ATS | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

ATS

Sep 17, 2017
I hope for DA’s sake that Taylor Sinclair took a knock,

Because that substitution will take some explaining ?????

Grow some DA and try and Totale a game by the scruff of the neck.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Agreed. Thought ATS was our best player first half and has been very decent on the six game unbeaten run. We then disrupt that defence from the last six games and concede 3. Yet another c*ck up from Adams IF he wasn't injured.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
although ATS defended very well he didn't seem to want to go past the half way line ....the only defence i can put forward is that with 10 men Adams wanted to be bit more attacking thus putting on Miller and switching Sawyer..but by doing that you lose the defensive side of ATS ..but I agree I hope ATS had a injury coz o can't work out what I saw 2nd half

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Didn't look injured to me. It was a tactical substitution by our genius of a manager to add more attacking flair :crazy:

If windy Miller crosses the half way line it takes him another 10 minutes to get back.
Complete waste of a sub in a game we were trailing with 10 men

DA has lost the plot big style and we is going down

Oct 31, 2015
I was really angered by this sub whennit happened.

I didnt think ats was having the best game but thete was no need to tweek the back 4 at all at HT. Why on earth bring on oyr weakest player and disrupt left back and right back. They walked through us for their 3 second half goals.

Their first attack in the second half and their left midfielder walked around Miller as if he wasnt there

People know i want DA gone so I cant say anymore really. Tactical genius!!!!

Jul 6, 2009
Miller is a slow inept defender who can't defend or attack. ATS is a solid defender who does not offer much going forward. There is no doubt Oxford ripped through us more easily after the substitution. Well done Adams another tactical genius decision you clown. League 2 here we come at least we have had months to get used to it.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Not sure where the idea that ATS doesn't go forward comes from, he was sat in behind Grant in the first half; once we went down to 10 men Grant was edging inside to support Jervis up front, as he did that ATS was left to put in a handful of crosses and did so very well I thought.

I sincerely hope it wasn't an injury both for our sake and Aaron's. He's found a good run of form and appears to be growing in confidence, it would be a cruel blow for him to be out injured now. Similarly our defence finally feels settled, Bradley and Edwards have finally started to built a good partnership and Sawyer and ATS have provided solid defensive displays to at least keep us in games long enough for others to go out and snatch 3 points for us. I'd hate to lose the defensive qualities of ATS because it will hinder the confidence of the rest of the team to have a weaker cog in at full back.

Which brings me on to Miller; there's not a lot I can add. We all know this bloke is well out of his depth, he wasn't good enough for League 2 so I don't see why Adams ever thought he'd be able to make the step up. He was nowhere near their winger for at least 2 of the goals and half a dozen other chances they carved open from his side. Sadly he's just not up to it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
In Miller's defence he might have been brought on to provide some width.

Also not many teams play with two left footed players on the right side.

We were losing and had to take a risk by pushing Miller and Sawyer forward to play almost as wingers and leave Songo'o and Bradley isolated at the back.

The problem with that is if the ball is lost upfield one pass down either flank by Oxford will look like Miller or Sawyer are out of position.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2dhx5wcl said:

We were losing and had to take a risk by pushing Miller and Sawyer forward to play almost as wingers and leave Songo'o and Bradley isolated at the back.

The problem with that is if the ball is lost upfield one pass down either flank by Oxford will look like Miller or Sawyer are out of position.

But other teams seem to have players who can both attack and defend?

For example runners from midfield.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2m8u0l5k said:

the prosecution suggests the risk should have been to put on fletcher to play alongside jake and also put the fine fellow diagouraga "out to stud" as his legs are clearly gone.please derek play alex and lameiras on tuesday.

Oct 31, 2015
If we wanted to push up tge field with 10 men (not sure DA knows how to push up tge field#) why didnt we go three at the back with 5 in midfield including the wingers to push onto theiir left and right backs. Oh hang too attack minded.
Lets bring a player who cant defend or attack and upset the whole back 4.

I felt for ATS as there was no need for that sub. Miller obviously has pucs of DA in a compromising position :)

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
I was thinking at the time to bring offf grant,who was not having much of a good game,put Ainsworth on the right,Cary on the left,with Lameiras in for Diagouraga,who i thought was slow and ponderous, but that may have been a bit too attacking for Adams!

I was amazed at the half-time substitution.After Edwards' dismissal, Argyle played pretty well for the rest of the half and the defence contained an Oxford attack which was busy and pacey. What was lacking in Argyle was a bit of the same. So if there was to be an early substitution I thought Wylde or Lamiras might have added a bit of variety. Whatever you think of their abilities (and I admire their qualities)our midfield players are not busy or pacey. They were a shambles in the second half.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
I am sure Adams was equally underwhelmed how the team adapted in the 2nd half. Whether the substitution was tactical or not, exposing Miller to play in a team of 10 men, expecting him to bomb forward and then get back quickly, given his lack of pace was a strange gamble.
If that was the plan, Ainsworth might have been a better shout.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Adams has now explained that Taylor-Sinclair was subbed in a tactical move because he wanted Miller to provide more width than Sawyer did on the right.