• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Your thoughts, praise or criticism and marks out of 10 for today's referee Graham Horwood.

Previous polls and majority of voting:

Charlton - won. John Brooks 7/10
Scunthorpe - lost. Chris Sarginson 1/10
MK Dons - lost. Charles Breakspear 4/10
Blackpool - lost. Kevin Johnson 3/10
Doncaster - lost. Nick Kinseley 5/10
Fleetwood - lost. Craig Hicks 8/10
Shrewsbury - drew. Mark Heywood 5/10
Rochdale - drew. Gavin Ward 9/10
Grimsby FA Cup - won. John Busby 7/10

Aug 11, 2013
basingstokegreen":3e10yk9f said:
Doesn't know the laws of the game nor followed guidance given by the FA to all referees at start of season
Incompetecentre at its worst

If you’re talking about the pen. Incorrect. There was nothing accidental about Edwards challenge and so double jeopardy ruling doesn’t feature in refs decision. I’d have been raging if no pen had been given in our favour in similar circs. We’re not bottom because of refereeing decisions - managerial decisions.

Apr 8, 2014
arrythewurzel":1l5jvrt2 said:
basingstokegreen":1l5jvrt2 said:
Doesn't know the laws of the game nor followed guidance given by the FA to all referees at start of season

If you’re talking about the pen. Incorrect. There was nothing accidental about Edwards challenge and so double jeopardy ruling doesn’t feature in refs decision. I’d have been raging if no pen had been given in our favour in similar circs. We’re not bottom because of refereeing decisions - managerial decisions.

You’re now letting your own opinions on Adams impede your knowledge of the game. There was minimal (if any) contact for the penalty. I don’t think it was, but whether it was or wasn’t, the double jeopardy DOES come into play. If a genuine attempt is made to play the ball and it’s a foul it’s a yellow card. They went shoulder to shoulder, the striker went down and he gave a penalty and a red card. Incorrect on both.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":3k9e1cc1 said:
basingstokegreen":3k9e1cc1 said:

It's funny how so often we hear on these pages about teams who come to Home Park "cheating" yet when an Argyle player uses the darkest art of all, there are claims that the ref dealt with it incorrectly.

Mar 4, 2013
Basingstoke
arrythewurzel":1swmm2q4 said:
basingstokegreen":1swmm2q4 said:

No I'm not talking about the pen decision but the red that followed. It flies directly against the instruction given to all referees at the start of the season. It was a mistimed challenge at worst. Not a pull back or deliberate trip nor serious foul play and outside the area would not have warranted even a talking to let alone a yellow card. I have had three situations in local games where exactly the same happened and gave penalties but no cards and based upon the instructions I had no complants. Now I see this I have no clue what the FA wants us to do regarding double jeopardy.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
shortbred":z9agti1z said:
arrythewurzel":z9agti1z said:
basingstokegreen":z9agti1z said:

You’re now letting your own opinions on Adams impede your knowledge of the game. There was minimal (if any) contact for the penalty. I don’t think it was, but whether it was or wasn’t, the double jeopardy DOES come into play. If a genuine attempt is made to play the ball and it’s a foul it’s a yellow card. They went shoulder to shoulder, the striker went down and he gave a penalty and a red card. Incorrect on both.

That's your opinion but the Laws of the Game clearly state "in the opinion of the REFEREE" who clearly thought it was a deliberate foul.

Apr 8, 2014
Lundan Cabbie":1jceyrjn said:
shortbred":1jceyrjn said:
arrythewurzel":1jceyrjn said:
basingstokegreen":1jceyrjn said:

That's your opinion but the Laws of the Game clearly state "in the opinion of the REFEREE" who clearly thought it was a deliberate foul.

Have you seen it again? I’ve just seen the replay and if it’s another referee he gets booked for diving. I’m sorry but I’m having none of it having seen the replay, it confirmed what I saw at the time was FACT not OPINION. We will appeal and it will be overturned.

Mar 4, 2013
Basingstoke
Lundan Cabbie":17w30kpv said:
shortbred":17w30kpv said:
arrythewurzel":17w30kpv said:
basingstokegreen":17w30kpv said:

Then why did the FA bring in double jeapardy? Once a plAyer commits to a challenge the second he gets it wrong it is deliberate foul. The reason it was brought in was to stop the ridiculous situation where deliberate challenges that were mistimed were not punished twice

shortbred":2u0t3n1d said:
Lundan Cabbie":2u0t3n1d said:
shortbred":2u0t3n1d said:
arrythewurzel":2u0t3n1d said:
basingstokegreen":2u0t3n1d said:

Have you seen it again? I’ve just seen the replay and if it’s another referee he gets booked for diving. I’m sorry but I’m having none of it having seen the replay, it confirmed what I saw at the time was FACT not OPINION. We will appeal and it will be overturned.

Just watched it back. Penalty would have been ample. It was a clumsy coming together.
Not convinced it'll be overturned though. The FA do tend to favour the circus clowns they employ!