Redruth Boy

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 17, 2014
Plympton
I was much too slow off the mark when this book was published in 2015. I am now keen to get a copy for a Christmas present. I know that it was written by Russell More and cost around £20. I've had no luck at Home Park superstore or through the Internet. Can anybody help, please?

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
I'm not sure but I believe they were completely sold out RB. I'll ask Russell for you.

Redruth Boy

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 17, 2014
Plympton
Thanks for your help. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Sep 22, 2009
I was planning to post an identical message as I too was much too slow off the mark when this book was published in 2015, but would love to get one for a Christmas present for my father. Any info on if copies are available would be much appreciated.

Redruth Boy

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 17, 2014
Plympton
Thanks for the advice about Waterston. I've just placed an order. I saw it on the Waterstones website earlier but thought I was looking at an out of date page. However, the shop seems to have taken the order.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
I've been in touch with Russell and sadly they have all gone. Even worse, he not only wrote the book but also handled all distribution, apart from some that he took to the club shop. So goodness knows what Waterstones will do with an order. It'll be interesting to hear what happens (apart from having none left anyway, he said he's never had one come through from them).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. The only crumb of comfort is that he intends to publish an updated second edition as and when the grandstand is complete, but unfortunately that'll be at least a couple of years away.

Redruth Boy

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 17, 2014
Plympton
Thanks GreensOnScreen and Russell. My order with Waterstones says "usually dispatched within 3 weeks"!! In my view it is pretty shoddy practice by the bookseller to offer for sale a book that is out of print.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
I quite agree RB. Maybe you could let us know what happens (hopefully you'll get a full refund).

Redruth Boy

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 17, 2014
Plympton
My money is safe because they don't charge one's card until the book is dispatched! I spoke to Chloe in customer services this morning who is going to chase the matter.

Redruth Boy

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 17, 2014
Plympton
Update! Below is an email sent to Waterstones followed by their reply. Looks encouraging, but I'm not holding my breath!

"Thank you for your email and for chasing this matter. 
My query is this: 
Do the suppliers KNOW that they can fulfill the order since, as I mentioned on the phone, I have heard through a third party that the author, Russell More, has no copies and that the book has sold out. 
I'm happy to wait if they can answer my question in the affirmative. But I do need it for Christmas". 

"Thank you for contacting us. I apologise for the delayed response.
They have been us that they can do this but that this will take another 2-3 weeks just because of the delay.
I apologise for the inconvenience" .

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Hmmm... I am not sure I would be setting aside any Christmas wrapping paper in expectation of this item actually arriving. Hopefully it will but the internet is awash with things 'for sale' that are not actually available.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Redruth Boy":2v30dx01 said:
Update! Below is an email sent to Waterstones followed by their reply. Looks encouraging, but I'm not holding my breath!

"Thank you for your email and for chasing this matter. 
My query is this: 
Do the suppliers KNOW that they can fulfill the order since, as I mentioned on the phone, I have heard through a third party that the author, Russell More, has no copies and that the book has sold out. 
I'm happy to wait if they can answer my question in the affirmative. But I do need it for Christmas". 

"Thank you for contacting us. I apologise for the delayed response.
They have been us that they can do this but that this will take another 2-3 weeks just because of the delay.
I apologise for the inconvenience" .
You have a pm