Argyle in the Community. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle in the Community.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Truly amazing facts about the above. Something we should all be proud of.

* Work with 5,000 people per week

* Work with young people from the age of 3 up to our oldest participant of 87 years old.

* Deliver over 330 sessions per week.

* Work across two of the largest counties within the UK and have three offices (Home Park, Launceston and Redruth)

* Sessions delivered from Penzance (& Isle of Scilly) to North Devon Holsworthy.

* 41 permanent staff members, 60 sessional staff.

* Work in the following sectors: Health, Inclusion, Education, Participation.

* Charitable arm of the football club delivering the clubs CSR to local communities and using brand to help societal issues/needs.

* Delivering the biggest sporting facility within Plymouth bar the Life Centre (Manadon).

* 25th Fastest growing business within the South West and listed in WMN within the 75 fastest growing businesses.

* Biggest Sports foundation within SW with turnover anticipated to be £2.1 million for 2017 being invested within the local communities through our programmes.

* Staff made up of multiple skill sets ranging from coaching staff, business development, qualified teachers, health practitioner, administration and many more.

* Trust totally dependent on fundraising and grants for programmes that we deliver.

As I say something we should all be proud and proof we are way more than just a football club.

Jul 29, 2010
All good work that.

Tangential but it called to mind something Mervyn contributed earlier to the ST pricing discussion...

mervyn":2xy4j7fb said:
...I think there is a better solution to building support. My son and Grand-sons support Bromma FC in Stockholm. Every spring all seven year olds, girls and boys, enrol on a training programme explained during an open day, when about 500 kids from local schools turn up at the club. Thereafter training is weekly through a huge club pyramid system, where the training is taken by teenagers who are themselves still learning how to play and manage. Regardless of whether they sign up for the course, and stick with it through to their teens, all children are given a full kit and a ball for themselves. Even those who drop out through preferred other interests, remain Bromma fans for the rest of their lives.

Like letting in kids for free, which I also favour, this is a very slow build of the fan base over a generation or two, but it seems to me a good long term bet, whatever the team's fortunes on the pitch.
Get 'em in young and keep 'em, embed us in the consciousness of a generation.

It's a tall order but as I recall it was something Simon Hallett was keen to drive forward.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Exactly, that's why I got the facts from Mark Lovell. Truly amazing.

According to Mark, if we take a straight comparison with all the football clubs in the EPL and EFL we are 12th in the Premier.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
That is truly amazing and something that every Pilgrim should be justly proud of. We Janners can get it right sometimes. Well done to all the team.

May 16, 2016
The work these guys do really is one of the Clubs best kept secrets. I know from personal experience how the young kids of the City and surrounding areas have started to associate Football with Argyle from the School visits and holiday time coaching sessions they run.

Amongst many benefits are the seeds of future support being sewn. The next big joint challenge is to translate that into getting them into the ground on matchdays and I believe there's another thread on that !

Jan 3, 2013
Fantastic, but there in a nutshell is the problem.......I'd never heard of the community arm of the club.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
IJN":2nbxiizr said:
Truly amazing facts about the above. Something we should all be proud of.

* Work with 5,000 people per week

* Work with young people from the age of 3 up to our oldest participant of 87 years old.

* Deliver over 330 sessions per week.

* Work across two of the largest counties within the UK and have three offices (Home Park, Launceston and Redruth)

* Sessions delivered from Penzance (& Isle of Scilly) to North Devon Holsworthy.

* 41 permanent staff members, 60 sessional staff.

* Work in the following sectors: Health, Inclusion, Education, Participation.

* Charitable arm of the football club delivering the clubs CSR to local communities and using brand to help societal issues/needs.

* Delivering the biggest sporting facility within Plymouth bar the Life Centre (Manadon).

* 25th Fastest growing business within the South West and listed in WMN within the 75 fastest growing businesses.

* Biggest Sports foundation within SW with turnover anticipated to be £2.1 million for 2017 being invested within the local communities through our programmes.

* Staff made up of multiple skill sets ranging from coaching staff, business development, qualified teachers, health practitioner, administration and many more.

* Trust totally dependent on fundraising and grants for programmes that we deliver.

As I say something we should all be proud and proof we are way more than just a football club.
Worth a bump to read it again. What a fantastic organisation we have in our midst. I know that Simon Hallett has praised it and this summary from IJN should be shouted from the rooftops.
Well done to all concerned!!

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
That's absolutely staggering. Never realised there were so many staff as part of the operation. As a matter of interest, outside of fundraising how is the show kept on the road financially? And what exactly is its relationship to the club given its charitable status? Just curious. But wow. What an impact

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Absolutely fantastic work already being done and more plans for the future too. A strong Argyle in the Community benefits both Argyle AND the Community. Well done to all concerned.