Sarcevic and Sokolik | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sarcevic and Sokolik

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Both joined less than a year ago on 18 month contracts to bolster our promotion push.

Have either got a future at Home Park?

Sarcevic - bright start with us but now displaced by Diagouarara. Has he anything to offer the side? Thought he might have a goal in him breaking from midfield but he doesnt look like scoring and now he is just a squad player at best.

Sokolik - a pretty consistent starter last season after arriving. This season Songo'o preferred at CB and only a couple of appearances at RB when there were no other options. Can't even get on the bench most weeks for the first team.

Will they just see out their contracts or will January see their departures and Adams using the budget released to attract some new talent?

Jan 30, 2017
I think that's a little harsh on Sarcevic. I agree he has flattered to deceive at times, but he's been in the side for longer than he's been out, and at present is first choice CM off the bench. No way we'll release him without bringing in bodies first.

Regarding Sokolik, it appears that he's been pushed firmly down the pecking order by Edwards and the Songo'o renaissance. He found himself similarly phased out at Southend before joining us.

Jul 6, 2009
Who would sign them to free up wages? Sokolik is nowhere near good enough and Sarcevic is nowhere near fit enough. He is obviously never going to recover from his injury and is the shadow of the player Fleetwood had.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
skynet":fkoo8ue4 said:
Who would sign them to free up wages? Sokolik is nowhere near good enough and Sarcevic is nowhere near fit enough. He is obviously never going to recover from his injury and is the shadow of the player Fleetwood had.

Maybe a team pushing to reach League 1? Perhaps a team like Swindon who are the on the shoulders of the automatic places? Both played a part in getting us out of that League.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Both were very good for us last season and most League Two sides should want them. While I'm happy to see them feature more regularly for us, it's a good thing that we now have better options - as we need them for this level.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Can't see Sarcevic going anywhere in January. Sokolik is a different matter though and I'm sure if someone wanted him he'd be gone.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Toumani won’t stay when we get relegated so the thing is, has Sarcevic got the inclination to be ignored for a season and then to spearhead our attempt at promotion from league 2 next? I doubt it.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
They'll both feature when they're fit and when injuries and suspensions start to hit.

Jun 2, 2016
Ade the green":3kisug8j said:
Toumani won’t stay when we get relegated so the thing is, has Sarcevic got the inclination to be ignored for a season and then to spearhead our attempt at promotion from league 2 next? I doubt it.

Oh dear... :lol:

Aug 5, 2016
Sarcevic is not out of place in our squad. Perhaps he's not an automatic start but that's a different kettle of fish to driving out of the club. An injury or suspension to Fox, Toums or Songo'o and he will soon be needed.

E

Electronic

Ade the green":10ln8at8 said:

As further proof that Pasoti and ATD are two sides of the same coin...'are you Freathy in disguise?'

E

Electronic

Sarcevic has always looked over-rated (as well as overweight) when I've seen him play. Shouts at other players for his own mistakes.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’m not a Sarcevic fan. He has ok games but doesn’t reallly offer anything conclusive.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Sarcevic needs to be played in the number 10 role.

I remember him playing there when he first arrived and he looked a cut above, scored 2 in 3 as well if I remember rightly.