Grant | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grant

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I like Grant, I like his movement and his trying to take people on. I have noticed though that he tends to take shots towards to top of the goal which might be why he misses more than he scores. Even yesterday his goal came off the crossbar. Maybe he should be encouraged or taught to try a few daisy cutters.

All said though, I think he was a decent addition to the squad/team.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pleased for Grant. He's worked hard this season but the end product hasn't quite been there, hopefully he can kick on from this & score us a few more now, sometimes 1 goal is all it takes.

Oct 14, 2015
I saw him patting his badge but not sure if I also saw him cupping his ears which players normally do when they've been getting a bit of stick, maybe I was mistaken because the view of the whole game from where I was stood was awful. It has to go down as one of the worst grounds for away fans stood on the terraces.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I was literally thinking 'what does Grant offer?' just as he made the pass to Carey in the lead up to the goal.

Scoring and then going on a wonder run soon changed my mind.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Welwyn Pilgrim":2l9wb6mq said:
I saw him patting his badge but not sure if I also saw him cupping his ears which players normally do when they've been getting a bit of stick, maybe I was mistaken because the view of the whole game from where I was stood was awful. It has to go down as one of the worst grounds for away fans stood on the terraces.

Not particularly comfortable (my back was killing me until the adrenaline of the goal) but it's one of my very favourite away days.

Helps that I haven't seen us lose there.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Ade the green":17altabm said:
I like Grant, I like his movement and his trying to take people on. I have noticed though that he tends to take shots towards to top of the goal which might be why he misses more than he scores. Even yesterday his goal came off the crossbar. Maybe he should be encouraged or taught to try a few daisy cutters.

I wasn't there but from the highlights it looked like he was a little bit lucky, could have gone over. But hey, maybe it was deliberately placed just so, that's more or less what he said in his interview so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. main thing is he's scored and that should help his confidence. A win on Saturday would no us no end of good.

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
Ade the green":yewn1mf9 said:

You shouldn’t believe everything you read in the BBC. It most certainly didn’t hit the woodwork first

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Kevin Pedlar":z7u2diqa said:
Ade the green":z7u2diqa said:

You shouldn’t believe everything you read in the BBC. It most certainly didn’t hit the woodwork first

I didn't read it, I thought it looked that way from the highlights. I still stand by what I said and his shots are mostly lifted which could easily be over the bar or tipped over the bar.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I'd also add that yesterday the whole sequence of Grant's goal was something we'd seen from Carey before. Takes the ball wide right, moves into the left and takes a shot. I actually wonder if he set Grant up purposely to give him a chance to score. Seems a bit far fetched I admit but his pass was usually when he pulls the trigger himself.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
This one for you Ade. Feel free to use it on 'BanterBoard'. :greensmile:

7JdhZQK.jpg

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Unfortunately I'm not on it. Just as well as my dislike for most of their "puerile" banter leaves me cold. We don't need to worry, Grant is living the dream in League 1 which, if his old club doesn't pull their socks up will still be a dream next season.

Did you hear the Big Bank was shaking yesterday in the wind?