Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Peeps,

This is the best I can do (sizewise) I'm hoping you all have zoom facilities to see this better.

These two posters were put up around the ground before last Saturday’s game, they are also to be placed in the reception of the Pavilions Ice Rink. Poster 1 explains the changes to the masterplan from the plans that were originally uploaded and Poster 2 gives an overview of the development.

Poster 2 :-
PI1ImQe.png

Poster 1 :-
YrDUfiE.png

Hope you find this interesting. :thumbup:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
At last something is moving. :clap: :clap:

Nice one. Couple of things stand out for me. The realignment of the Western gateway to ensure that views of the Life centre are interrupted. Given that the Life Centre is possibly the most hideous edifice ever created, I would have thought that the more interruption of views of it the better.

Also - what is the whole fascination with an ice rink? Is it really that much of a money spinner?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Three things, one the rink in the Pavilions have to be replaced prior the the Pavilions being altered. Two the present rink is to small to hold shows and proper skating competitions. Three this will fulfil a promise made to some very young skaters who came and gave support when J Brent was applying for planning permission for the original plans.

Jul 29, 2010
Two things (agenda free)...

How many diners are "$00" diners?, $00 is not a number.

What is the capacity of the Ice Rink. Poster 1 says "minimum number of seats within the rink will be 1,100" but poster 2 says "seating up to 1,100". 1,100 is either a minimum or a maximum, which?

Generally though, good to see things progressing.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":o9gwoi8q said:
What is the capacity of the Ice Rink. Poster 1 says "minimum number of seats within the rink will be 1,100" but poster 2 says "seating up to 1,100". 1,100 is either a minimum or a maximum, which?

Must be exactly 1,100 then. It's the only number that fits both.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Seems mostly fine. These types of development are never works of beauty but there is nothing to spoil there really. Get on with it.

Aug 5, 2015
Surely there must be something wrong with this. Where’s the pasty van going and surely a square inch of Central Park is going!

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Argy1e":13v1lnlk said:
X Isle":13v1lnlk said:
How many diners are "$00" diners?, $00 is not a number.
Says 800 doesn't it?

To those of us with 20-20 vision it certainly appeared that way but further analysis by the Hubble telescope concluded that the '8' was in fact a '$'!
X-'Men' Isle more like! ;)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Looks good to me. To all sceptics, for a second just visualise just how much drastically better this will look than it does at present.

No more weeds growing from terraces, no more derelict rotting concrete, no more potholed car park, no more portakabin club shop and offices, no more splintered wooden seats (though I want one of them for my garden), no more being embarassed when TV cameras point towards the grandstand.

I did laugh at the description of the area between the grandstand and ice rink as 'piazza', mind... I think that's the new trendy developer word for 'space'.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Cool, but I'm still fed up with seeing the impressive stage 2 representation, while no plan actually exists to get stage 2 done.

No mention of the GT bar either? I'd have thought that's a fairly substantial bit of work.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It looks good for the people of Plymouth, especially with the few minor improvements. And good to see the extra parking and drop off point for disabled fans on match day.

The seating capacity of the ice arena is only 220 less than the Theatre Royal.