Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It could (I know it won't be, but it could) be 6 points in 10 days time.

:lol:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
And 1 point off Rock bottom. Lets not get ahead of ourselves as the best we can hope for from this season now is avoiding relegation. 20th place will do me fine after the start we have had

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
samjones":3vdtw9jn said:
And 1 point off Rock bottom. Lets not get ahead of ourselves as the best we can hope for from this season now is avoiding relegation. 20th place will do me fine after the start we have had

You went 2-0 Bradford didn't you?

Oct 21, 2015
samjones":2cjjo29b said:

Now auditioning as Mr Happy for Snow White panto.........

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
samjones":84mqx5s7 said:
We were 8 points adrift not too long ago.

Onwards and upwards.

Jul 29, 2010
samjones":2eub6ar9 said:
Some qualified defence of Sam here.

The thread exposes Inevitable post win jubilation, but in truth we are only suuuper excited because it really wasn't expected.

The ying to that yang is we're now back home to low placed teams...and are thus expected to win.

That however is our Achilles heel. I'll only start looking at the top half of the table once we have shown we can gain expected points, not just unexpected bonus ones. Until then I agree with Sam, 20th will do me.

The law of typical Argo struck today in our favour but it wouldn't be out of character at all for it to strike again in the coming fortnight...cement a huge win with a huge flop at home to our 'six pointer rivals' :sad:

Just a simple note of caution, no dampening of the mood intended, for tonight we drink :stout:

May 16, 2016
Yes, we're still only one off the bottom and not exactly 'safe' but, as unwanted as it is, the ongoing battle to get out of the relegation berths, the upturn in form and fortune that entails, can be just as exciting and unifying as the run in to a promotion.

Obviously, a nice safe mid table plod of a Season is the preffered option if not going for the next League up but, in my experience, the sense of relief and achievement in battling our way out of the doo doo is in a macabre way, almost enjoyable.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Next 2 home games are critical. We need a minimum 4 pts and preferably 6 to confirm we have turned things around.
Anything less is unacceptable IMHO.
At least Carey is back :scarf:

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
When you're near the bottom a decent run of form tends to have more impact than near the top because the teams around you are by definition all doing poorly.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Sam you post some tripe.

What divine right do we have to expect to win games. Northampton are on a run themselves defeat against them is far from unacceptable. It's part and parcel of football.

For all your consistent doom and gloom you have acknowledge Adams has somehow got things right again. He is playing to our strengths which are like or not a strong solid defensive unit. Three goals conceded in 6 games is testament to a change in attitude and hard work. We aren't all of a sudden going to turn on the free flowing football and start winning games 4-0. We will continue to play a game that suits us and in the managers belief bring results.

Defeat would be disappointing but unacceptable? Get over yourself son.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
samjones said:
Next 2 home games are critical. We need a minimum 4 pts and preferably 6 to confirm we have turned things around.
Anything less is unacceptable IMHO.
At least Carey is back :scarf:[/quote]

He may be back , but will he get in the starting line up ?