radio comms and video on the same stream it could still be irritatingly out of sync.

Jul 17, 2005
China
Same problem here with the sound being out of sync. Very annoying. I’m currently having a live chat session with ifollow about it but they don’t seem to have any idea.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Another forum member experienced the same and said to keep trying but I still haven't managed to get both playing.

That was me i was able to listen and watch, but in 2nd half i could'nt, audio or video not both

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Jul 17, 2005
China
No use, they have no idea why. Suggestions are clear cache, try different browser, contact internet provider. They also say no reports have been made about this issue.
3 big points!! :scarf: :scarf:

Jul 19, 2014
Ottawa Green":1ql64qn0 said:
Another forum member experienced the same and said to keep trying but I still haven't managed to get both playing.

That was me i was able to listen and watch, but in 2nd half i could'nt, audio or video not both

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Yep, I tried logging in and out, restarting laptop etc but no joy. Faffed around with it for a bit but I was missing the game so gave up and went with just the video, fortunately just in time to catch Grant score.

Funnily though, when he scored I jumped up and my Mrs, who could see me but not the TV, looked at me all confused for 2 or 3 seconds before the audio caught up with the video and the sound of Home Park cheering filled in the blanks for her!

Not just me then. My feed dropped altogether right before the end at 1-1. Turns out we scored right at that point. I tried talking to their help who told me it must be my internet connection. BS. Not even any access to replays until hours later.

They have us expats over a barrel. Charge us the same as NHL, MLB, even Spain Segunda B2 etc, but for a service which could have been bettered during the war. I find it hard to believe that they could even have released the "service" without trialling it first. Absolute rip off and playing on the emotions of overseas fans.

The club is not at fault here, but they need to have the ammunition with which to hit the EFL over a truly substandard product.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Had asked about single stream on iPad a while back:

“Thank you for contacting iFollow Support.

Unfortunately you will not be able to watch and listen to the video streams at the same time with your International Season Pass.

Please note providing commentary is under the club's discretion. iFollow provides a platform whereby clubs are able to utilise as they please. Our platform does not inhibit the type of content our clubs wish to supply as we have some clubs who have adopted the simultaneous approach and other remain with separate feeds. This is simply determined by the club needs and customer demands.

I hope this information was useful, if you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.”

Have to make sure this crap does not auto renew, fell for that with iPlayer. :-(

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
And when the video service doesn’t even work at all, the auto garbage is:

“We are sorry to hear of any inconvenience.

We are not able to offer refunds for iFollow subscriptions, per the terms of service.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the problems you had been facing trying to access iFollow match content.

We are now aware of the issue and it has been investigated. Please note that preventative measures and fixes have been implemented to stop this from happening again.

If you do have any issues like this in the future please contact us via the live chat option on the clubs website and we will endeavour to resolve this as soon as possible.”

Having not articulated the issue beyond it not F’ing working, iMso happy now.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I complained after the Oxford game when I lost the video feed for the 2nd half and they refunded me the one-off fee. If they can do that I don't see why they couldn't issue a small refund on the subscription fee for similar issues.

Jul 19, 2014
Gary_Wills":1pn37c45 said:
Please note providing commentary is under the club's discretion. iFollow provides a platform whereby clubs are able to utilise as they please. Our platform does not inhibit the type of content our clubs wish to supply as we have some clubs who have adopted the simultaneous approach and other remain with separate feeds. This is simply determined by the club needs and customer demands
This is interesting. Does anyone know who at the club we need to email to ask them to start putting the commentary on the same stream as there is now no alternative option?

Watching in the ground is fine obviously, but watching football broadcast on TV has picked up a couple of basic standards over the years, a timer, a scoreboard, replays and audio commentary etc. None of which are now available on this supposed cutting edge service! If the club have the power to add the commentary at the very least then they should make it an option.

Jan 8, 2006
http://www.punditsports.com/

The above link gives a suggestion as to the future of football commentary. It is about time we the fans can get involved and say it how it really is. Who fancies themselves as the next Brian Moore or Jimmy Hill? Sorry to the younger readers!