Transfer Window | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Transfer Window

May 8, 2011
hoovermelon":1073xlh5 said:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-adams-what-approach-plymouth-892839

We feel that we have got a good squad and we have competed well in League One already this season.

We have not got the points that we feel we deserve, and adding to it can only enhance the pool (of players).”

Absolute comedy gold

How did that bucks fizz song go ....... in the land of make believe

Please explain why it is comedy gold?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Its true we have competed well in some games but our inability to finish off our chances will cost us.

If only we got Eoin Doyle or Jayden Stockley...

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
HC Green":2rcnsj2k said:
hoovermelon":2rcnsj2k said:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-adams-what-approach-plymouth-892839

We feel that we have got a good squad and we have competed well in League One already this season.

We have not got the points that we feel we deserve, and adding to it can only enhance the pool (of players).”

Absolute comedy gold

It depends what you define "compete" as

I would define "compete" as trying to win a football match as opposed to trying not to lose a football match

We have been totally outplayed all season. That is why we are bottom. Not luck, poor reffing, or the gods, we are not good enough

Hence why we need big time strengthening in January to have a chance of staying up

And wait for it........ a couple of additions is all the budget will allow. And those additions will be "budget" additions and wont strengthen us at all. Getting rid of the dross he signed in the summer and bringing in more dross that no one else wants

But we all knew that anyway

Wish Adams would just stop talking utter b..........t

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I don't think the committment can be doubted but we probably have got the points we deserve with six red cards costing us dear and for every game where Adams thinks we deserved more there will be another where perhaps we got more than we really deserved. At the end of the day the league table doesn't lie. However, a couple of players moved out and a couple of better replacements coming in and we really ought to have enough to pull clear with half a season to play almost in January. He has to get these signings right thoigh, especially with regard to improving our goal threat. Obviously he has to talk us up and the players but fans aren't completely stupid, we are lacking in quality in several areas and it does need addressing.

May 8, 2011
hoovermelon":2141msku said:
HC Green":2141msku said:
hoovermelon":2141msku said:

Absolute comedy gold

I would define "compete" as trying to win a football match as opposed to trying not to lose a football match

We have been totally outplayed all season. That is why we are bottom. Not luck, poor reffing, or the gods, we are not good enough

Hence why we need big time strengthening in January to have a chance of staying up

And wait for it........ a couple of additions is all the budget will allow. And those additions will be "budget" additions and wont strengthen us at all. Getting rid of the dross he signed in the summer and bringing in more dross that no one else wants

Totally outplayed all season? Have to disagree with that observation.

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
HC Green":s7mwsb57 said:
hoovermelon":s7mwsb57 said:
HC Green":s7mwsb57 said:
hoovermelon":s7mwsb57 said:

Absolute comedy gold

Totally outplayed all season? Have to disagree with that observation.

Okay maybe a little harsh. Yes there have been games where we have competed better, namely the ones where we have 11 men on the field. But my point is Adams should be going to Brent and saying if you want to remain in this division, we need some radical changes to this team. Hes kidding himself if he thinks this team is good enough to stay up with a little tweeking

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There seem to be many on these boards who think that Adams (or any football manager) statements to the press, express his true thoughts or what he says in private to players and directors.

Media interviews are PR.

It's fairly obvious that he's treading the line between not demoralising current players, while stating the need for new additions.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":3vvvudcu said:
There seem to be many on these boards who think that Adams (or any football manager) statements to the press, express his true thoughts or what he says in private to players and directors.

Media interviews are PR.

It's fairly obvious that he's treading the line between not demoralising current players, while stating the need for new additions.

Being dishonest to the fans is not helping his cause.

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
Biggs":zbd29y79 said:

Media interviews are PR.

My concern is the quantity and quality of these new additions

It says in the article

Adams does not expect there to be more than a couple of new signings during the transfer window.

Not enough to see us survive i fear

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
hoovermelon":26zrm6pt said:
Biggs":26zrm6pt said:

Media interviews are PR.

My concern is the quantity and quality of these new additions

It says in the article

Adams does not expect there to be more than a couple of new signings during the transfer window.

Not enough to see us survive i fear

I would however always put quality before quantity. Until the in comings are identified and signed will I pass further comment. The biggest hurdle is getting quality to joining a perceived struggling side at the bottom of their division. Hope springs eternal..

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Mr Melon
Firstly I am not in love with Derek or his tactics & concerned with results so far, I am surprised that so many blame the budget without knowing the facts.
How do you know that there are so called limited funds available I appreciate that there is no bottomless pit but is it really that limited, how do we know that Derek spent all of his budget in the summer he mentioned the budget a couple of times but he also thinks we are playing flowing football so how do we know what to believe. For what its worth I think he has been caught out by the higher level of class in league one & has been looking for excuses to divert criticism away from his short comings. If we can get One or two decent quality players in the transfer window & I think we will be OK. It may not be pretty but hopefully we will be fine.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":n9v09lpe said:
Biggs":n9v09lpe said:

Media interviews are PR.

Dishonest?? That's a bit harsh Ade.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Keepitgreen":36nt2tpt said:
Ade the green":36nt2tpt said:
Biggs":36nt2tpt said:

Media interviews are PR.

Dishonest?? That's a bit harsh Ade.

Quite. Would it better if he came out and said too many of the players weren't up to this level? That would be great for morale wouldn't it and result in even worse results and even unhappier fans.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Let us not get carried away with what DA says to the press, he knows the limitations of his squad, the squad knows the limitations of his squad, the fan base knows the limitations of his squad. It is not a case of lying to the support or his players, more a case of saying that he believes that, limitations and a lack of a tangible goal scoring threat notwithstanding, he believes this bunch of players are capable of surviving in League One. I would expect nothing more, look at what Moyse did at Sunderland, from the get go he said they would be in a relegation fight, doh.