Lameiras (to Oldham or Bradford?)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He’s a decent player played in the right position for the right style of team.

Bit lightweight for our style thus making him redundant.

Fundamental flaws in last summers recruitment beginning to show and I’m confident he’s not the only player to leave in January.

Good to see the club trying to rectify the shortcoming but what a big boo boo signing so many players that don’t fit in with our methods.

Mar 23, 2008
Seems sensible to clear the wage budget but would be rather galling should he go there and tear it up!!

Jul 29, 2010
Only ever signed as a failsafe if Carey didn't re-sign.

Thankfully he did.

Shame for the lad that his abilities can't be shoehorned into DA's formation with Carey in there, but good for us he comes off the payroll. Bodes well that Carey is clearly staying if his understudy is moving on :wink:

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Reckon he could be a good signing for them, he's got a great touch and it's a shame it hasn't worked out. Have a feeling we could regret not making more of an effort to integrate him into the side.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
2nd rate GC10. Too lightweight IMHO. Men and boys

Its right cold and windy up Oldham so I think he will get blown away

May 8, 2011
samjones":31gxh3fx said:
2nd rate GC10. Too lightweight IMHO. Men and boys

Its right cold and windy up Oldham so I think he will get blown away

I agree with that summary, would also add I’m not convinced about his attitude and commitment, the game that highlighed that for me was the Central League game against Bristol Rovers.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Bit disappointed if true TBH. He has real ability. When he came on against Oxford I made a point of watching him (the game already being dead) and thought he looked really promising. Yes, he's lightweight but very skillful .... did a lovely mazey run into the box but let down with a weakish shot. I've a horrible feeling he'll be another of those whose career blossoms somewhere else.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lameiras has suffered because of the Carey "will he, won't he sign" situation in the summer. He was the contingency signing if Carey didn't return, he's not a winger or a central midfielder with his best position behind the striker, he then lucked out even more when Adams switched to three solid central midfielders.

Our best player during the pre-season games but ultimately a wasted signing.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Excalty. Good ability but just too easily bypassed by opposition.

Given a free role inbetween midfield and striker would see him play to his strengths

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

To be fair to the player, I don't think he's been given much of a chance. I find it quite odd how we've not used players like him or Wylde more given our lowly league position but there we go!