Portsmouth Match Thread (starting on page 5) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Portsmouth Match Thread (starting on page 5)

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I doubt I'll ever have an excuse to start one of these threads again so although there are still 40 hours until kick-off...

Arrived in Portsmouth; settled in to hotel. Historic Dockyard stuff to see tomorrow before meeting daughter coming over from Southampton Uni for our third visit to a Fratton Park in as many years. It'll be a tough game but I reckon 3 points are heading back to Plymouth come Saturday evening... COYG.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Fingers crossed.

Can we please remember though, that it isnā€™t the end of the world if we lose? We maintain OK form for the rest of the season and weā€™ll be easily safe.

Weā€™re going to lose a few even with that OK form, but I can see the rabid Adams Out posts already.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":3uof1aia said:
Fingers crossed.

Can we please remember though, that it isnā€™t the end of the world if we lose? We maintain OK form for the rest of the season and weā€™ll be easily safe.

Weā€™re going to lose a few even with that OK form, but I can see the rabid Adams Out posts already.

Thatā€™s total BS! Why canā€™t people post that we could be better or have a better chance of staying up without dimwits saying the posts are ā€œrabidā€. Itā€™s an opinion based on performances over two seasons and not just one game in Portsmouth and for all our ā€œokā€ form weā€™re only one point off bottom still.

Now youā€™ll retort that thatā€™s what you meant whereas it hacks me off that weā€™re being warned what we can and can not post.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Portsmouth have been up and down with their performances and results of late. So hereā€™s hoping we keep the Fratton Park faithful quiet when we steal the three points.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Iā€™m not ā€˜warningā€™ anyone, just pointing out that it isnā€™t the end of the world if we lose. Because we all know there will be Adams Out posts if we do.

The league table actually looks darn good to me, compared to being cut adrift a few games ago. Weā€™re 5th in the form table for the last 6 games, so concentrating on maintaining anything remotely near that, forgetting about our catastrophic start and not panicking when we do inevitably lose is key.

Back to the game itself, Iā€™m going for another 1-1 draw.

Aug 5, 2016
Well said Biggs. Some fans expect wins every match until we get out of trouble. Football rarely works like that.

After Oxford, I read a fan on here say he didn't see it possible how Argyle could get the sheer points total required to get out of trouble, we were that far behind. The difference was too vast, too insurmountable. One match later and we are only one win away from the side 3 places above the relegation zone with five months of football to play.

If that doesn't sum up how impatient and demanding the modern football supporter is, I don't know what can.

I'm sure Derek Adams won't send Argyle out to defeat, but if we do lose, it won't be the end of the world. We don't need to hear the endless bleating and the calls for a new gaffer, ignoring all the points and the momentum he's gathered in the last eight matches.

It is all about the long term, and Derek Adams will have us well away from trouble by April.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Knibbsworth":eulwd5bt said:
Well said Biggs. Some fans expect wins every match until we get out of trouble. Football rarely works like that.

After Oxford, I read a fan on here say he didn't see it possible how Argyle could get the sheer points total required to get out of trouble, we were that far behind. The difference was too vast, too insurmountable. One match later and we are only one win away from the side 3 places above the relegation zone with five months of football to play.

If that doesn't sum up how impatient and demanding the modern football supporter is, I don't know what can.

I'm sure Derek Adams won't send Argyle out to defeat, but if we do lose, it won't be the end of the world. We don't need to hear the endless bleating and the calls for a new gaffer, ignoring all the points and the momentum he's gathered in the last eight matches.

It is all about the long term, and Derek Adams will have us well away from trouble by April.

After Northampton I read on here that that was what he expected from us in League one totally ignoring the fact that The Cobblers were exactly that. We, none of us need to be told what to think and for everyone that worries weā€™re not good enough to climb out of the relegation places thereā€™s one who thinks we already have. The sad fact is that after our eight games unbeaten run we still find ourselves in the position of another loss for us and a win by Bury and weā€™re stock, Stark bottom again. Argue against that!

Oh! And I donā€™t expect Argyle to win every game until weā€™re safe but I appreciate we would need to because other teams are winning too many times for us to assume we will be safe until it actually happens.

Apr 5, 2008
What are you going on about.We could be out of the bottom four all together after the Pompey match.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
So you wonā€™t accept that we could also be bottom?

I understand that we could be out of the bottom 4 but it would take more results going in our favour. Should it happen I would be ecstatic but it hasnā€™t happened yet. Come back and apologies at 1700 on Saturday if youā€™re wrong because I will if I am.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Knarf Reprah":7b1e5b0a said:
To all the green tints.......we need 51 points to be safe........13 more wins . THAT brings it into focus.

We have 17. So need 34 to reach 51.

13 wins would get us to 56 even assuming all the others were defeats.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Wow, all I wrote was that I reckoned the 3 points would be Argyle's in a vaguely optimistic way and you guys kick off like it's World War III...

Voice of Reason

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
Frank i can only assume from previous threads you choose to be obtuse as you aren't capable of lateral thinking. Maybe anger has totally fogged out all plausible attempts to think things through.

If this magic 51 points is needed, its 34 points required from 27 games, now that can come in any combination, clearly the way DA has decided to play and make us hard to beat, it might be 9 wins and 7 draws are enough. So lets not get hung up about one result. Oxford was massively disappointing for everyone, but the last 6 weeks has seen and shown a real understanding and determination of what we are going to require to stay in the division. There will be disappointments and frustrations along the way of course, that is part and parcel of being a supporter of any club. We can see the players are working hard for the manager and whilst everyone wont like him or his method of playing, its what we've got and it wont be changing anytime soon.

We've done well in recent years and hard fought 1-1 draw, will be no bad thing (of course we all want more).

May 16, 2016
I'd just like to add,

a.) Great win ! We showed them Pompey how to set out to get a gritty win. 3 richly (but much needed) deserved points. Slowly but surely Derek's getting us out of this mess.

Or,

b.) Adams out now. Even the Greenest of Tints can see we're going down. They were there for the taking after our early goal, so do we build on it ? Do we b8ll8cks, sit in our own half and try and defend for 80 minutes. Clueless.

I'm busy tomorrow so I'll do my cut and pasting early.

Jan 3, 2013
Obtuse? Moi? Pmsl.
Tin helmet on, but by your calculations can you honestly see us winning nine more matches?