Ryan Taylor | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Taylor

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Having come through last nights Checkatrade game with a goal and minutes under his belt, I expect Taylor to start in the cup on Saturday.

I wonder what affect he could have on the rest of our season if he stays fit? Adams rates him a vital cog in our system, so you have got to feel a bit sorry for him that Taylor unluckily broke his ankle so early on (even though we should have had another striker on board at the beginning of the season).

What with Oscar now fit and ready too, these two will hopefully change our season for the better.

If they don't, I fear the worst!

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
He won't add many goals. I wouldn't expect him to come in and score 10/15 goals. Hopefully he allows us to retain the ball a bit better but I don't expect any fireworks cause Taylor is fit again.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I appreciate he's not an out and out goalscorer, but I'm hoping his work rate and ability to bring others into play will make us a more cohesive unit.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Emu":2irh8vui said:
I appreciate he's not an out and out goalscorer, but I'm hoping his work rate and ability to bring others into play will make us a more cohesive unit.

Agree with that. Playing Taylor means Jervis can move out wide where he is far more effective.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Yep, he won't score 10-15 goals but he is a considerable upgrade on Jervis (in that role) and Ciftci. We desperately need a striker who knows where the goal is.

Oct 14, 2015
I'm glad to see both Ryan and Oscar back in action but I don't think they'll be the complete answer to turn our season around. Maybe with both returning it'll allow Sawyer and Jervis to return to their rightful position and that in itself will make us stronger one would hope..

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Whoever, plays the lone role will not score a goal a game or anything close to it. The system hopes that the centre forward, those out wide and normally one of your midfield three will score enough between them.
One of our issues, if Carey (as he prefers) play one of the wide roles and for argument sake JJ the other, then who from central midfield is going to supply goals? I believe the reason DA has been so patient with Sarcevic it that he feels he is the most likely of all those midfield players to score in open play, certainly more likely than Fox, Songoo, Toums, Ness and anyone else in there.
Its whether DA is prepared to sacrifice Carey from his preferred position, and play him in front of (2 from 3) Fox, Toums, Songoo. That allows a front three of Taylor, Jervis, Grant (or Wylde/Ainworth).

My one residing positive (when i'm clinging to by my finger tips) is that apart from 20 minutes at Peterborough, DA has never had what he believes to be our best X1 on the field. Whilst Taylor was injured relatively early in the game, anyone who went that day, whilst frustrated by defeat would have been buoyed, we looked good going forward, whilst we only scored one, its no exaggeration to say it could have been 3 or 4, there GK was comfortably man of the match, i'm clinging to the hope that when Oscar and Ryan Taylor are back upto speed, we will have our preferred outfield players available and in doing so, show a bit more ambition.

Dec 29, 2011
I attended last night and thought Ryan Taylor performed pretty well .He didn't hold back from any challenges and was a handful for Yeovil .He played his normal game.In the second half none of our players showed up.
Oscar had a really poor game .I am putting this down to rustiness.
I don't know what DA said at half time but we were a shambles second half.Also Darren Way changed it round for Yeovil at half time realising that our defence really is slow and if you put quick forwards on we will struggle against pace at any level.
It could be a blessing in disguise getting out of this cup, but the general ability of this current crop of players is deeply worrying,as to whether we can mount a successful fight against relegation

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
The Night Riveria":u54qynud said:
I attended last night and thought Ryan Taylor performed pretty well .He didn't hold back from any challenges and was a handful for Yeovil .He played his normal game.In the second half none of our players showed up.
I don't know what DA said at half time but we were a shambles second half.Also Darren Way changed it round for Yeovil at half time realising that our defence really is slow and if you put quick forwards on we will struggle against pace at any level.
It could be a blessing in disguise getting out of this cup, but the general ability of this current crop of players is deeply worrying,as to whether we can mount a successful fight against relegation

How did Sarcevic perform? Because from what I have seen of him, he brings nothing to the team!

Dec 29, 2011
How did Sarcevic perform? Because from what I have seen of him, he brings nothing to the team

With Sarcevic you get what it says on the tin .Honest endeavour but at least 3 yards off the pace(applied again last night).I thought last year it was lack of fitness.That excuse cannot be used anymore.Unfortunately we are not in a position where we can carry passengers anymore

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
The Night Riveria":su4dozaa said:
How did Sarcevic perform? Because from what I have seen of him, he brings nothing to the team

With Sarcevic you get what it says on the tin .Honest endeavour but at least 3 yards off the pace(applied again last night).I thought last year it was lack of fitness.That excuse cannot be used anymore.Unfortunately we are not in a position where we can carry passengers anymore

Thanks, reinforces my opinion, and that of many others (including yourself), that he is simply not good enough for this team.

Feb 2, 2007
The Night Riveria":z1125yw4 said:

Our second half performances have generally been poor this season.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
I thought with RT back up front, Oscar at RB and sawyer reverting to LB we would solve a lot of our problems but last nights performance ( accepting they are only just fit ) suggests it will take more than that sadly.

Strongest team IMHO if all fit has to be ;
McCormick
Oscar Sonny Edwards Sawyer
Fox Songo
Jervis Carey Grant
Taylor

If we need to be more defensive away to a top team I would drop grant for Toums

Apr 29, 2016
samjones":q56hnzt5 said:
I thought with RT back up front, Oscar at RB and sawyer reverting to LB we would solve a lot of our problems but last nights performance ( accepting they are only just fit ) suggests it will take more than that sadly.

Strongest team IMHO if all fit has to be ;
McCormick
Oscar Sonny Edwards Sawyer
Fox Songo
Jervis Carey Grant
Taylor

If we need to be more defensive away to a top team I would drop grant for Toums

Were you there last night Sam? I thought Ryan played really well in the first half, took loads of balls on his chest and laid them off. We were able to get up field so much quicker and the balls "stuck" and enabled us to start off attacks. Took his goal well and dominated play. In the second half he just ran out of steam and we have to be careful not to overuse the long ball which seemed to end up taxing his stamina even more.

Oscar was played in midfield for most of the game and was probably the most out of sorts with miss placed passes. He ran his socks off though and looks to have got over his injury so the rest will no doubt return in the fullness of time.

Not sure that I could leave Toums out of our best starting 11. He may not be the quickest but his composure on the ball and class gives him that extra second or so over others.

I am concerned who we will have in goal on Saturday though will Hull be happy for Mannion to be cup-tied particularly so early in the competition?