Remi Matthews (back to Norwich & may return to Argyle) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Remi Matthews (back to Norwich & may return to Argyle)

Apr 30, 2017
Think we could be looking for another goalkeeper, as he was unable to walk when I saw him a few minutes ago.

John Cooper

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
hopefully not a downgrade to mccormick please

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Took a knock right at the end. Saw him trying to run it off. Will we need a 6th one by Tuesday night?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
greenmarc":2mlewtbi said:
of we ask the league for another keeper surely they will laugh at us

Canā€™t very well can they? Weā€™ve used 3 senior keepers, a youth keeper and an emergency loan keeper. Weā€™d be hard pressed to find another club willing to loan us one but itā€™s within the FLā€™s rules.

That said, anyone loaning Argyle a keeper could use it as advanced training as thereā€™s not many keepers get as much action as ours and protection? Forget it.

lipsonlad67

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
On another note, last night at a nearby table were a group who I couldnā€™t help but hear talking about the game. Slowly dawned on me that Remi Matthews was amongst them.
I know heā€™s a loanee but what a great ambassador that lad is for our club, the people he was talking to were Argyle fans, bitterly disappointed at what had happened earlier. I joined in the conversation and throughout Remi was approachable and professional. The point is, he made a beeline to the fans not the
other way around. It was plainly evident that his day had been ruined as much as ours. He felt the hurt too and knew what it meant to the fans and the club.
Needed cheering up last night and that experience meant the day ended on a good note.
Upwards and onwards!

Jul 12, 2016
Great goalkeeper.May have let in 4 but only due to some superb finishing from Oxford and poor defending from the rest of the team.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Ade the green":i8uiqv44 said:
greenmarc":i8uiqv44 said:

Canā€™t very well can they? Weā€™ve used 3 senior keepers, a youth keeper and an emergency loan keeper. Weā€™d be hard pressed to find another club willing to loan us one but itā€™s within the FLā€™s rules.

That said, anyone loaning Argyle a keeper could use it as advanced training as thereā€™s not many keepers get as much action as ours and protection? Forget it.
Firstly, in reply to greenmarc, if Matthews is injured then we meet the criteria to sign an emergency loan keeper so no, they won't laugh at us.

As for had to find a club willing to loan us one I don't think that's right. There's a lot of clubs with keepers getting no game time. These emergency loans are seven day loans so if a club does get a problem with an injury they could get him back straight away. For clubs with three keepers it's an easy way to give a player competitive game time and with no risk attached for them.
Just had a quick look at the Championship squads and there's loads who are probably available including some with a fair bit of experience. Most clubs had three keepers, Sheffield Wednesday have four so maybe a return for Cameron Dawson could be on the cards.

Green as Grass

ā™£ļø North Devon Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
lipsonlad67":3lkjeu44 said:
On another note, last night at a nearby table were a group who I couldnā€™t help but hear talking about the game. Slowly dawned on me that Remi Matthews was amongst them.
I know heā€™s a loanee but what a great ambassador that lad is for our club, the people he was talking to were Argyle fans, bitterly disappointed at what had happened earlier. I joined in the conversation and throughout Remi was approachable and professional. The point is, he made a beeline to the fans not the
other way around. It was plainly evident that his day had been ruined as much as ours. He felt the hurt too and knew what it meant to the fans and the club.
Needed cheering up last night and that experience meant the day ended on a good note.
Upwards and onwards!
Did he comment on his injury ?

lipsonlad67

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
Heā€™s still hoping to be fit enough for the Northampton game, however not betraying any confidences here, he was still hobbling about last night. The hope is that Mother Nature and rest does its bit between now and Tuesday and wonā€™t mean that Geoff Crudgington will be brought out of retirement!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
lipsonlad67":1id30bvr said:
Heā€™s still hoping to be fit enough for the Northampton game, however not betraying any confidences here, he was still hobbling about last night. The hope is that Mother Nature and rest does its bit between now and Tuesday and wonā€™t mean that Geoff Crudgington will be brought out of retirement!

I think even Geoff looks fitter than that non-League keeper, who ate all the pies during that F A Cup game a couple of years ago!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Argy1e":1njiwlin said:
Ade the green":1njiwlin said:
greenmarc":1njiwlin said:

Firstly, in reply to greenmarc, if Matthews is injured then we meet the criteria to sign an emergency loan keeper so no, they won't laugh at us.

As for had to find a club willing to loan us one I don't think that's right. There's a lot of clubs with keepers getting no game time. These emergency loans are seven day loans so if a club does get a problem with an injury they could get him back straight away. For clubs with three keepers it's an easy way to give a player competitive game time and with no risk attached for them.
Just had a quick look at the Championship squads and there's loads who are probably available including some with a fair bit of experience. Most clubs had three keepers, Sheffield Wednesday have four so maybe a return for Cameron Dawson could be on the cards.

Firstly, you mean what I said!

Secondly, tongue in cheek but asking whether another club would loan us a keeper is because the risk involved would mean that keeper getting injured I.e used 5 and injured 4.

Apr 9, 2011
Ade the green":w3jfnh25 said:
Argy1e":w3jfnh25 said:
Ade the green":w3jfnh25 said:
greenmarc":w3jfnh25 said:

Firstly, you mean what I said!

Secondly, tongue in cheek but asking whether another club would loan us a keeper is because the risk involved would mean that keeper getting injured I.e used 5 and injured 4.
Agree , looks like a jinx on keepers at HP